Pheonix troll

gsuteke

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Premium Member

I was just thinking the same thing honestly. The fact that idiot is allowed to still post here is insulting to the members of this community. Why hasn't he been banned? I'll donate twenty bucks just to see our mods take action against an obvious troll like that guy.

Quote:

The fact that idiot is allowed to still post here is insulting to the members of this community.

This is the crux of your post. I feel a little bit insulted when I see Hawks fans banned for breaking the CoC but nothing done about the baiting Suns fan.

That said, I'm sure that kudzu23/etc have a good reason for it, and I'd love to hear it, and I will continue supporting HS in any way I can.

• Premium Member

I'd love to hear the reason why that troll is still allowed to post here when the only reason he comes by here is to taunt the suffering fans of this team.

If they took action against him and banned him I would donate twenty bucks through paypal. No joke.

Quote:

I'd love to hear the reason why that troll is still allowed to post here when the only reason he comes by here is to taunt the suffering fans of this team.

If they took action against him and banned him I would donate twenty bucks through paypal. No joke.

I think if you have $20 to spend, you should donate it regardless, with no demands made of the moderators! smile.gif

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

I think if you have $20 to spend, you should donate it regardless, with no demands made of the moderators! smile.gif

I don't want to offend anyone but if an obvious troll is left free to post whenever he wants and nothing is done to stop him then I have to question how effective the admins are. No offense to anyone. It would then make me wonder if donating to the site would in effect be empowering people who don't take action to protect the community. Banning the only obvious troll on this site would show they are active and care enough to protect the community from idiots like that guy.

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

The fact that idiot is allowed to still post here is insulting to the members of this community.

This is the crux of your post. I feel a little bit insulted when I see Hawks fans banned for breaking the CoC but nothing done about the baiting Suns fan.

That said, I'm sure that kudzu23/etc have a good reason for it, and I'd love to hear it, and I will continue supporting HS in any way I can.

Agreed. I love the Squawk but have a major problem with this and will continue reporting his trolling posts and asking for his ban.

We have hawksquawk members that often to go to other team's websites and then return to brag about their adventures (Diesel, GSUteke). Isn't this precisely what you guys are lobbying against.

We have other members who root for just one player, particularly some of our international interests. We've had player fans that came and went with a player (Antione Walker, Hanno Mattola). We've had fans from other teams when rumors are floating about.

While Sun's fan is particularly caustic I don't see a problem with him here that our own members don't cause elsewhere. I may have responded to him once or twice in the distant past but simply don't anymore. However, he has a vested interest in our failure within limits (not top 3, of course) and BK gave him reason to have that. It seems both hypocritical, out of principle, and frankly weak that censorship is the only way we as hawk fans see us having peace. We shouldn't have to insulate ourselves and if we do then that says more about our franchise and poor constitution as fans than anything Suns' fan or any other person can say about the Hawks or its fans.

• Moderators

Quote:

We have hawksquawk members that often to go to other team's websites and then return to brag about their adventures (Diesel, GSUteke). Isn't this precisely what you guys are lobbying against.

We have other members who root for just one player, particularly some of our international interests. We've had player fans that came and went with a player (Antione Walker, Hanno Mattola). We've had fans from other teams when rumors are floating about.

While Sun's fan is particularly caustic I don't see a problem with him here that our own members don't cause elsewhere. I may have responded to him once or twice in the distant past but simply don't anymore. However, he has a vested interest in our failure within limits (not top 3, of course) and BK gave him reason to have that. It seems both hypocritical, out of principle, and frankly weak that censorship is the only way we as hawk fans see us having peace. We shouldn't have to insulate ourselves and if we do then that says more about our franchise and poor constitution as fans than anything Suns' fan or any other person can say about the Hawks or its fans.

If anyone from this site went to another site and spammed like this I would expect them to be banned. I moderate on another forum and would ban someone who spammed like this. I don't expect any kind of treatment for this troll than I would expect for HS members if they engaged in the same behavior on other sites. In fact, I think such bans are pretty common.

I must add my 2 cents in to defend the Admin. We have readers that are not registered to Hawksquawk reading all day. They contribute not even a comment. We have people posting non stop with thousands of post. We have admin that have a job of their own. They have volunteered to be of service so that we as fans, those that are trolls, and people that are just interested in seeing what’s going on have a place to visit. If all the admin are asking is for them not to have to come out of their pockets in addition to their time then, I feel there should be no questions asked. Money should pour in. Especially for those with upwards of 3 and 4 thousand post. This is our home and a little maint. is expected. And we should all help out. With that said; I am going to give my $20 right now.

• Premium Member

I'll donate it if they ban the troll. I don't think its asking too much to see the admins/mods of this site police it. AHF said it best: this joker would be banned anywhere else for what he does. Why is it tolerated by the admins/mods here? How many times does this troll get to come in here and insult the fans here before something is done?

I am not calling anyone out or attacking the admins here but I think its past time some action is taken against the only regular troll this site has. Or at the very least please explain to us why no action is taken.

• Premium Member

I don't see how its improper to ask why site admins don't monitor their own boards. I have been an IRC and forum mod since 1998 at other sites and this guy would have been warned and then banned if he kept doing what he does. Exodus got banned for what, one thread? And this troll is allowed to come back time and time again? Er...ok?

I'm not trying to put anyone in a spot but since you brought it up I'm just asking for some kind of official response here. If they don't want to ban the guy, ok, but why?

• Moderators

Quote:

I used the peckerhead suns troll as a medium.

*ringin salvation army bell*

I do have an issue with the Phoenix troll, as I have stated in the past, and I will keep bringing it up but ultimately the admins can do what they want and this is a great site so kudos to gsuteke for starting this thread to give them some support (even if the thread title sent the thread a bit awry).