• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Forget the trades.

Playmaker0017

Here is what I see.

I see two really good back court players wanting to make Atlanta a real contender.

We have a tried and true point gaurd in Kenny Anderson. Not the best, but capable of making a team gel and finding open players. He is a pass first, score second PG with real handling skills. He really made the Celtics team last year.

We have a great shooting gaurd in Steve Smith. He knows how to win. He knows how to take control, and he also loves Atlanta and its team. He can be the biggest threat from three point land when open, and will bury the open jumper. Did I mention he can handle the ball and play defense?

The way I see it, is we get these guys. Let Terry do what Terry is going to do. If we resign him... fine. If not... fine. Sign Dermarr for next to nothing and see if he develops (take out some insurance in case his neck pops). Let Dickau get some experience under the tuteledge of Kenny Anderson. Let Dermarr get some under Smith.

Forget the trades. Unless it involves shipping Terry or Robinson out. Get these guys in the Red unis in the offseason, and pray for a top three pick!

I think we would have a killer first unit, and our backups might not be so bad either. Without making any trades and not resigning Terry... this is what we look like.

PG - Kenny Anderson/ Mike Wilks / Dan Dickau

SG - Steve Smith / Dermarr Johnson / Emanuel Davis

PF - Shareef Abdur-Rahim/ Alan Henderson

SF - Glenn Robinson / Darvin Ham / Ira Newble

C - Theo Ratliff / Nazr Muhammad

I would waive Ira Newble, because he is a bum. I know Ham isn't as talented and makes dumb mistakes... but he hustles TEN times harder than Newble.

What do you guys think?

Play.

• Premium Member

Why pickup Anderson if he doesn't play beside Terry? Smith is going to be a backup from this point on out...and that's o.k., b/c a perimeter shooter from off the bench would be a big help to the Hawks...

The problem will be $$$...too many big contracts on the books, and one will have to go - and I'm hoping it's Big Og.

BTW, I believe Jon Barry will be a FA, and he would be another possible SG...

He gets 23 mpg for a playoff bound team right now.

Look. It's not like he's going to be looking for a multi year, max level deal. He'll be cheap and will bring know how to this team.

Kenny Anderson has already said that he's made enough money, and that he just wants to end his career in Atlanta and help get the team back on track.

Personaly, I think Anderson and Smith would be tremendous assets to a team that has young guards like Dickau and Johnson (hopefully).

KB21,

I agree whole-heartedly.

Who is going to play harder than two guys that WANT to finish in Atlanta and WANT Atlanta to do well?

I say send Terry packing while we can get something for him. Send Robinson packing for a decent ball handler/rebounder, because he is selfish. Throw Stotts a pick slip, because he is a bum.

Keep Theo & Reef.

Sign Anderson. Sign Smith. Sign Van Gundy. Hope for a top three draft pick pick (maybe even #1).

Play.

Ira makes his shots, Ham does not. Ira defends as well as HAm, if not better. Ham is a bully on defense and that is all. Ham does not have half the game Ira has. If anyone has to go and I think they both at some point should go for a legimate 2, it should be Ham. I really don't see what the coach sees in Ham, except for old times sake. What have you seen Ham do, except a couple of lucky take aways, etc.?

What kind of D is smitty going to play at this stage of his career? He could replace JT's shooting, but he cannot provide the D that Ira provides. Ham is just a ham. I could care less what happens to him. I am amazed that coach Stott keeps putting him in the game so much. Dickau is not quite ready, Wilks is almost the same type Pg JT is, minus the shooting. I think we will have to go farther than what you propose. Maybe, there just aren't any easy answers. PEACE.