• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Dwight Howard

BobWeiss

I agree that Charlotte doesnt have much talent now. They are better coached than us is about it.

I also agree that Dwight Howard may force his way back to Atlanta. It was one of his goals as a high schooler and he's already a superstar and can demand pretty much whatever he wants. Actually he'd make more money if he eventually gets back to a bigger city just due to exposure, especially if he decided to go to LA or NY. But it's probably just a dream.

Quote:

And, honestly, Orlando is a better city than Atlanta. (Sorry, guys). It's not that far from his family, and he's already established roots there.

He's not coming to Atlanta. Let's move on.

Are you kidding me? Orlando looks like a village compared to Atlanta. Have you ever been to Orlando?

Atlanta is the best; tried Chicago for 9 months and had to come back

My wife and her sis have lived in a half dozen states from texas to california along with Taiwan and Atlanta is their favorite place they've lived in so far as well.

Maybe u'd have to live here for a bit to appreciate it more rather than just visit.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Maybe u'd have to live here for a bit to appreciate it more rather than just visit.

Nah, I'll pass on the big city life. russian.gif

We've got all the "culture" drink.gif and "night life" drummer.gif in the little mountain town of Asheville that I could every want, and I like the fact there are no more than 10 people who could hear me scream at the top of my lungs from my front porch.

woohoo.gif

• Premium Member

Quote:

asheville is a nice town

btw, u don't have to live in downtown Atlanta; it is a VERY sprawled city, so you can live in Atlanta without feeling like you are in a huge city

I hate sprawl, too. I have a friend in southwest NC (out near Graymule, no doubt) who knows people who commute 2.0 hours to Atlanta each day. I would actually prefer downtown to the suburbs. (I'm an either/or kind of guy; either you live in the city proper, or you live in the boonies).

I'm giving some thought to UGA for a PhD. That's what, ~1 - 1.5 hours from downtown Atlanta?

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

asheville is a nice town

btw, u don't have to live in downtown Atlanta; it is a VERY sprawled city, so you can live in Atlanta without feeling like you are in a huge city

I hate sprawl, too. I have a friend in southwest NC (out near Graymule, no doubt) who knows people who commute 2.0 hours to Atlanta each day.

I'm giving some thought to UGA for a PhD. That's what, ~1 - 1.5 hours from downtown Atlanta?

That is a pretty good estimate. I would definitely live in Athens if you are going to go for a PhD at UGA -- especially if you like smaller towns.

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

id say closer to 2 hours.

Yeah, it depends on what time of year and time of day you are driving. I commuted from Athens into downtown Atlanta for a summer and it took about 1.5 hours each way.