• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

and with the 11th pick in the NBA Draft....

DJlaysitup

The Atlanta Hawks pick...I would go for Tiago Splitter, a 22 year old with major international experience...a 7 footer with skills and toughness on the block. Combined with Smoove, Shelden and Zaza we might be able to hold our own in the paint.

We would fix one problem and hope...that our 3 or 4 backup PGs can get it done. bannana_guitar.gif

Quote:

...Oh and when is the latest that players have to declare (assuming Splitter hasn't declared)

I dunno...but Oden and Connelly and somebody else declared today. Personally...I'm a bit afraid of any player that got to play with Oden. Too easy. Lotsa other great PGs didn't have that option. I would look at Augustin. But given that we still need inside help I would go with Splitter if he would come and play.

Splitter is a REAL 7 footer (meaning 6'11 and 3/4" measured already) and is strong.

Quote:

Quote:

...Oh and when is the latest that players have to declare (assuming Splitter hasn't declared)

I dunno...but Oden and Connelly and somebody else declared today. Personally...I'm a bit afraid of any player that got to play with Oden. Too easy. Lotsa other great PGs didn't have that option. I would look at Augustin. But given that we still need inside help I would go with Splitter if he would come and play.

Splitter is a REAL 7 footer (meaning 6'11 and 3/4" measured already) and is strong.

I wondered about Conley but watch him play without Oden. He's still nasty.

His ballhandling and defense is better than Law which is why he'll be picked before him. His Assist to TO ratio is ridiculous even w/o Oden.

Quote:

..I wondered about Conley but watch him play without Oden. He's still nasty...

I think you are right, but I wonder about guys who didn't get the stage because they couldn't ride Oden. Not saying Con isn't gonna be good...just thinkin that there are others out there just as good - unable to rely on Oden.

I understand that Con got the job done when Oden was in foul trouble...but he wasn't going against Nash or the other NBA elite. He can't shoot very well. I wonder if Rondo wouldn't have done as well.

Let's get a good Big.

Quote:

The Atlanta Hawks pick...I would go for Tiago Splitter, a 22 year old with major international experience...a 7 footer with skills and toughness on the block. Combined with Smoove, Shelden and Zaza we might be able to hold our own in the paint.

We would fix one problem and hope...that our 3 or 4 backup PGs can get it done.
bannana_guitar.gif

In BK's last trip to europe, he watched (scouted) Splitter and came back not impressed. Splitter will not be a Hawk. slash.gif

Quote:

I think you are right, but I wonder about guys who didn't get the stage because they couldn't ride Oden. Not saying Con isn't gonna be good...just thinkin that there are others out there just as good - unable to rely on Oden.

I understand that Con got the job done when Oden was in foul trouble...but he wasn't going against Nash or the other NBA elite. He can't shoot very well. I wonder if Rondo wouldn't have done as well.

Let's get a good Big.

The thing is the bigs at 11 won't be nearly as good as the PG prospect.

The PG prospect will be elite and the big will just be someone you are settling for like Hawes.

Conley is the real deal. You mention Steve Nash, Steve Nash wishes he could play defense like Conley Jr.

THat kid has a quick first step to take his man off the dribble and his court vision is pretty sick. He's not just giving the ball to Oden in the post and letting him do all the work. He's actually taking his man off the dribble and kicking out for 3 or dumping the ball off when the help defense comes.

If anything he helped make Oden's job easier as well.

If by some miracle he fell to the 11th pick I'd be celebrating like we won the lotto.

This kid really won me over in the tournament.

Quote:

Nash and Conley shouldnt even be in the same sentence.

Trust me compared to TLue and Royal Ivey he will look like Nash.

But the point is he doesn't even have to be our Nash.

The fact that the guy can be a top 10 PG in this league is more than good enough.

People could finally shut up about Roy and Paul if we got this guy.

