• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

PETE'S RESPONSE TO MY EMAIL

ATL_BALLER

From Pete (he got back to me in an hour!)....Nothing really new here--let's just hope he pulls off a miracle deal for a star...

Thank you for your comments....we work everyday to try an acquire a true star player.....the problem is that there are only a finite number of real stars who make the NBA go......and the teams who have them won't trade them away. But, we keep pursuing them anyway. The only way to get a real star is to win the lottery or get lucky and be in the top three in the draft.....the vast majority of stars were drafted in the top three and stay with their respective teams throughout their careers. We all recognize the need we have to draw fans....even with Nique on our team, we did not sell out regularly. Thanks again for your support and we will keep working at getting a star until we have success.

I do feel bad for Pete. Although his drafting strategy has been inadequate, I think he has made some very solid trades (steals even--Rumeal for Mookie, Willis for Smitty, Mookie for Terry, Webb/Corbin for Laettner, etc.).

Don't get me wrong--I think we need some fresh philosphy in the front office--but he is a nice guy who tries hard.