• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Help me with figure out which PG we need to draft

DavidSomerset

So, I know fans are speculating that it's going to really boil down to whether we are going to draft Conley Jr. or Acie Law...I've also heard some Crittendon, Augustin (?), and another name or two mixed in there.

Which PG fits our team the best?? We are looking for more of a distributor and less of a scorer from the PG position, correct?

That would seem to infer that we would be better off with Conley or Crittendon...Even so, Acie Law's play making ability and leadership would be hard to turn away from.

I've only seen Conley and Law play a few times, and have never seen Crit or Augustin play...I am by no means an expert on any of these prospects.

People are talking like at least ONE of Law or Conley is going to be available at 11 or 12 (wherever we pick)...Do we take Conley over Law (he is rated a bit higher in most mocks)??...Or do we take experience and leadership over great potential??

It's an interesting problem to have...I just pray that we have a bevy of options available to us at PG when our pick at 11 or 12 rolls around.

OT: I have mentioned this idea before, but if we lose our pick to Phx (there is about a 60-something % chance of this happening), I would think loooong and hard about trading Marvin for the 6th or 7th pick in the draft to take Hibbert.

Hibbert + Law/Conley= Great draft!!

An even better scenario would be if we get the #2 pick in the draft we could take Durant and then trade Marvin for the 6 or 7 pick to take Hibbert, then get a PG at 11.

Durant + Hibbert + Law/Conley= eheheh.gifeheheh.gifeheheh.gifeheheh.gif

I'm a bigger Law fan than Conley, simply because Law is more experienced and is a much better shooter.. He's also very clutch. Conley won't be able to get in the lane as easy as in college, he will HAVE to make open jumpers, and right now he can't do it.

I'm also a Conley fan, but I'd rather get Law.

So you really believe Knight finally understands we need a point guard? Gee, I sure hope you're right. Apparently, when we had the 2nd pick and could have chosen Chris Paul, we opted for Marvin "offensive foul" Williams. He has never impressed me in two years considering he was the 2nd pick overall. He wasn't even chosen to play this year in the "Rookie Challenge" at the All-Star game. How embarassing! The guy should have stayed in college at least one more year- at least till he made his team's starting lineup. chairs.gif