• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I hate to say it, but Joe must 'sit', get well...

HAWKS1986

Joe Johnson has been battling a turf toe injury to go along with a sore calf muscle. I hate to see this happen to Joe, but the Hawks need to 'sit' him down and its time to see what other players can do.

I don't like the word 'tank', but that turf toe can be very serious and its time to see what others can do on a nightly basis...

Our season ended against Utah when he lost that 20+ point lead in the fourth quarter in mid December..and I had a bad feeling after seeing that game and since that game the double digit losses have started to pile up...

Leaving Joe out there isn't a good thing..

Marvin, Josh, Salim, Soloman have an opportunity to show what they can do.. at least two of these players must grow up and someone one will be left behind..

Get ready to lose every game if JJ sits. Although it's not much different if he plays. I don't like the thought of our 70 million dollar man sitting. If he can play, like tonight, he can play. A half assed JJ is better than no JJ. For that much money, give the dedicated fans of teh hawks some hope and something to watch and attend games.

We have a perfectly good reason to sit Joe, and a perfectly good reason not to win games.

So we might as well do it.

I'd like to welcome Greg Oden or Kevin Durant to the Hawks next season to play alongside a healthy Joe Johnson...instead of watching Woodson ground JJ into the ground for just enough wins to land us the 4th pick in the draft.

I can't stand this anymore. Everything the Hawks do is stupid...there's no reason to play JJ 40+ minutes every night, night after night.

There's no reason not to get Solomon Jones in the game either.

Let's face it...the playoff race is already a distant memory...it's time to focus in on the only race that can matter for us anymore.

It makes logical sense for us fans, but we don't have our jobs at stake.

I also think it was two losses that spelled the end of the season: the aforemetioned Utah loss and the Bulls loss where we were up in the fourth quarter and really outplayed them the whole game.

Our season is over. And I think Woodson is a goner.

That Utah loss killed our season and it sealed Woodson's fate.

The Hawks need an impact player who can play and play well --even though he is young.

Amare Stoudamire. Dwight Howard. Ben Gordon. The list goes on and on. Young impact players exist, but we got to find a way to start picking players who can help our team WIN GAMES

I am disappointed in all our Top 10 picks , Childress, Shelden and Marvin... 2006 is the year that someone has to emerge and take their game to another level..

Quote:

...I am disappointed in all our Top 10 picks , Childress, Shelden and Marvin... 2006 is the year that someone has to emerge and take their game to another level..

and a decision has to be made...not on BK's ego...but who can we trade to really improve this team(small steps). C'mon...we ain't going worst-to-first...let's just not be last and a joke.

Quote:

Our season is over. And I think Woodson is a goner.

That Utah loss killed our season and it sealed Woodson's fate.

The Hawks need an impact player

This team obviously needs Dijon...and a real coach.

But seriously - I think we can compete with our current players - all healthy - for the 6-7-8 spot in a couple years (best). We have NO CHANCE at winning much against good teams without a a good center. IMHO ooo.gif

WTF - we had a decent center in Foster if we played hardball - but we are CHEAP. Remember the $$ deal - and you phuckers believe our owners ?!!?

If I was AL I would want to stick 40 up our ass tomorrow night.

It is getting to the point that JJ (and probably ZaZa) is getting abused. He can only do so much and to push him further is to asked for problems . . . . injuries. At some point it is not about winning and losing but about protecting JJ's health. We have a huge investment in him and we are abusing him. Would hate to see him get seriously injured.

Guest Walter

There's a middle groud here. Just don't play Joe 42:34 EVER! It's ridiculous, especially injured and on the 1st of consecutive day games.

Players can "play through" such injuries if they aren't playing so much to not only exaccerbate them, but cause them other injuries. JJ is an iron man. When he's injured you MUST pay attention to it and address it because it's not minor and he won't take himself out.

W