• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Mora Fired

TexasPete

This picture makes Mora look like he's working in a fast food resteraunt. Can I take your order please?

I'm very interested in who they are going to interview. Blank is no longer a 'novice' owner and he realizes that this is an extremely important decision. Make the wrong decision again and Vick will lose a significant part of his best years. Don't envy them and what's in front of them.

• Premium Member

Great post troubleman. Yuo're absolutely right about the Falcons. The red zone offense was frustrating to watch the past few seasons. We were really exposed when we traded Duckett. We no longer had a guy to fall back on when that ridiculous corner fade route failed on first and second down. I liked Mora, but he kinda fired himself. He picked the worst time to goof up this season and sometimes that's all it takes. And for those Vick haters out there, he's the best thing to happen to the Falcons in the last few years. I don't want this to be another situation similar to that of Nique. He was, for the most part, under appreciated in this town. When he was traded, there was a full page spread showing some fan's opinions about him. The opinions were "mixed", to say the least, and I found that disturbing. That guy WAS Atlanta basketball for almost a decade and yet some people here didn't respect that. I see the same thing with Vick now. Maybe that's why Atlanta is thought of as a bad sports town.

Quote:

Great post troubleman. Yuo're absolutely right about the Falcons. The red zone offense was frustrating to watch the past few seasons. We were really exposed when we traded Duckett. We no longer had a guy to fall back on when that ridiculous corner fade route failed on first and second down. I liked Mora, but he kinda fired himself. He picked the worst time to goof up this season and sometimes that's all it takes. And for those Vick haters out there, he's the best thing to happen to the Falcons in the last few years. I don't want this to be another situation similar to that of Nique. He was, for the most part, under appreciated in this town. When he was traded, there was a full page spread showing some fan's opinions about him. The opinions were "mixed", to say the least, and I found that disturbing. That guy WAS Atlanta basketball for almost a decade and yet some people here didn't respect that. I see the same thing with Vick now. Maybe that's why Atlanta is thought of as a bad sports town.

anybody remember what TJ did against Chicago? he stuck it up at the end of last season.

I just get tired of people bashing Vick all the time. The last time I checked, with the exception of New England and Green Bay the last 10 SuperBowl winners had mediocre QBs and offenses. The one constant was they all had superior DEFENSES. New England had both. Green Bay had both.

Again I would take Vick's offense just like it is right now and a much better defense and this team is in the SuperBowl.

Trent Dilfer, Roethlisberger, Tampa Bay's QB (Brad Johnson) all won SuperBowls and would not call them excellent QBs. The one constant was defense and the Atlanta Falcons have one of the worse defensive schemes in the league. Vick can have Marino kind of numbers and will never win a SuperBowl with this defense!!