• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

If Cuban fires Avery, should Hawks consider him?

HAWKS1986

Quote:

He proboaly gives him another year to see if they can make it back to the finals. However I see terry being traded in the offseason and the mavs picking up a center. Anyone like diop or would want terry back?

Jason Terry was NEVER a 'primetime' player just a 'tease' and during crunch time he just disappears..

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

He proboaly gives him another year to see if they can make it back to the finals. However I see terry being traded in the offseason and the mavs picking up a center. Anyone like diop or would want terry back?

Jason Terry was NEVER a 'primetime' player just a 'tease' and during crunch time he just disappears..

Where did you get that from? I always thought that JT was a "no quit" kind of player when he was here. He was the Mavs best "clutch" player the season before last. I remember him hitting several clutch three pointers for the Mavs. When he was with the Hawks, he was asked to lead a pretty crappy squad after all the big boys got traded. Why does JT get such a bad rap around here? How does his play in his first few years here compare to the "can't-miss" prospects we have now(Chillz,Marvin,Shelden), many of whom were picked in the lottery BEFORE the 10th pick? When you think about it like that, you have to realize that JT actually wasn't half bad. He wasn't a franchise player, but he definitely isn't a bum either. Imagine him in the backcourt with JJ. Heck, we'd be in the playoffs right now if we had that backcourt. confused.gif

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Where did you get that from? I always thought that JT was a "no quit" kind of player when he was here. He was the Mavs best "clutch" player the season before last. I remember him hitting several clutch three pointers for the Mavs. When he was with the Hawks, he was asked to lead a pretty crappy squad after all the big boys got traded. Why does JT get such a bad rap around here? How does his play in his first few years here compare to the "can't-miss" prospects we have now(Chillz,Marvin,Shelden), many of whom were picked in the lottery BEFORE the 10th pick? When you think about it like that, you have to realize that JT actually wasn't half bad. He wasn't a franchise player, but he definitely isn't a bum either. Imagine him in the backcourt with JJ. Heck, we'd be in the playoffs right now if we had that backcourt. confused.gif

JT is not a leader. Yes, I admit he has some good games. He is more of a frontrunner when things are going well. However, when adversity happens, he hasn't shown he can lead a team.

Incidentially, Baron Davis and Jason Terry came out the same year in 1999. Baron has been hurt, and Terry has been able to stay healthy. However, Baron is the better player and floor leader and it played itself out in this Golden State-Dallas series..

And when Terry was with the Hawks, the team was winning 32 to 37 games...However, that's not good enough when he was here...

JT is the fourth best player on the Mavs, behind Dirk, Josh Howard and Stackhouse...

Josh Howard is the one who had emerged over the last couple of years and is a more consistent player than JT..

"And when Terry was with the Hawks, the team was winning 32 to 37 games...However, that's not good enough when he was here..."

That was when terry was the number one option on that team. If he came back he would be a 2nd or 3rd option and would be more of a complimentary scorer. I think terry and joe would be the 2 leaders on this team that could take us to the next level. What could we possibly trade to get him back

Quote:

... What could we possibly trade to get him back

You hit that one on the button nct...we really only have two players that any team would be interested in for a trade for a guy at JT's (current) level...JJ or JS...and we can't afford to part with either of them. munching_out.gif

P.S. - Maybe JC or Marvin of course.