• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Interesting comment about Jack from Sekou.....

MoonKnight

"Back to the Blazers for a minute. How about this little post-game nugget from the infamous rumor mill. The word is the Blazers love former Tech star Jarrett Jack, but think Brandon Roy is really a PG (and they have ample insurance in promising rookie Sergio Rodriguez), and might be willing to part with Jack for a much-needed small forward … can you think of a team loaded with small forwards that is in dire need of a young point guard? Jack is solid. His only real weakness right now is his outside stroke, which is streaky at best. But he can run a team, knows how to take charge late in games and is the ultimate facilitator for NBA teams because his ego is already in check (he’s not busy trying to show he’s the man all the time, which is the curse of some young PGs)."

I have always wanted Jack here and think he would fit our point guard needs very well. What about a Marvin/Salim for Jack and their 1st pick this year? We could then use their 1st on the best big man available, especially if our pick is not in the top 3. Just thinking out loud here.

Guest Walter

Quote:

"The word is the Blazers love former Tech star Jarrett Jack, but think
Brandon Roy is really a PG

How about JC/Salim/Indy pick (currently 12...or future 1st) for Jack/Portland's pick (8)?

Jack isn't quite the player JC is but Portland may want to stand pat on just a straight up trade without the pick exchange. I wouldn't do it. I may also insist that we make the deal on draft day. That way both teams can review the board as it falls into place before deciding. That may mean Portland pulls out at the last second, but...

We might move up just enough to get a big of some worth.

W

Guest Walter

Quote:

Marvin for Jack...straight up.

Does BK have the guts?

BK's ego is too big for either deal. He can't admit that either his #6 or #2 pick are so invaluable to get only a 22nd (?) pick. That's the problem with aboslute BPA (especially when neither were remotely the best player available). At some point you likely lose out on talent in a trade to fill needs. If the talent you gain by getting the BPA (which we didn't) is less than the talent you lose in trading for another player at a position of need. There is a net loss of talent.

Of course you can neither fill a need or get talent as with SW. Just look at the fact that Portland would even be considering trading Jack (after trading Telfair) because of Roy. My blood is BOILING! That's when GMs should definately get the ax.

First, Diesel said that Roy isn't a PG so Portland must be fooling themselves. Second, the Indy pick will likely not materialize this year unless Indy starts playing ball again. There is a great chance we don't have any picks this year.

Marvin will not be traded for Jack...period. Nor should he be...Chill on the other hand? All day long. Chill is 3 years older than Marvin and not much better.

Send Chill.

Quote:

Marvin/Indy's pick for Jack/PTL's pick!

Genius! I would LOVE to do this! Sorry to rip off your idea, Diesel, but I just went to the Portland board on RealGM to ask what they think about this proposal...

By the way, they didn't like my idea of Marvin + Indy pick for Aldridge + Jack (they were saying they wouldn't even trade Alrdige for Joe, so I guess they're high on him right now), and they were somewhere between luke warm and cold on the idea of Chill + Speedy for Jack + Pryzbilla.

• Premium Member

I have seen absolutely nothing from BK to suggest that he can get anything of note done in a trade...either in the off season, during the draft, or at the deadline.

Baby steps? Yes.

Major moves? Nope.

He'll get you a 6'8" forward though, one way or another.

• Premium Member

My thinking are that they are a team that is pretty set. They will get rid of Magloire. They will prolly try to replace him with a project Big. They won't find a pick in the draft at Sf with as much potential as Marvin.

Their Young guns could be:

Roy, Webster, Marvin, Zebo, and Aldridge...

With Sergio, Outlaw, and a few others off the bench.

We'd get Jack and if I'm picking, we'd pick Hibbert (if he comes out)..

and have:

Jack, JJ, JSmoove, Shelden, Hibbert. as our starting 5.

with Speedy, JChillz, Salim, Zaza, and a few others off the bench.

I would be 100% in favor of a Williams for Jack straight-up trade. If we could somehow finagle moving up the draft board as well, then I'd be...umm, 200% in favor of the trade?

Have a hard time seeing Portland do it though. Does anybody in the League really think Marvin is going to end up a significantly better player than Jack?

Do you think Portland needs the Indy pick to make them interested in this deal because, IMO the Indy pick is much more valuable than retaining Salim. Even with my longstanding interest in obtaining Jack, it seems we might be giving up too much if we give both Marvin and Indy's pick for Jack and a pick likely in the 5 to 12 range.