• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

76ers are desperate plus... Diesel's prediciton...

Diesel

• Premium Member

http://www.philly.com/mld/dailynews/sports/5127168.htm

I think that the 76ers are very desperate as the article show. I think that they will cave on a deal...

Maybe DC/KVH/1st to Atlanta for Big Dog/Theo.

Larry Brown has never cared about the future only NOW.. and Now, he needs a Shotblocker. We get rid of capspace with Theo.. But the question is can KVH play better defense than Grob? Or is KVH a better fit? My predicition is that the 1st makes this deal work.

2nd.....

There will be a trade of Gasol. Jerry West has set the table and this is how he will eat...

Gasol/Swift/Dickerson to the Knicks.

Spreewell/filler to Miami.

Jones/Allen to Memphis.

This trade works because NY gets an assortment of good players. Swift and Gasol.

What Miami gets is a shorter contract of Spree. He also plays good defense.

Memphis takes Jones and Allen. Allen cannot be resigned by Miami but he would plug in nicely at C for West. Allowing him to keep Gooden at Sf for a minute.

Allen/Lo/Gooden/Jones/JWill!!

Powerful

Plus West has always coveted Jones and he would take him over Spree because of the more consistent 3 pt shooting.

First, Atlanta isn't going to trade a player who has 2 years left on his contract for a player who has 4 years left on a bigger contract. Philadelphia's owner also isn't willing to allow Philly to take on added salary, which is what they would be doing if they trade for Theo and Glenn. That's why the Theo for Coleman deal hasn't happened yet. Philly is hesitant to take on Theo's contract, which only has 2 years left.

Second, Gasol is being shopped so the Grizzlies can dump a bigger contract. The players they are trying to deal Jason Williams and Lorenzen Wright. They are basically saying, you can have Gasol if you take either Jason Williams or Lorenzen Wright, or maybe both.

Third, I don't see West being interested in Eddie Jones. He's older than he was when West had him, and he is notorious for slumping after February.

The Grizzlies aren't going to waste potential cap space because they will actually be able to attract free agents. Jerry West will make that happen.

No. Memphis isn't going to be willing to take on Robinson's contract, and the Hawks would be fools to invest in Jason Williams as a point guard at his overinflated salary. You think we turn the ball over too much now? Wait till you see Jason Williams and his usual out of control, turnover prone play.

I don't know why Pete has his mind set on getting a true point guard while also desiring to keep Jason Terry. Detroit wins without a true point guard. Sacramento wins without a true point guard. Houston is winning without a true point guard.

The Hawks have to do one of two things when it comes to Jason Terry.

1. Structure the team like its a team with a scoring point guard.

2. Let him go and build a more traditional team.

This trying to make Jason Terry into something he isn't has gotten the Hawks nowhere.

Guys, when talking about a lot of these guys, Dickerson and Williams, are BYC players so in order to move them, Memphis must really want to move them as they get raped in the deal, only being able to take back half as much salary...in other words, it doesn't help them clear up any cap room unless one fo the players coming is has an expiring contract.

• Premium Member

In reply to:

First, Atlanta isn't going to trade a player who has 2 years left on his contract for a player who has 4 years left on a bigger contract.

I think you can't say that. Van Horn is a good player just not a great player. If Big Dog is such a problem, Atlanta would easily trade Big Dog and his 2 yr contract for Van Horn IF we can get the cap space that DC will provide and a 1st. What you have just said makes no sense for the hawks. That we would turn down the opportunity to get rid of Big Dog and to get Capspace to sign JT... Becuase of Van Horn?? On his worst day, Van Horn is not that bad.

In reply to:

Second, Gasol is being shopped so the Grizzlies can dump a bigger contract. The players they are trying to deal Jason Williams and Lorenzen Wright

I believe that there is more of a need to move Micheal Dickerson than either Wright or Williams. Because Both Wright and Williams have value of their own. MD has no trade Value. A very large contract. Gasol would be used to trade him (like I said) than to trade either of these other two. WATCH it happen.

In reply to:

Third, I don't see West being interested in Eddie Jones. He's older than he was when West had him, and he is notorious for slumping after February.

I know you don't read much... So here's help..

http://espn.go.com/nba/s/2002/0726/1410420.html

West has already looked into getting Jones. Miami wants to trade Jones because his contract is too long and too big. Getting Spreewell would be better for Riley than keeping Jones.

Keith Van Horn and Shareef Abdur-Rahim would give the Hawks two players who are have max deals. Whatever salary cap space we would gain by losing Derrick Coleman's contract will be taken up due to the increase in their pay plus the resigning of Jason Terry to at least a 1 year tender offer.

If the Hawks wanted to do that, then they could just forget about adding Derrick Coleman and trade Theo Ratliff and Glenn Robinson for Keith Van Horn, Eric Snow, and Todd MacCullough.

Van Horn would be a nice compliment to Shareef. It would allow the Hawks to kick Shareef back out to the small forward position and let the perimeter oriented Keith Van Horn play power forward.

• Admin

That trade would make us an even worse team. No interior at ALL. KVH is overrated. I would much rather Dog then KVH. He is a one demensional player ala Pat Garrity in that he is a big man shooting out side shots. His contract is way to big and he plays no defence and has no speed.

I think we only need to make a small trade invovling either Theo or Nazr for a big PG or another tweener guard to handle the backcourt with JT.

• Admin

That trade would make us an even worse team. No interior at ALL. KVH is overrated. I would much rather Dog then KVH. He is a one demensional player ala Pat Garrity in that he is a big man shooting out side shots. His contract is way to big and he plays no defence and has no speed.

I think we only need to make a small trade invovling either Theo or Nazr for a big PG or another tweener guard to handle the backcourt with JT.

Are you joking? If we had Reef and KVH, KVH outta be the sf and Reef the pf. All of this talk clamoring for Reef to be a SF again simply kills me. It's apparent that his best offense come from getting on the block, not jumpers and threes...and that while a mediocre defender, playing pf's at least allows him to utilize some relative speed against most comparable players.

I still believe that Battier is the player that would be a

very nice fit on our Hawks team and I'm sure that there

is someone on our roster that we could trade for him.

It might require two or three players from each team to

make it work, but the old man keeps plugging away with

the cry, "Get Battier in a Hawk's uniform."

I don't want to blow up the entire team just to get this

one player, but I sure do want him to be a Hawk.

Someone give us one of these "Irresistable" trades that

benefits both teams and include us getting Battier.

We can't win with the players we have now, how would that deal make us better? Dog is a better SF than KVH and if we lose Theo just to resign JT, how have we improved? JT is still JT.

If we trade Theo or ANY of our top 4 players, we MUST get someone in return who can play at the same level as the player leaving in the deal. The player might not play the same position but they need to be able to have at least equal and preferably MORE impact.