• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Damn...Joe probly out for rest of year! AJC*

dawgingermany

Quote:

Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For so long you have railed against its mere possibility in the hope of appearing valiant and loyal.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Show me a few examples of this within the past month.

*crickets*

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

I have never complained about getting arguments. I only complain about attacks.

I feel silly trying to explain this but i will try anyway.

If you go on to a fan site of any team and create thread after thread trying to promote losing intentionally, there is a high probability (I know how much you love those words) that you will receive some personal attacks. Therefore if you continue to create those threads you shouldn't complain about the attacks. That is like putting your hand in a fire and complaining about the fire burning you.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Exodus, if you don't view this as a stroke of good fortune for our lowly Hawks, I must question not only your fandom, but your ability to reason.

You're a smart guy, CBA, but with this comment, you just found my ignore list.

If Joe Johnson were seriously injured, I would be horrified. If he had torn a ligament or broken a bone, that would be terrible.

HOWEVER, if he has an injury that keeps him out for 3-4 weeks....that is NOT a serious injury. If I have some bad information, and it's actually more serious, then that's terrible.

I would never wish an injury upon JJ, but now that it has happened, and it is a MINOR ONE, we may look back and see it was for the best.

Any San Antonio fan that says they aren't happy D. Robinson had a injury (which was MUCH more serious) is FULL OF CRAP and quite SICK.

Becoming a contender in the NBA takes some luck. Sometimes what seems poor fortune will be your big break.

Quote:

...Joe Johnson is the best thing to happen to the Hawks since Dominique Wilkins and people are happy he may be seriously hurt????

Well I'm certainly not happy when anybody gets hurt...and I don't think it can be that bad since JJ stayed in the game that night.

It's a perfect opportunity to keep him out the rest of the season. Even if it's not a "tanking" move - it sure as heck will let us see how our other guys can do with more PT and touches/fg attempts.

The one problem with "reducing JJ's minutes" would have been that from JJ's point of view - it sucks. His PPG and other stats would all go down. These guys (and their agents) pay close attention to that stuff. This solves both problems and JJ can rest up.

Quote:

If good fortune ever does smile on this franchise, you will not be deserving of it. For so long you have railed against its mere possibility in the hope of appearing valiant and loyal.

you say some pretty stupid stuff man....i understand if you want to be pro-tanking and all but i think you're going just a WEEEE bit overboard.

dissing folks cuz they're rooting for their team to win and for their players to be healthy...WOW.

• Moderators

Quote:

What childish tactics.

I like you, CBAreject, but with all the insults that have been hurled lately this is a bit of the pot calling the kettle black. I think you can make your arguments much more effectively without calling people stupid, questioning their ability to reason, question their fandom, etc. When people like mr. honline are tuning you out because of these comments you know you are going too far with it, IMO.

Although Joe being out does increase our odds of keeping our pick, I bet the happiest people to here about this are Phoenix fans. They'll probably get around the 5th pick whereas a few weeks ago it looked like it might be around 10th.

Who knows - we may go on a winning streak! Granted the Wizards stunk last night and spent a lot of possessions being selfish and going for poster shots (that's why I'm especially glad we beat them) - but we could get MW back and get hot and win some games now.

Zaza will certainly work his rear end off cause he doesn't wanna see Oden in Atlanta. What did he have last night...27/12 or so?

Quote:

And the way Zaza looked last night we may be OK with a front line of:

J-Smoove

K-Dog

Big-Z

(gotta get a better nickname for Zaza)
tongue.gif

That is why when people rag so much on Zaza, I say that he is still young and learning. If we drafted Zaza out of college, we'd be all saying that he was an up and coming.

• Moderators

K-Dog? Ugh. Could nicknames be more generic and uninteresting right now?

What happened to nicknames like the Iceman and Chocolate Thunder? No everything is K-Dog, J-Will, etc. Use some imagination guys!

Quote:

What happened to nicknames like the Iceman and Chocolate Thunder? No everything is K-Dog, J-Will, etc. Use some imagination guys!

Is that the geezer alarm i hear going off in the distance? LOL

Last night it was ringing loudly in my bedroom when i pulled a muscle in my chest from sneezing. Sigh

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

Last night it was ringing loudly in my bedroom when i pulled a muscle in my chest from sneezing. Sigh

Just imagine the difference between the following:

The Splended Splinter vs. T-Will

Crazy Legs - E-Hir

Charlie Hustle - P-Rose

Magic - E-John

The Great One - G-Dog

Sweetness - W-Pay

etc.

Is a "modern" version better than any of those "geezer" nicknames?

I would be pissed if I was someone with talent like Dwayne Wade and my nickname was D-Wade. At least "Flash" is a ton better than that.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Crazy Legs - E-Hir

Charlie Hustle - P-Rose

Magic - E-John

The Great One - G-Dog

Sweetness - W-Pay

etc.

I would be pissed if I was someone with talent like Dwayne Wade and my nickname was D-Wade. At least "Flash" is a ton better than that.

WPay lol sounds like an internet billing service.

The "modern" versions may have something to do with hip hop but i wouldn't really know.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Crazy Legs - E-Hir

Charlie Hustle - P-Rose

Magic - E-John

The Great One - G-Dog

Sweetness - W-Pay

etc.

Those are some great names! Most nicknames come from your youth, hometown, or media invention. Most of the ones you mention were by penned by sports writers I think. There has to be a confluence of events for a truly great nickname to occur.

The hyphen thing is hot right now. I feel you. About Magic - It could have been "Swervin Earvin" or something. Can you imagine?

Names I miss:

The Big Cat

The Crime Dog

The Hammer(I mean Jessie Tuggle)

The Lemmer

Mad Dog

Tree

Mookie

Deke

Smitty

I hate to say it...Jam!