• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Diesel's question of the day...

Diesel

• Premium Member

Every year around this time from the months April to June, people run back and fourth with scouting reports from nbadraft.net (Maurer, Smith, Joseph), Draftexpress.com (Givony), ESPN (Ford, Hollinger), Sportingnews (Deveney, Skwara, Decourcey), CBSSportsline (Malinowski, Mejia), USAToday (Dupree, Nance, Boeck), Realgm.

Out of all these scouts/reporters who do you trust the most.

How do you rank them?

It's not a matter of who I trust the most. I probably read draftnet more, but I read several and then from them all come up with my own opinion. I think they all have their bias and it's a matter of sifting through all of that to get a compendium of reports.

• Premium Member

I won't taint the poll just yet....

But I will say this: It's funny how some of these guys talk up players or talk down players but when the players go pro and do what they will do good or bad, these same guys who talked them up or talked them down comes with the opposite spin "I knew it all along".

• Premium Member

When I started this thread, I started it realizing that a few sources such as NBAdraft.net, draftexpress, and maybe a few other smaller outlets march to the tune of Agents. Like Givony. I think it was said of him that he's in a certin agent's hip pocket and will always say glowing things about that agent's players.

I almost think that bigger outlets have the money to keep their writers ethical. However, with ESPN, you see a lot of brownnosing and flipflopping especially by one guy named Chad.

I think that's what used to be so refreshing about Kenny Smith and Charles Barkley. Barkley will just say whatever he feels without respect to any agent or anybody because he's already rich (Unless MJ's name is cast down)... And Kenny also seems to have a fairly honest opinion.

But too many times, these other guys don't stick by their opinion. Lack ethics.

I would like to see a running tally everytime one of these prognosticators talk about the players on draft night.

For instance, there can be a pro and con ticker that scrolls on the bottom of the board.

So that when Chad Ford is comenting on anything, the ticker would tick off and say: Ford Claimed......... about this player back in 2002.

But who do I trust...

As I look over some years, I kinda have growned to trust Sportingnews.