• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Pheonix troll

gsuteke

Quote:

Quote:

If that's the case, why do we ban anyone for rude conduct?

Now that's funny. If you banned everyone that was rude there would be no Squawkers. I'm just saying at a base level it is un-American. Unfortunately, the real world is a lot like this board. If a MOB doesn't like you... we all know what happens. I don't know this dude or his history but I really don't see what's wrong.

P.S. Most problems on this board arise from personal dishonesty to a situation(which derives from ego), long standing feuds and a total lack of reading comprehension from many.

My point is that if we must avoid censorship (i.e. banning a troll) because it is crucial to the upholding of our values as a free democracy, shouldn't that extend to the people who have already been banned here for starting flamethreads about religion, racism, etc? That's 'free speech' too!

My rhetorical point is that it would be silly to allow all of that. Just like it's silly to allow someone who cheers our injuries.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

So nothing wrong with opening cheering the injuries of Hawks' players?

Anything short of death to an opponent will make me happier as a Hawks fan. I'm just being serious. If we were in a playoff chase and were down 1 game to Miami and had to beat them, wouldn't you be happy if Wade or Shaq got hurt? Of course you would.

Having said that, I don't want anyone playing the Hawks to get hurt. That would be a shame.

Quote:

My rhetorical point is that it would be silly to allow all of that. Just like it's silly to allow someone who cheers our injuries.

I think you're being a Hawks fan here. That's ok.

I've only read a few of his posts but I think it's fun. This is a sports message board. I think we're all just mad because we're not winning...anytime soon

mad.gif

Again, and you know this, reading comprehension is the main problem around here.

Quote:

Quote:

I think you're being a Hawks fan here. That's ok.

I've only read a few of his posts but I think it's fun. This is a sports message board. I think we're all just mad because we're not winning...anytime soon

mad.gif

Again, and you know this, reading comprehension is the main problem around here.

I'm not mad because we're not winning. I'm disgusted with someone who would cheer our players' injuries and do not think such a person should be allowed on the essential messageboard for fans of the Atlanta Hawks. That is a very simple point of view to understand, and there's not much to misinterpret there. Reading comprehension doesn't play a role at all.

Quote:

Anything short of death to an opponent will make me happier as a Hawks fan. I'm just being serious. If we were in a playoff chase and were down 1 game to Miami and had to beat them, wouldn't you be happy if Wade or Shaq got hurt? Of course you would.

Followup question: if you went on a Miami Heat messageboard and posted "WADE IS HURT!! HELLZ YEAH!" would you expect to be banned? If not, why not? And if so, do you think it would be a reasonable decision by the board's moderators?

I don't see why you're being so obtuse here.

I was not implying you could not read. Please don't get that wrong. You are probably one of the smartest posters on this board. One of the reasons I come here really. I guess I would expect to get banned? I don't know. I'm new to all of this. I'm a big Hawks fan. I'm just not a fan of slippery slopes. Where do you draw the line? How many people have to complain? What kind of remarks are offensive? This is a sports message board after all. Those are the kind of questions I'm talking about. Without answering those?

You didn't answer the question. Would you be happy? You know you would. wink.gif

Quote:

I was not implying you could not read. Please don't get that wrong. You are probably one of the smartest posters on this board. One of the reasons I come here really. I guess I would expect to get banned? I don't know. I'm new to all of this. I'm a big Hawks fan. I'm just not a fan of slippery slopes. Where do you draw the line? How many people have to complain? What kind of remarks are offensive? This is a sports message board after all. Those are the kind of questions I'm talking about. Without answering those?

You didn't answer the question. Would you be happy? You know you would.
wink.gif

Yep, and I'd probably feel guilty about it. smile.gif

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

Followup question: if you went on a Miami Heat messageboard and posted "WADE IS HURT!! HELLZ YEAH!" would you expect to be banned? If not, why not? And if so, do you think it would be a reasonable decision by the board's moderators?

I don't see why you're being so obtuse here.

This is the question. Who cares if I would happy if a Miami Heat player got hurt? I could post on a Hawks board all day about being happy about it. The question is whether you should be banned if you go on a Heat board and post "WADE IS HURT!! HELLZ YEAH!" like Dr. Z said. Whether a Sun fan should be allowed to cheer our players' injuries on this board is the question, not whether a Sun fan should theoretically be happy or not if JJ gets cancer or breaks his leg and can't play the rest of the season.