• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Is Josh Smith the top player from his draft?

Dukegotgame

Quote:

hawksfantic just STFU.

nobody ever said josh is a finished product. all we are saying is with the amazing improvement he has made, the sky is the limit. so to say smith could end up as the best player from his draft class is realistic. your the only "mindless idiot" on this thread and the first to resort to insults since you have nothing better to say.

He's not slamming Smith, he's just saying that he's still inconsistent, which is something that Smith has improved upon but hawksfanatic fails to acknowledge.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

Quote:

hawksfantic just STFU.

nobody ever said josh is a finished product. all we are saying is with the amazing improvement he has made, the sky is the limit. so to say smith could end up as the best player from his draft class is realistic. your the only "mindless idiot" on this thread and the first to resort to insults since you have nothing better to say.

He's not slamming Smith, he's just saying that he's still inconsistent, which is something that Smith has improved upon but hawksfanatic fails to acknowledge.

i understand hes not slamming him. i was moreso responding to him calling people mindless idiots.

• Admin

He is good but everyone on the board already has made him out to be a superstar. He has a ways to go but the promise is really there. If I were to redo the draft (not taking into consideration team needs) I would pick the players in this order:

1. Howard (unstoppable talent)

2. Iggy (His consistent play since AI left has turned him into an all around all star.)

3. Jefferson (I love his post game, he would be perfect for the Hawks.)

4. Smith (He is really coming around the past few games (except Boston) has really shown what Smith can do. He needs to get consitent, tame the attitude and cut down on the to's)

5 Okafor (I think he is near where he is going to be for his career. The guys ahead of him I think have a much higher ceiling Thats why he is lower then them. Very mature.)

6. Luol Deng (Excellent post scorer from the SF position.)

7. Kevin Martin (This season he is shown a great consistency in Sacremento and an all around game.)

8. Gordon (Good clutch shooter, undersized SG that was initially intended to be a PG. He is one dimensional shooter/scorer, However, he does that really well...especially in the clutch)

9. Childress (Excellent all around player who is willing to play off the bench although he does play starter minutes. He would be a nice addition to any team.)

10.tie Delonte West (PG or SG he plays hard and plays well. He even blocks shots.)

10.tie Jameer Nelson (Came into his own after Francis was traded. However, he is inconsistent and Orlando still thinks it needs a pg).

Quote:

He is good but everyone on the board already has made him out to be a superstar. He has a ways to go but the promise is really there. If I were to redo the draft (not taking into consideration team needs) I would pick the players in this order:

1. Howard (unstoppable talent)

2. Iggy (His consistent play since AI left has turned him into an all around all star.)

3. Jefferson (I love his post game, he would be perfect for the Hawks.)

4. Smith (He is really coming around the past few games (except Boston) has really shown what Smith can do. He needs to get consitent, tame the attitude and cut down on the to's)

5 Okafor (I think he is near where he is going to be for his career. The guys ahead of him I think have a much higher ceiling Thats why he is lower then them. Very mature.)

6. Luol Deng (Excellent post scorer from the SF position.)

7. Kevin Martin (This season he is shown a great consistency in Sacremento and an all around game.)

8. Gordon (Good clutch shooter, undersized SG that was initially intended to be a PG. He is one dimensional shooter/scorer, However, he does that really well...especially in the clutch)

9. Childress (Excellent all around player who is willing to play off the bench although he does play starter minutes. He would be a nice addition to any team.)

10.tie Delonte West (PG or SG he plays hard and plays well. He even blocks shots.)

10.tie Jameer Nelson (Came into his own after Francis was traded. However, he is inconsistent and Orlando still thinks it needs a pg).

How is Biedrins not on this list. Hes only like 20 yrs old 7 foot can score in the post, rebound and block shots this guy is gonna be a beast in a few years. He is already avging close to a double double at the age of 20 once he puts up on weight and gets more exp look out folks.

Ben Gordon is an undersized SG that can't do anything BUT score, and he's also one of the most inconsistent players in the league.

Deng may be a better scorer than Smith, but Smith wins in every other category. Deng also has a good PG in Hinrich, though.