My dream offseason

Guest Walter

Guest Walter

Obvious move?

1) After winning the lottery, draft Oden.

Next?

2) After retaining the Indy pick draft Conley (likely).

Next?

3) Sign and trade for Gerald Wallace. Trade MW, SW, Lo, and Lue or Salim or MW, ZaZa, and Salim for Gerald Wallace resigned.

JJ might be our starting team's worst defender...

Oden/ZaZa

JS/SJ

Gerald Wallace/JC

JJ/JC?

Conley/AJ

Defense without the offensive liability. These guys would eat up offenses for points.

W

Quote:

Obvious move?

1) After winning the lottery, draft Oden.

Next?

2) After retaining the Indy pick draft Conley (likely).

Next?

3) Sign and trade for Gerald Wallace. Trade MW, SW, Lo, and Lue or Salim or MW, ZaZa, and Salim for Gerald Wallace resigned.

JJ might be our starting team's worst defender...

Oden/ZaZa

JS/SJ

Gerald Wallace/JC

JJ/JC?

Conley/AJ

Defense without the offensive liability. These guys would eat up offenses for points.

W

I'd love that, the only problem is that there's NO WAY Charlotte will sign and trade him to a division rival. Michael Jordan isn't that dumb, plus Wallace has been their MVP for a while now so I really think they are going to pay him market value in order to keep him.

Guest Walter

Quote:

Oden/ZaZa

JS/SJ

Gerald Wallace/JC

JJ/JC?

Conley/AJ

I'd love that, the only problem is that there's NO WAY Charlotte will sign and trade him to a division rival. Michael Jordan isn't that dumb, plus Wallace has been their MVP for a while now so I really think they are going to pay him market value in order to keep him.

The Bobcats may bite on that trade.

I may like bringing in another UNC player to go with May and Felton.Throw Shellhead in the mix, and that will be another guy the NC area that the fans know.But if we trade shelden when need to get the bobcat to add another player of value.

Yeah that would be a "dream" off-season alright.

That team would be ridiculously balanced offensively and defensively.

Everyone on that team can score 20 PPG and make the all-defensive team.

I wonder what it would take to get Gerald Wallace.

Probably our top 3 pick.

No way would anyone on this team other than JJ and JSmoove would Charlotte accept for him.

Guest Walter

Quote:

No way would anyone on this team other than JJ and JSmoove would Charlotte accept for him.

...than..."needing to get them to add another player to sweeten the deal".

It was a dream. Not impossible, highly improbable.

Let's say we get Oden. Instantly he's the biggest FA draw we've ever had and is as big as anybody has IMO. Franchise center/future superstar...players want to play with that. Sell Wallace on the fact the Hawks want to make for the best defensive team in NBA history, he's the final piece, and show him the lineup on paper.

The real crux is that we'd either have to dump salary, sign Wallace outright, and make them match or get the Kittens to pounce in some other way. Highly unlikely no matter how you sell it. I just like the lineup. Instead of "highlight factory"..."The Killer D's".

W

Quote:

Quote:

...than..."needing to get them to add another player to sweeten the deal".

It was a dream. Not impossible, highly improbable.

Let's say we get Oden. Instantly he's the biggest FA draw we've ever had and is as big as anybody has IMO. Franchise center/future superstar...players want to play with that. Sell Wallace on the fact the Hawks want to make for the best defensive team in NBA history, he's the final piece, and show him the lineup on paper.

The real crux is that we'd either have to dump salary, sign Wallace outright, and make them match or get the Kittens to pounce in some other way. Highly unlikely no matter how you sell it. I just like the lineup. Instead of "highlight factory"..."The Killer D's".

W

You know what I was just looking at the fact that you had us getting Oden and Wallace as a whole.

YOu bring up a great point about the fact that if we landed Oden that would be a HUGE selling point for a FA.

But the only question is do we have to answer to Wallace or to Charlotte?

No way we can offer Wallace a max contract because we're giving Smoove one.

So how could we make him want to come here since Charlotte could offer him one?

I guess that's where the trade comes in. I wish they were stupid enough to take Marvin and a couple other players for him.

I said they wouldn't but then again Jordan has made some terrible moves before.

Guest Walter

Quote:

But the only question is do we have to answer to Wallace or to Charlotte?

Wallace 1st, ultimately Charlotte. He's a RFA if I recall correctly.

Quote:

No way we can offer Wallace a max contract because we're giving Smoove one.

We can if we trade for Wallace resigned AND in my scenario we rely upon the rookie contract services of Oden and Conley aløng with the 3 max contracts of JJ, Wallace, and JS. Oden wouldn't be cheap but he would be cheap enough. We'd have to fill the bench out inexpensively with 2 position players like Childress. In 3-4 years we'd have to decide whom to sacrifice when Oden's contract was up. No biggie.

Quote:

I guess that's where the trade comes in. I wish they were stupid enough to take Marvin and a couple other players for him.

I said they wouldn't but then again Jordan has made some terrible moves before.

It's doubtful, highly doubtful, very highly doubtful. Still, I've thought about "The Killer D's" for awhile now. Too bad Gary Payton is old.

W