• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

It's obvious, Joe should be our PG!

TroyMcClure

Quote:

Quote:

You know what folks - we gotta get usta this - JJ is a helluva shooting guard...period...exclamation point.

JJ isn't our saviour...did we overpay for him? yep. But we got him and he is VERY GOOD.

JJ is not overpaid, period. Who could we have used the cap on that was better? He is better than probably 3/4 of the players in the league with big contracts.

Diaw is still horrible and is still scared to shoot, on any other team besides PHX, or Dallas, or SA, he would go back to his Hawk days. THREE players put up career offensive numbers in PHX last year. Look what Tim Thomas did, and look at him now, Raja Bell is actually an offensive threat in their system. That's what a great offensive scheme and pg can do for a team.

Well I have this odd habit ...I look at wins vs loses.

Quote:

Well I have this odd habit ...I look at wins vs loses.

You mean like how Phoenix was winning 76% of their games before the trade and are now winning 77%, whereas we were winning 16% of our games without JJ but are now winning 39%? Yeah you're right he didn't help at all.

Quote:

Quote:

I do not think Smoove is an everyday 4. That makes him a 3.

You think wrong.

Quote:

I really, really like Marvin as a 2. His jumper has been looking lethal lately.

Please name the last 6'9 (in shoes) sg. Marvin will get blown by on defense, and won't be able to beat anyone off the dribble (not that he can anyway). Please quit trying to make up for BK's indefensible moves by playing players out of position.

Quote:

So, that leaves Joe at the point.

Joe can't/doesn't want to play PG. That experiment lasted all of 2 games last year. He wouldn't be an all-star right now had he played pg all year. He's nowhere near as effective as a pg, and he can't guard pg's, they will blow by him.

Quote:

Quote:

I do not think Smoove is an everyday 4. That makes him a 3.

You think wrong.

Why? Is 8 or 9 rebounds a game gonna be enough for our team leader? I think not. He is not and will not be big enough to muscle up properly on a nightly basis. I think it also hurts his creativity when he is in the paint on offense. He is a great entry passer.

Quote:

Please name the last 6'9 (in shoes) sg.

Kobe? I don't really see any difference between 6'8" and 6'9". What about Smitty. George Gervin. I'm not saying he will be a world beater. I'm saying he has a nice j and he, Joe and Smoove should be on our wings. Shelden needs to play. If he is ever going to be functional, he needs to play the 4 with regularity. I think Shelden could top 10 boards a game. We need a defensive minded, tough center with our team. Zaza is horrible on the defensive end. He is a backup and we need an upgrade.

Quote:

So, that leaves Joe at the point.

Joe can't/doesn't want to play PG. That experiment lasted all of 2 games last year. He wouldn't be an all-star right now had he played pg all year. He's nowhere near as effective as a pg, and he can't guard pg's, they will blow by him.

With a real coach and a TEAM defense approach you can get beaten off the dribble. You have to have an intimidator in the middle.(Remember Deke?) Personally, I think if one guy is trying to beat someone off the dribble, we are better off defensively. We have problems with multiple defensive rotations.

I am not saying Joe is the ultimate right option. I'm just saying I never want to see Speedy dribble a ball for us again. I could live without Lue as well.

Shell is not too small to play the 5 MOST nights. Smoove gives us the shot blocking presence, and Shell would be the great position defender we need down low.

The only nights he could not play there regularly are when we play Shaq and Yao.

Quote:

Shell is not too small to play the 5 MOST nights. Smoove gives us the shot blocking presence, and Shell would be the great position defender we need down low.

The only nights he could not play there regularly are when we play Shaq and Yao.

Smoove does his best blocking off the ball. He isn't the best at straight up defense in the paint. I think he would still get his blocks.

I think Shell can do what you say, but only as a 4. Shell and Smoove ain't gonna get it done. Too short.

Quote:

Why? Is 8 or 9 rebounds a game gonna be enough for our team leader? I think not. He is not and will not be big enough to muscle up properly on a nightly basis.

His rebounding has increased every season so far in the league. He has added 10 lbs of muscle the past 2 offseasons, he JUST turned 21 years old, yes he is/will be a good enough rebounder. He's already as big or bigger than K-Mart, or Amare, plus countless other PF's in the league. Plus, if Smith had been playing PF all season, he would average at least 9 boards a game.

Quote:

Kobe? I don't really see any difference between 6'8" and 6'9".

Kobe is 6'7 max. Plus Kobe can actually dribble the ball and has a great offensive game. Marvin can't dribble, can't post, and can't drive, he's a shooter right now. He is nowhere NEAR an sg.

Quote:

Shelden needs to play. If he is ever going to be functional, he needs to play the 4 with regularity.

So to accomidate Shelden (who we KNOW was a bad pick), we play our 3 best players out of position? Josh is already the better defender at the PF position. I WANT Josh to be in the paint more, especially on defense, because he's able to block/alter more shots.

Remember when Smith was playing SF for the 1st 2 seasons and the 1st 20 games this year? He was always getting beat off the dribble, and always left his man open for wide open shots because he was helping out in the middle. Him playing PF eliminates both, as well as makes him a mismatch for opposing PF's on the offensive end.

Why do you thik Smith is putting up the best numbers of his career right now? And when playing SF at the start of the season, he was HORRIBLE, and people were saying trade him and what not.

Quote:

Personally, I think if one guy is trying to beat someone off the dribble, we are better off defensively.

WHAT?!? Getting beat off the dribble is the SINGLE worst thing to happen when playing defense. Then someone either has to step up and leave their man open, or that player gets a wide open shot.

To answer your statement about Deke, where are we going to get a Deke? Unless we luck up and get the #1 pick, we aren't.

Quote:

I am not saying Joe is the ultimate right option. I'm just saying I never want to see Speedy dribble a ball for us again. I could live without Lue as well.

But Joe has already stated that he doesn't want to play PG, and he already has enough responsibility with this team, we don't need him to be the PG too. Plus he is more effective as an SG, and that's been proven. Fact is, we aren't playing our 3 best players out of position to accomidate Shelden who was a horrible pick anyway. If Shelden proves good enough, then he will play.

I agree about Speedy, but Lue was actually the key to our early season success. It's no coincidence that we haven't been the same since losing him. He's a great shooter, and is very clutch. He single handedly took over some games earlier this year.

I see your points. Until we get a legitimate point though, I don't agree with letting AJ, Lue snd Speedy, or anyone of their caliber, pounding the ball for half of the time we have it. I'm saying start games this way and then drop your backup pg in and slide down. If Joe is a 2, we need more athletic points that can shoot a little as well.

Quote:

But Joe has already stated that he doesn't want to play PG

I was unaware of this. That makes a big difference.