But we need Jeff Green to change his mind about staying in school for him to drop

Quote:

..The PG prospect will be elite and the big will just be someone you are settling for like Hawes.

Conley is the real deal. You mention Steve Nash, Steve Nash wishes he could play defense like Conley Jr....

I wish I could agree with you - but Con. can't shoot worth a damn. He is a poor man's Rondo IMHO. He is a Fresh who got to play with Oden against other bigtimers because of Oden. I don't see him as better than the other 4 or 5 PGs in the draft just because he hit the "final four"..since Oden got them there... violin-1.gif

Well what about Acie Law who is more likely to be there?

Do you really take Spencer Hawes over a guy who will be a taller version of Jason Terry?

BTW, don't diss Conley. Sure he's got to work on his perimeter jumper but we don't need another scorer we need a distributor which is exactly what Conley Jr is.

He still has plenty of time to develop that perimeter game.

More important is the ball handling skills, court vision, and perimeter defensive skills that he has.

Because of these things we would be very lucky if he fell to us.

Quote:

rondo and conley's games are nothing a like. horrid comparsion.

You are right...Rondo is athletic enough to go to the hoop against NBA quality players. Conley isn't...or won't be...another Sebastion Telfair. uglyhammer.gif

Dodge Conley Jr. like the plague. Another BK screw up in the making.

stirthepot.gif

Quote:

...In BK's last trip to europe, he watched (scouted) Splitter and came back not impressed. Splitter will not be a Hawk.
slash.gif

LOL...wel what does that mean tongue.gif

The great and powerful OZ (ooooops...BK) doesn't think much of a guy........................................................................................................................................LOL

P.S. - let's remember that he is a f*&^-in idiot.

Quote:

Quote:

We would fix one problem and hope...that our 3 or 4 backup PGs can get it done.
bannana_guitar.gif

In BK's last trip to europe, he watched (scouted) Splitter and came back not impressed. Splitter will not be a Hawk. slash.gif

I read BK's comments and wonder if that is a smoke screen. He may have said that to hide his intentions.

Here's some commentatry on Splitter from DraftExpress:

Splitter might not be the most glamorous player around, but he’s quite a sure bet. There are three key areas where he fills the bill.

Physical Tools. He might not be a freakish athlete a la Tyrus Thomas, but he’s a legit seven footer, will be strong enough to operate in the paint, and he has excellent quickness. That’s quite a rare combination.

Basketball Talent. Again, not an incredibly talented player, but a guy who perfectly understands the game, is very coachable, and is already showing a variety of promising skills. It’s a very intriguing mix when you take into consideration what comes next.

Attitude. Splitter is an extremely hard working player, a warrior, a guy who always delivers intensity and is constantly thinking about improving. Besides, he’s very team oriented, being an unselfish guy willing to sacrifice for his teammates, and as expected, very much appreciated in the locker-room, and obviously by his coaches.

This is a homerun combination. It’s hard to lose with this kind of credentials

I think he is mature which is on our side. He sounds like a blue collar kind of guy which would be great. His contract concerns me. We cannot afford for him to stay in Europe.

I've seen Splitter play in the Euroleague and I don't think he's a very good fit for the Hawks. He's essentially David Andersen without the part about being Australian.

Splitter's post offense isn't spectacular, he's not uber athletic and while he's defense is good, it is almost overhyped by draft sites. That and he's already 22 years old so the potential is not as intriguing.

If Conley's there at 11 the Hawks should pick him. He was the leader of that OSU team and is a PG the Hawks need. If Hibbert slips, which is highly unlikely, then it's a toss up between him and Conley.

As for the amount of Pg's on the team: Ivey's currently out of contract and I wouldn't be terribly surprised if Lue was traded to a playoff team during the offseason. Claxton played the role of a back up perfectly in New Orleans and I see no reason why he couldn't do that for the Hawks. Anthony Johnson is a veteran whose been around a bit and still has something to offer. His contract is up at the end of next year anyway.