• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

God Marvin is horrible

AtLaS

Quote:

This pick is a close 2nd to Sam Bowie

what a bunch of cr.ap............how many times has it been said? how many times does it need to be said?

you take 100 friggin gms in a room and give them that pick and 85-90 take marvin williams. this hindsighnt intelligence is getting just ugly. all of these same folk who said that Paul was too small and was going to get banged up and points like Jack would back him down in the pros.

so you havent seen marvin get fouled going to the hole because he's quicker than his defender? you haven't seen him hit shots before? right now he is making bad decisions with the ball, he doesnt take his man enough and pass out...he's not aggressive(but with focus). those are youthful mistakes...he's a good shooter and has good form, just needs to start shooting confidently...the WHOLE TEAM IS NOT SHOOTING GOOD RIGHT NOW, INCLUDING JOE JOHNSON...but somehow it's Marvin who is a bust....

i am sure as hell not going to give up on a guy not old enough to drink with all of one college season experience and 1 and 1/6 year of pro experience. you think all of these scouts out there just all of a sudden forgot how to do their job and what they do for a living? because you've watched 1 and 1/6 year of Hawk basketball and a few scattered Heels games that you know more about the potential and talent of Marvin than these guys? Sure scouts and GM's make mistakes (Sam Bowie became injury-prone by the way and if any one person on this planet other than Jordan said he knew what Jordan would become, then they are a big fat lier, it was a big mistake for Portland but one a lot of GMs would have made).

prospect has to have 3 things:

athleticism and skill- he has that

the desire- he has that

confidence- he HAD that until the entire Hawks team now suffers from that.

ridiculous thread.....Hawks terrible, yes. But blame it on something that is actually affecting ALL of the team...coaching and confidence and energy. Marvin is part of that team but no need to put the whole thing or even a majority on him.

Quote:

you take 100 friggin gms in a room and give them that pick and 85-90 take marvin williams.

I disagree. Maybe for the majority of teams, but not for the Hawks. We already had Diaw, Smith, Chill, Harrington, and Donta. Chill and Smith had very promising seasons. At least 75% of mock drafts had us taking Paul or Deron, although I'll admit I wanted Felton the most, but I still liked Paul.

Quote:

so you havent seen marvin get fouled going to the hole because he's quicker than his defender?

Very rarely

Quote:

you haven't seen him hit shots before?

As I've said, this is the ONE positive about his game. And this is his only offensive move. It's catch the ball, jab step without dribbling and then take the shot. He is pretty good with it but he is only hitting it about 1 in 5 games.

Quote:

the WHOLE TEAM IS NOT SHOOTING GOOD RIGHT NOW, INCLUDING JOE JOHNSON...but somehow it's Marvin who is a bust....

Although I agree with you here, the whole team was not a #2 pick.

Quote:

you think all of these scouts out there just all of a sudden forgot how to do their job and what they do for a living? because you've watched 1 and 1/6 year of Hawk basketball and a few scattered Heels games that you know more about the potential and talent of Marvin than these guys?

I said it earlier in this thread. Marvin had 4 1st round players and a high 2nd rounder on his team. He came off the bench, and had a GREAT passing point guard. Scouts saw a tall, athletic player who had good shooting form, they didn't see his full game or games where he didn't play with All-Stars. This is why they said he had so much "potential"

Quote:

if any one person on this planet other than Jordan said he knew what Jordan would become, then they are a big fat lier, it was a big mistake for Portland but one a lot of GMs would have made).

I agree noone could have expected Jordan to become the GOAT, but he was the reigning TWO time college player of the year, that to me says that he would become a pretty good player.

Quote:

Marvin is part of that team but no need to put the whole thing or even a majority on him.

You have to understand, I'm not putting it on MARVIN. I'm putting it on the Marvin PICK. It's BK's fault, not Marvin's. I like Marvin, he's a good guy and he seems determined but it's BK's fault that he drafted Marvin given all the swingmen we already had on our team, and that Royal Ivey was our starting pg for god sakes! AND Marvin came into the workout with us out of shape and an inch shorter than reported. Especially after Paul was quoted saying that he had his best workout here and he got along with everyone greatly.

• Premium Member

Quote:

you take 100 friggin gms in a room and give them that pick and 85-90 take marvin williams. this hindsighnt intelligence is getting just ugly. all of these same folk who said that Paul was too small and was going to get banged up and points like Jack would back him down in the pros.

Do these 100 GMs have the Hawks squad with Chillz, Smoove, Harrington, Diaw, & Donta?

Do these 100 GMs sit through two workouts... One where Paul Dominates the field. The other where Marvin looks like a fat bear on a motorcycle?

Like I told you guys then... For those who watched Marvin, you would know that he had nothing but the hype machine behind him... He did nothing at UNC that made me say, this guy was the 2nd pick. Now Bogut, I watched him play 3-4 times. However, UNC, I watched just about every game. Marvin didn't look like a star then and it's 2 years later and he still sucks.