• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Assuming we get the 3rd pick. What do we do?

gutz

I'm not sure what we do in this situation if we draw the 3rd pick in the draft lottery. We obviously have tons of options if put in this situation. I DON'T want Horford or Noah or any other SF/PF the Hawks don't need. We could take Hibbert at 3 but that would be reaching. We could trade down to another slot in the top 10 and then take Hibbert which is more likely and then take Conley or Law with the Indy pick. I would still be very happy if that played out. Anybody got any ideas or trades we could feasibly consummate with another team in the top 10 if we draw the 3rd overall pick?

I think that is giving up way too much personally. Marvin is still going to be a good player in the NBA like a Richard Jefferson - not a superstar but a damn good player. Plus we give them our 3rd pick too? I would do that trade if we could maybe get another piece whether it's a player of need or a 2nd round pick or something.

lmao at Marvin/#3 for Durant being too much. No team in their right mind would trade the #2 for Marvin/3. Durant will be better in his 3rd year than Marvin will EVER be. If that opportunity was truly on the table, BK would be downright STUPID to not take that deal..

You obviously don't know what your talking about! Just because Marvin didn't blow up this year doesn't mean he sucks man! I agree Durant will probably be a way better player than Marvin will be throughout their careers but you can't say that for sure at this point. But your trading Marvin/#3pick in a draft that is supposed to be one of the best ever for one player in a skinny Durant who still has a lot of growing to do to be as effective in the NBA as he was against garbage competition in college. To me Marvin/Horford or Noah or whoever is a pretty good deal for anyone straight up for Durant. Just being realistic here dude!

Nah I'm not bashing you or anything, I'm just saying no GM will trade the #2 for Marvin/#3 anyway. My post had nothing to do with whether or not Marvin sucks, it's just a matter that Durant will be so much better that there is no way to hesitate on that deal.

And this isn't one of the best drafts in years, only the top 2 are the best in years. The rest is up in the air. The #3 pick is NOWHERE NEAR the top 2 picks in this draft.

Quote:

Nah I'm not bashing you or anything, I'm just saying no GM will trade the #2 for Marvin/#3 anyway...

Exactly AtLaS...none of us can predict the future - but GM's around the league are looking at Durant as the future saviour. He's the new hot "potential" guy. Marvin is the old "potential" guy. No GM would make that trade.

Quote:

Actually we don't know that. If Marvin plays at NC this year, He is probably a 25/10 guy.

rofl%20smiley.gif

Quote:

At the very least he'd put up his summer league numbers, who are better players than the slugs he'd play on an avg day in college.

Man summer league is like streetball, noone can get an accurate description of performance during summer league. It's basically practice, and it means nothing. Marvin would NEVER avg. 25/10 in college. He would have gotten exposed had he stayed, it was a good business move for Marvin to leave early.. Durant was the first ever college FRESHMAN to win CPOY, that's SAYING SOMETHING. To think that Marvin will ever be on his level is not rational. Are you actually saying you wouldn't give up Marvin/#3 for Durant??

Quote:

im taking either horford or wright.. they could both play center for us assuming we play uptemo..

Hoford has the muscel to play center and is close to 6'10''. I would take Hoford or (Hibbert 7'2'', 276 lbs)and Pray really hard Conley or Law are avialable with Indy's pick. I have a feeling Conley's stock will start to fall. Teams will get skeptical on a freshman PG who was not even mentioned as a 1st rounder until a good showing in the NCAA Tourney. (Much like O'Bryant coming from no where last year based on a couple of games in the Tourney on national TV.)

Have you ever seen Wright play ? You sound like a Duke fan so must have seen him play. What makes you think a 210 pounder can be an NBA center ? Good big men like:Big Z, Ben Wallace, Eddie Curry, Dampier, will eat him alive. Not to mention the elite big men like: Shaq, J. O'Niel Duncan, Bosh, Howard, Garnette, R. Wallace, Ming, Gasol, Stroudamire, & Brand will eat his lunch in the post and probably injure Wright's boyish frame. At least Hoford and Hibbert have the physical body & strength to bang with the NBA's big boys..

To me Wright is the most raw, high risk pick in the draft. This is a very raw player- much like a Darius Miles. The only way he scores is on dunks. The guy has no post game, no jump shot, no ball handling, and only weighs 210 pounds soke amd wet. He is too skinny to play PF much less center in the NBA. Too skinny too play any low post defense. He is just another raw, atheletic SF who has no real basketball skills, just has alot of God given basketball talent to dunk and block shots as a help defender. WE ALREADY HAVE A HELP DEFENDER IN SMOOVE ) WE NEED A STRONG BODY LIKE HOFORD or Hibbertt TO PLAY POST DEFENSE, in my humble opinion.

