Best Case Scenerio: Hibbert at #3, Law at #12

HAWKS1986

Hibbert would be the best player available at #3 and I also think Hortford would be a good player at that spot. However, Hibbert is a better free throw shooter, has more size and this something that the Hawks need desperately. And generally Georgetown has a history of developing solid centers: Ewing, Mourning, Mutombo and hopefully Hibbert !!!

As for #12, Acie law would be a good fit as well... I don't see 'Craig Claxton' being with the Hawks next year. Law is a leader and he 'wants' to lead and have that pressure and that's a good thing. Plus, Acie can learn the ropes from Anthony Johnson who is 34 years old.

If the Hawks draft these two guys, it would really help the team..

Quote:

Hibbert would be the best player available at #3 and I also think Hortford would be a good player at that spot. However, Hibbert is a better free throw shooter, has more size and this something that the Hawks need desperately. And generally Georgetown has a history of developing solid centers: Ewing, Mourning, Mutombo and hopefully Hibbert !!!

As for #12, Acie law would be a good fit as well... I don't see 'Craig Claxton' being with the Hawks next year. Law is a leader and he 'wants' to lead and have that pressure and that's a good thing. Plus, Acie can learn the ropes from Anthony Johnson who is 34 years old.

If the Hawks draft these two guys, it would really help the team..

I agree, even though I slightly prefer Mike Conley, Jr. over Acie Law because I think he is more of a pure pass first point guard. I'll be happy with either of those PGs though.

Lets really dream

If you go to NBA draft net they have Mike Conley at #12 Acie at #20 of course either would be an upgrade for the Hawks at PG. If Both Oden and Conley Declare Then: Phoenix receives Atlanta's 2007 first round pick (Joe Johnson trade 081905) Protected through 3 in 2007 and no protection in 2008.The Hawks have the 4th worst record in the NBA so they could get pick #1 odds are worst than 3 teams for getting 1st pick. Then if the Pacers make the playoffs we get there pick outside the lottery hince #12 Atlanta receives Indiana's 2007 first-round pick. (Al Harrington trade 082206) (Top 10 protected in 2007, top 8 in 2008, top 5 in 2009, and unprotected in 2010). Therefore the best case scenario for the Hawks could be Oden and Conley Optimism or Crazy it could happen

Could you imagine:

PG Conley/Lue/Salim

SG JJ/Childress

SF JS/MW

PF MW/SW/SJ

C Oden/ZaZa

I would say with good health a definite playoff caliber team

This isn't going to be all that popular...but I would tend to stay away from any team member of Oden's...just because he basically got them on-stage in the first place.

Not to Dis Con...but if he were that good why wasn't he knocking down a few threes and keeping Ohio State close till the end?

I think we would end up overpaying. I'd use that draft pick on a big.

• Moderators

Quote:

Not to Dis Con...but if he were that good why wasn't he knocking down a few threes and keeping Ohio State close till the end?

He did have 20 points, 6 assists, 4 steals and 3 rebounds was their best player over the course of the tournament. I would take Conley in a second.

I sure hope that is a risk the Hawks are willing to take. More than Conley's shooting is his ability to control the pace of the game which is imperative for a PG. He also lead the Big 10 in steals and assist. If Oden ends up in Atlanta he would solidify the bigs SW, MW, JS, ZaZa, SJ, LorWr and Oden. Conley is a cerebral player by TMotta account which he displayed numerous times in the NCAA tournament. We will see but I would take Conley in a heartbeat

By the way

Conley continues to be a “stat sheet stuffer” (a phrase coined by former OSU All-American Clark Kellogg). He is averaging 10.3 points, and leads the Big Ten in assists (6.3), steals (2.3) and assist-to-turnover ratio (3-to-1)

AHF,

I agree. Conley is the best up-tempo PG since Paul. Crittenton is awesome (and will probably be a better scorer as a pro), but he actually might not be as good for our team as Conley.

Law is good, too, but I wouldn't take him over Conley or Crit. We've already had this discussion, though.

Hibbert is not the BPA at #3, but I'd be hard pressed not to take him. I would actually prefer a trade down to around 7, where I think he could be had (though still a touch high).

I think B. Wright and Horford are the 3 and 4 players, and I'd like to have either one, but they really don't solve our problems at PG and C.

Earlier on, I was for taking Javaris Crittenton at #3. I think that's a big reach (if he comes out), but I still would love to get Crit or Con. Would trade MW for the 8th or so and get either player if I had to. No, I don't think we'd be giving too much up, and yes that would signal that we made a huge mistake in passing on Paul/Deron. If both came out, one would fall to 11/12. I fully believe Crit will be a top 8 pick when he does come out.

BTW, if we got #2 and drafted KD, I would push hard to trade MW for a pick in that range to get Hibbert OR Crit.

I'd rather take Law than Conley. Law is like Chauncey in that he likes to take big shots, and most of the time he hits them. I have called him Salim Jr. in the past but I will say this, if it is 5 sec on the clock and the ball gets rotated to him, he damn sure would know what to do with it.