• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Excited about last nights win? Don't be...

chillzatl

• Admin

Last nights game against the Kings was MEANINGLESS. Tonight is the real test! We've seen these Hawks get up to play a good and win or come [censored] close to winning. Only to be let down the following night/game when they get blown out by a garbage team. Tonight we go to Cleveland riding high on the hog after beating the best team in the league. Anyone want to take bets oh us getting embarassed tonight?

I hate sound so pessimistic but we've seen this before. Did they use up all their heart last night? Stay tuned!

I'm tempering my enthusiasm, we've been here before. Though I have noticed a few things since the Portland game. Our frontline has stepped up their toughness to almost WNBA level. Reef and Nazr especially seem to be more determined to not give their ground. The backcourt has been playing smarter. JT and GRob are taking better care of the ball, and I think maybe Dion being a true guard (as opposed to a SF convert) might have just enough handling ability to take just enough of the pressure off of JT and Dog. The bench has finally come to life and seem to be working as a team rather than a bunch of individuals. Granted this has only been over the course of 6 quarters and two overtimes, still I have to hope that maybe the tide has turned and maybe finally the players are gelling together. Tonight will be the measuring stick, not playing down to the competition and not getting beat out by scrappers will be the keys, even if/when the defense collapses and the offense stagnates.