• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

This team needs at least one more veteran starter

Packfill

And I don't mean Lo Wright!

No team is going to be successful starting a frontline that is completely wet behind the ear. JJ, Speedy and Lue provide some semblance of a veteran backcourt - although both Speedy and Lue are better served in backup rolls.

What BK needs to do is trade one or two of the young guys for a veteran who can actually play 30+ meaningful minutes. This veteran should be either a center (preferably) or a power forward. Package Zaza, Stoudamire and one of Marvin/Sheldon/Smoove for a legit frontcourt presence.

This doesn't have to happen this year (unless a good deadline deal can be made) but failing to do so will result in another year of losing basketball. Granted, this may only be a bandaid if one of the young forwards does not step forward as a legit starter, but it is the only way this team will ever sniff the playoffs.

I also would consider firing woody now and seeing if an interim coach can instil some life into this squad, if only to confirm that it is infact a talent problem rather then just a coaching problem.

I suppose firing Woody to bring "life" back to the team could work. Hell, check out what's going on in Memphis...

Quote:

Another high priority for Barone is to give rookie Rudy Gay extensive playing time. Gay is averaging 8.7 points in 23 minutes, but those minutes have been about as inconsistent as his play.

"He's going to play minutes," Barone said. "If he's dying, he's going to play minutes. I told him, 'Don't look over to the bench to me because you're tired, because you're not coming out. You will die. You'll be the first player who died on the basketball court because you're tired.' He's going to play minutes and he's going to produce."

Actually, that wouldn't be bringing life to the team after all...damn.

I'm very skeptical that all we need is a vet seeing as that is what we had the last two years.

I notice you don't mention anyone in particular or what we would realistically have to give up to get him, knowing MW and SW don't have trade value worth a d@mn.

Just pointing out that we've had the very vet your asking for, it didn't help, and there isn't anyone of significance we can get with our low prospect value.

W

It is impossible to evaluate players, coaches, assistants, GM, et al with the bizzare court case that is hanging over our heads.

A guy named Demming has a theory that people only function as well as the system that they are in. Given that the ownership of the franchise is totally screwed and the whole culture is screwed, it is impossible to tell how well anyone functions. Bringing in a new GM or coach without resolving the ownership squabble does nothing to address the issue of the culture. Hate to be a profit of doom, but I think it is going to be years before we get a healthy culture for the franshise to flourish. You gotta think that Stern is aware of this and is not a happy camper.

Quote:

It is impossible to evaluate players, coaches, assistants, GM, et al with the bizzare court case that is hanging over our heads.

The "bizarre court case" is far removed from the coach and players, but regardless it didn't effect decisions until mid this offseason. I think that leaves an overwhelming amount of evidence why not to support the GM and coach now.

Quote:

Bringing in a new GM or coach without resolving the ownership squabble does nothing to address the issue of the culture. Hate to be a profit of doom, but I think it is going to be years before we get a healthy culture for the franshise to flourish.

Until that time what do you propose? No action?

I can think of one move that no amount of ill "culture" can sully. A top 3 pick in this very center laden, franchise player draft. I don't care so much what happens to Woody. He'll be gone before next year no doubt. I do not want BK making major decisions that involve this franchise, but as long as he doesn't and is fired before this offseason I'm fine with that too.

A top 3 draft pick might not heal all wounds, but if we had it we wouldn't be crying about a court case or how unfair it all is. We'd be hyped on the pick and all that such a pick brings in the form of promise and hope. That's why we focus on the court case. We don't have much hope as it stands and the current ownership situation offers us none. Why not do what we can as a franchise to get the most possible hope that we can instead of making playing this blame/excuses game?

W

I gotta agree with Walter "the Bulldog" on this one. Btw, I'm now realizing that Walter must have been partially raised by bulldogs, he gets his teach into an idea and doesnt let go until something else comes by to bite into. About all I can see in the next few years that will make us into an eventual contender is getting a very good 2007 draft pick.

Think about it, if we sign a top free agent, it's unlikely it will make us good enough or if it did it would take a few years and by that time we wouldnt be able to afford to resign our young players so we'd have to break it up anyways.

However, other than lottery luck, I dont see us getting a top 3 pick. Even with all our injuries, we were a decent team 2/3 of the year so far, once we get out of this slump and into the easier part of the season, we will turn it around and probably win 28-35 games. That's assuming Joe doesnt go down to an extended injury.

So since I think "The Bulldog's" idea relies on luck and signing a vet just wont do it, I think it's gonna take some crafty moves by BK to get us where we need to be. And for BK to have more tradeable assets our players have to start playing better. Right now Marvin and Shelden probably dont have much trade value. And I think it's gonna be hard to get a team to give up a 2007 top10 pick or so, but Josh Childress will probably do it, preferably maybe we can give up ZaZa and Salim in some sort of deal. Then if we did have two mid 2007 picks, maybe we could move them for a higher pick.

Getting back to winning will help our player's trade values so that's what I'm hoping for, and soon! Then I'd like to see some trades, even if it means losing Childress who is my favorite Hawk.

Quote:

Until the ownership feud is resolved any fix is what you called it: duck tape,

Whereas W calls it duck tape, the rest of us call it duct tape! (Sorry, has been bothering me a lot.. that and 'capitol.')

Guest Walter

Quote:

Whereas W calls it duck tape, the rest of us call it duct tape! (Sorry, has been bothering me a lot.. that and 'capitol.')

...nor do I proof read.

W

Quote:

Quote:

...nor do I proof read.

W

It's all good.. I bet 'duck tape' will be a valid spelling of it fairly soon, since English has a way of changing its ways smile.gif

Happy New Year btw.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

...nor do I proof read.

W

It's all good.. I bet 'duck tape' will be a valid spelling of it fairly soon, since English has a way of changing its ways smile.gif

Happy New Year btw.

So i'm not the only one, everybody here in Uruguay saids "cinta pato" that means duck tape (pato = duck)when is duct tape.

We can't do nothing about it, is a part of the changes that occures along the time; if you take a look and pay atention you could see how every language (spanish, english, italian, etc.) has changed.

HAPPY NEW YEAR.

FELIZ AÑO NUEVO.

Guest Walter

Quote:

So i'm not the only one, everybody here in Uruguay saids "cinta pato" that means duck tape (pato = duck)when is duct tape.

....but sadly to say I'm simply lazy and/or oblivious when it comes to the details of relatively minor issues such as spelling.

W