This guy may be good in a few years but has 3 year project written all over him. Atlanta does not have a few years. We have been saying draft potential and wait on potentail for 3 years now with Smoove and Marvin. By the way Smoove and Marvin are both 6'9'' natural sf, do we need more duplication of what we already have in Wright ?

In saying all this....If BK takes Wright at #3 I will be very upset. May have to then give up on the NBA or the Hawks for a while and stick with college and HS games.

Honestly I think Marvin/#3 is a little too much for Durant. Durant is still skinny as a rail and weak. He will not come into the NBA next year and post numbers anywhere near the ones he did against smaller, weaker and college players that will never even make the NBDL. He has to gain a lot of muscle before he is dunking and driving on the bigs in the NBA. Believe that! I would do that trade if we could get another piece thrown in. We just can't gauge Marvin's career yet considering he is barely 20yrs old and was hampered all year long really after breaking his hand. He is basically a sophmore in college right now. And he would be averaging close to 20/10 if he was still at UNC right now easily.

Quote:

Quote:

Actually we don't know that. If Marvin plays at NC this year, He is probably a 25/10 guy.

[/indent]

rofl%20smiley.gif

Quote:

Durant was the first ever college FRESHMAN to win CPOY, that's SAYING SOMETHING. To think that Marvin will ever be on his level is not rational. Are you actually saying you wouldn't give up Marvin/#3 for Durant??

[/indent]

That would be sweet deal for the Hawks. Too bad no team is dumb enough to fall for it.

If Durant's boyish body is not snapped in two he will average at least 22 PPG his 1st year. If we did that drade the Hawks could challenge the Heat for the division. Durant is the player BK has dreamed of since he came to Atlanta. He is everything we want Marvin to be.

No diss to Marvin, he will get better, but there is only one Kevin Durant.

Quote:

He has to gain a lot of muscle before he is dunking and driving on the bigs in the NBA.

You say that as if Marvin is strong. Marvin is WEAK, VERY WEAK, he's ONLY 6'8 (Durant is 6'10), and Durant is already a better shooter, driver, passer, defender, rebounder. There is simply no facet of Marvin's game (nor physical ability) that exceed's Durant's. Durant will have a better year than Marvin NEXT year..

I bet you he doesn't have a better year than Marvin next year! Your right though Marvin does need to continue growing as well. Duh!! he is only 20 yrs old. You act like Marvin is a seasoned vet already. I just think you overestimate the type of impact Durant will have in his rookie year in the NBA. Trust me he will struggle his first year. They ALL do!

Quote:

Quote:

He has to gain a lot of muscle before he is dunking and driving on the bigs in the NBA.

You say that as if Marvin is strong. Marvin is WEAK, VERY WEAK, he's ONLY 6'8 (Durant is 6'10), and Durant is already a better shooter, driver, passer, defender, rebounder. There is simply no facet of Marvin's game (nor physical ability) that exceed's Durant's. Durant will have a better year than Marvin NEXT year..

You are absolutely right. Durant is even already past potential, he Is the real deal. Durant is what Marvin dreams to be (no offense to Marvin) headbang.gif.

some of you guys are really terrible at math. I have seen numerous posts that support Marvin's high potential by saying he would have been a sophomore this season at UNC. Problem is, MARVIN WOULD HAVE BEEN A JUNIOR THIS SEASON AT UNC!!!! 1 year at UNC + 2 years with the Hawks = 3 YEARS IN COLLEGE.

and it's HoRford. With an R.

And while we are at it, Shelden Williams with two E's. Not SheldOn.

Come on guys, get it together.

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

You are absolutely right. Durant is even already past potential, he Is the real deal. Durant is what Marvin dreams to be (no offense to Marvin) headbang.gif.

I consider Durant a significantly better prospect than Marvin at this point for sure but would not consider him past potential. Guys with stud college resumes have busted before for a variety of reasons (such as Pervis Ellison, Len Bias, Joe Smith, etc.) so the proof is in the pudding as far as I am concerned.

Guest Walter

Quote:

You obviously don't know what your talking about! Just because Marvin didn't blow up this year doesn't mean he sucks man! I agree Durant will probably be a way better player than Marvin will be throughout their careers but you can't say that for sure at this point. But your trading Marvin/#3pick in a draft that is supposed to be one of the best ever for one player in a skinny Durant who still has a lot of growing to do to be as effective in the NBA as he was against garbage competition in college. To me Marvin/Horford or Noah or whoever is a pretty good deal for anyone straight up for Durant. Just being realistic here dude!

No way MW and whoever at 3 > Durant. No way in hell. Durant will have better rookie pts/rbs numbers than MW will next year. You heard it here 1st. That guy would punk MW. No MW doesn't suck, but he does suck for a #2 pick. Remember that and if anyone were willing to take such a deal (crazy), don't be stupid and not take it.

W