• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Why Didn't we Draft Smush Parker?

ATLien_

I have been watching his stats in the box scores all year because I figured we would draft him and he seems to have big games every now and then. Now I see him in person and he drops 17pts 3 assist and no 0 To's on us and hits 2 big 3's in overtime. He is only averaging about 15 MPG but the Cavs are NO 1 in TO per 48 mins at 6.18 a game and their the yougest team in the NBA. Big Dogg can turn the ball over 6 time by himself without the teams help. How could the hawks miss the boat on this guy? I remember before the draft a lot of scouts saying they like this kid and see potential in him. He has already proved more to me then any other guard short of JT on our team. He proved he can actually hit jumpers and that he can handle the ball. And if I am not mistaken he went in the second round. Also he is 6-4 and probably could of been paired with Jt. Even though I think Jt is perfectly good PG, I see it as an injustice to put him there with this team, because he has no help.

Yet people on this board tell me I should get excited about the future because of Dan Dickau's 4 pts and 3 assist and 3 to's he may get on a given night. While second round and NBDL players out play him. I may watch another good player like JT slip away for peanuts all because we have a team soft as Richard Simmons. We got people saying JT for Anderson is a good trade? Anderson and at least Randolf would probably convince me.

I don't know its a scary time to be a hawks fan right now. Babcock scares me because he is backed into a corner and now he is about to lash out. I hope it's not with a stupid trade. I think we are about to trade for a PG because the propaganda has already started from Mike Glenn. Even when JT is looking very good at the PG position, if one play goes wrong Glenn says thats when you need a traditional PG or something to that affect. Or when the team is not scoring he says we need a PG to free JT up. The reason I know the trade is coming is because Glenn didn't start saying these things until about 6 or 7 games ago.

If we trade JT and don't get something good back I think that may be the last straw for me.

Signed: Sleepless in the ATL

Parker went undrafted and made the Cavs based on his summer league performance.

He was one of two players that everyone thought the Hawks would go after. The other was Tito Maddux.

I think this shows the Hawks lack of vision more than anything. They knew they were going into the season with JT as the point guard, and they had to know that they needed a ball handler with some size to play next to him. They didn't do it though.