• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

These Meaningless Wins are going to Screw Lottery

thescout5

Well here we go again another year and the Hawks are winning meaningless games killing there chances at a true superstar(Durant,Oden) and to build a team that can win a championship. Philly is winning or won tonight but watch the other teams tank to get the most ping pong balls to help there future greatly.

We all know this is a great draft and having ping pong balls is going to be huge in determining the draft order.Wasn't it a few years ago the hawks got Sura to win meaningless games and are doing the same thing this year. Beating washington a team playing well this year is great but it only happens once in a blue moon. You have to beat the better teams consistently to show your improvement not once in a while especially blowing there chances at a franchise player.The Hawks are not going to get a big man in free agency or a trade face it. The draft is the only way to add the missing pieces yet the Hawks instead of tanking are falling into winning just enough to screw there chances at a future most teams would envy.

Othere bad teams won't admit it but tanking is what there playing for not winning meaningless games. I would hate to see whoever gets Oden or Durant in a few years at the top of the conference and the Hawks still can't fight there way out of a paper bag.

Quote:

i don't know what you are saying but that was a great win. i'll take that over a ping pong ball anyday of the week.

You are 100% correct. I'd rather have Bobby Sura and a couple of extra wins than having Dwight Howard or Okafor right now.

just like i said, i root for the hawks, not okafor, not dwight, not durant, not even oden. it would have been good to have them but i'm not going to comprimise the spirit of the game to get them. if you want to lose, then you shouldn't play at all. that's the first rule of sports, you play to win the game.

What are the Hawks playing for pride,being professionals and showing that they can win? mad.gifThey should have done this half way through the season not with 20 so games left.It takes strategy to build a powerhouse team of the future.Do we really expect this current team to contend for a championship in the next 5 yrs? Every now and then your going to win against teams that are decent or good but it just isn't enough. Missing the playoffs, blowing lottery chances and what did the Hawks accomplish this year? Another lackluster year AND EVEN LESS HOPE FOR THE FUTURE because you couldn't lose enough when it counted.

I hater to be the barer of bad news but those extra ping pong balls may also cost the Hawks there no1 pick so another futile season is wasted and we have nothign to look forward to in ways of bigs.BAD TEAMS THAT KNOW HOW TO TANK WILL BE GOOD MUCH FASTER THAN THE HAWKS A TEAM THAT DOESN'T KNOW HOW TO LOSE WHEN IT COUNTS. russian.gif

Relax. We weren't going to lose out for the season. Besides, Philly won tonight, the Bucks won tonight, the Bobcats currently have a 2 point lead over the Suns with about 8+ mins left in the 4th. The Celtics and Grizzlies lost but it's going to take a big turn around by those two teams for us to 'pass' them.

So we had a chance to move to the #3 spot by ourselves, but this win didn't really hurt us. Add to that Indiana is continuing their free fall setting us up with a very good pick from them. This win by us really doesn't hurt all too much.

Well Charlotte pulled off another loss and have a one game lead on the Hawks and the 3 other potential tankers for the 3rd position. Any type of winning streak is going to cost the team a potential franchise player. I bet Jordan is hoping he lands Durant or Oden and having a front court of Okafur,Oden and Morrison with Vince Carter to be added later. This is not good win a competitor in your own division will get much stronger. These small victories now are going to cost the Hawks big time for there future.

Quote:

Without AJ's big night, we never would have won this game. That AJ trade might really , really hurt us. That one game is going to be hard to make up on Charlotte, and it's all due to AJ.

I would think you would be an AJ fan since the Hawks had lost 6 straight games after he got here.

I agree where was AJ at 10 games ago maybe then I would have said lets try to make the playoffs but right now the season is a wash and this reminds me of the Bobby Sura trade all over again just putting the Hawks out of position to get a franchise player that would put them in the elite of the NBA. Instead we are stuck with mediocrity because of AJ or even Sura.Let me see would you take Howard or Sura or AJ or Oden'Durant as the building blocks to a championship.

Smart organizations lose at the proper time dumb organization win meaningless games at the end to further there development and remain in mediocrity for years and years. If the Hawks don't get Durant or Oden then I would throw the house at a guy like Hibbard in a trade. I think Hibbard will go up the draft board because of size. I don't care at this point the Hawks have a bunch of role players out of position or to much at one position. Its time to get rid of the excess and field a real complete team.trade Childress,Marvin and the Indy pick just get a big in here that can rebound and block shots.

The AJ trade also cost us caproom for next year. By the way, the coming offseason is one of the best in recent history for FA's.

Also, having caproom helps in trades with teams like Memphis who are trying to dump salary.

Either way you slice it, caproom is a valuable commodity that should not be pissed away on mediocre players who cause you to win 1-2 games that put a franchise player out of reach.

I feel dirty just talking about this trade now.