• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

No More Excuses for these Hawks

jaywalker72

WARNING! The following contains frank discussion about the Atlanta Hawks. Anyone who has a weak stomach or still harbors apologies or excuses for the Hawks this season must beware. The opinions of this column do not necessarily match those of RealGM......or maybe they might.

No more.

At the beginning of the season, there was every reason to believe that this team could have been one of the Hawks best ever.

No more.

They have been given a free pass, hoping a coaching change could shake some of the bad habits that have dogged this team throughout the first half of the season.

No more.

This writer has given every ounce of his emotion to the Atlanta Hawks, sacrificing voice, time, and heart to a team that he truly has believed to be a good team.

No more.

This writer has steadfastly held to the fact that this Hawks team was talented enough to win, and win often enough to challenge for a home court in the Eastern Conference playoffs.

No more.

This writer has had enough.

Read the entire article/scathing:

http://hawks.realgm.com/index.php

than those guys do and that's sad. I have NEVER been as down on this franchise as I am right now. I didn't think this team could do ANYTHING to make me not care but I am VERY close to reaching that point. If they don't care, and their pathetic effort indicates that they clearly don't, why should I?

I have spent a lot of time and money rooting for these guys and a lot more time defending them to most of the rest of this city. Well no more. To [censored] with all of them. I'll still go to games and cheer for them (at least the games in my 15 game package) but if they lose, oh well. My heart and soul won't be in it any more until they make some DRASTIC changes and that DEFINITELY starts with Pete. If Stan were doing his job, friendship or no friendship, Pete would be out of here tomorrow. We need someone in here with a plan because whatever plan Pete might have had clearly did not work.

As for the players, there is not a single guy on the roster who I would hesitate to trade in the right deal. Not one! The sad part is that several of the guys could be productive players in the right situation. This group simply does not mix and no amount of coaching is going to change that.

The bottom line is that I agree with KB. Blow it up and start over!

This is what you said in your post.

"If they don't care, and their pathetic effort indicates that they clearly don't, why should I?"

You know what I think of that, it is absolutely marvelous. Just loved it. We should email this to Pete and Stan and their pathetic franchise, yes pathetic. It is disgusting, absolutely disgusting that a team like the Knicks and Bulls go into the Phil and run us over like dogs.

Very rare times you see say negative things about The Hawks. Lask week or so I have been. But, this pask weekend I snapped, really snapped, I had it with this team. We can put the best 12 players from this board together and show more heart, pride and effort than these guys. Yes we will probably get blowned out, but we gave it all. Is truly pathetic. What hurts me more was those $ 180.00 dollars I spent to watch this. I earned this money everyday working hard and giving it all I have at work and I basically just threw my money away.

That phrase......sentence above Traceman, should be highlighted in this forum and show the kind of support that these players truly deserve. I love that line and if chillzatl or kudzu can PLEASE put that phrase somewhere in this forum where all visitors can see it and show how we really feel about this team and hopefully the players sneak in here and see the same phrase. That phrase needs to be noticed one way or another by a Hawks official.

Another thing I like to add was, that I was very glad for this Bulls team when they started making their run and were up by 8 with like 2 mins left, WHY ? because this team plays hard every night, night in and night out.......yes they have a poor record but what counts is that they give it all. They give effort out on the floor.