• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Vick Trade

scottt

I just heard on Around the Horn on ESPN that "the deal being discussed" is Vick to Oakland for the first pick, Randy Moss and Jerry Porter. Where did this come from? Has anyone else heard this? The rumor sounds like crap to me, but I would make the deal if it were presented.

Trading Vick before June 1, 2007 would trigger a mind-numbing cap charge of $22.25 million. The dead money, factoring in the $6 million salary Vick wouldn't be paid in 2007, would be $16.25 million.

However, if the Falcons were to make the move after June 1, the cap charge for 2007 would drop to $7.57 million, with a net hit of $1.57 million. The transaction would actually create $6 million in 2007 cap space.

The problem would arise in 2008, when the Falcons would be hit with $14.68 million in cap charges. The dead money, based on a Vick's salary of $7.5 million, would be $7.18 million.

Still, if the salary cap gets to $115 million by 2008, the dead money would be roughly six percent of the team's available player payroll for the season. And by 2009, he'd be completely off of the books.

So if Vick wants out, and if the team is willing to let him out, a trade would be feasible after June 1.

Quote:

It would definately be to our advantage to do it after June, but you'd think that anyone interested would want to consumate the deal before then to get him into camp. We cold get a couple really good players if we made a deal.

the only reason i dislike Vick to an extent is that he has become this larger than life figure inside his own head.

Ultimately it's Arthur Blank's fault for being the enabler.

I think Vick will do just fine next year under Petrino. Vick was a better passer under Reeves than Knapp which is absurd.

Vick throws a pretty deep ball when it's a planned play as opposed to him flicking it on the run. if they can finally install that vertical passing attack like the Falcons had with Chandler to Martin it will make Vick unstopable when you consider his running ability against a pair of safeties playing deep.

i just hope Vick will grow up.

Petrino needs to get in Vick's ear when he makes a mistake (like Sean Payton) unlike Mora who would just kiss him on the helmet. In ways I do believe Vick has got caught up in his on hype to much. I equate it to what I call the model/celeb syndrome (where a model will hear there beautiful so many times it gets to their head, or an actor or athlete hears there so great that the person can get to high on themselves). Let me tell you about one thing I noticed that I didn't like before the Detroit game. On the radio before the game there was a report they do with Vick before the game and the reporter just stroked his ego so much that at time I was yelling no at the radio. He was saying how he got a chance to hang with Michael Jordan at some event and the reporter said " I guess greatness hangs with greatness", and the whole time I was thinking I hope that doesn’t go to his head ( I mean after he had the 2 good games). All in all I think Vick won't be traded and Schaub will be traded to Cleveland (if they win the toss for the 3rd pick) since Schaub is from Ohio, (my brother works with his dad). IMO Vick's going to be fine he (and the whole team) just needs the proper direction and discipline from the coaches not some ammonia sniffing, helmet kissing, guy who wouldn't fire his BFF unlike Billick.

Quote:

...I think Vick will do just fine next year under Petrino. Vick was a better passer under Reeves than Knapp which is absurd.

Vick throws a pretty deep ball when it's a planned play as opposed to him flicking it on the run. if they can finally install that vertical passing attack like the Falcons had with Chandler to Martin it will make Vick unstopable when you consider his running ability against a pair of safeties playing deep...

This has always been the part that AMAZES me. The West coast offense is the worst thing that could have been done to MV. The vertical (D. Lamonica - mad bomber) approach is the obvious way to go. He has an awesome arm for the deep balls - but hasn't developed the short passing game (plus has trouble seeing over the line on short drops).

Send the receivers deep a lot and therefore drive their safeties back - then when MV does get loose he'll go further. Supplement with a solid running game and the occasional screen pass or delay across the middle to Alge...spread the field... and the offense should be fine.

Surpisingly...with our draft picks of taller receivers and other acquisitions, it looked to me like McKay was drafting for that type of offense while Mora was coaching another?

I'm not a huge MV fan - but I am very glad Mora is gone.

If we could do that deal I say go for it. Wiht the #1 we draft Joe Thomas and at 10 we get Laron Landry if Branch is gone. I wouldnt be upset with another trade down out of the #1 to pick up Branch and more picks. I hate to lose Vick but as I have siad before I think it is the best move for the franchise in the long run. However, if the browns are to give us the #3 pick for Shaub I would have to seriously consider that move as well.

Quote:

Quote:

...I think Vick will do just fine next year under Petrino. Vick was a better passer under Reeves than Knapp which is absurd.

Vick throws a pretty deep ball when it's a planned play as opposed to him flicking it on the run. if they can finally install that vertical passing attack like the Falcons had with Chandler to Martin it will make Vick unstopable when you consider his running ability against a pair of safeties playing deep...

This has always been the part that AMAZES me. The West coast offense is the worst thing that could have been done to MV. The vertical (D. Lamonica - mad bomber) approach is the obvious way to go. He has an awesome arm for the deep balls - but hasn't developed the short passing game (plus has trouble seeing over the line on short drops).

Send the receivers deep a lot and therefore drive their safeties back - then when MV does get loose he'll go further. Supplement with a solid running game and the occasional screen pass or delay across the middle to Alge...spread the field... and the offense should be fine.

Surpisingly...with our draft picks of taller receivers and other acquisitions, it looked to me like McKay was drafting for that type of offense while Mora was coaching another?

I'm not a huge MV fan - but I am very glad Mora is gone.

i never put 2 and 2 together on why Vick doesn't bust the long ones anymore. he hasn't since Knapp has been around.

remember the Vikings game when he busted that long one in OT? that's part of his game that's been missing.

Quote:

Maybe with Mora gone we will see if Vick was a coach killer or coach was a QB killer.

You can look at his first season as a starter to see the answer to that.

Or you could just wait to watch him have a career year now that he's back in the Vertical offense with more experience in the league and an improved supporting cast.