• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

How will your outlook change with the lotto result

CBAreject

Quote:

We passed over Josh Howard to reach for Boris "$45 Million outta Phoenix's pockets" Diaw. I said it was a mistake then and I will continue to do so....

Boris Diaw is still playing basketball...I would not be surprised to see him do something special in the playoffs. detective.gif

Quote:

I think you are asking if you think getting a pick will have changed your outlook on if we should have tanked more or less or whatever.

It makes no sense to talk about one's "outlook" on past decisions (e.g. tanking). That is hindsight. "Outlook" is your expectations for the future. This thread is about what you will think of our chances to succeed based on different draft outcomes.

Personally, I will be crestfallen if we don't get a top 3 pick. If we lose the 11th pick, I think we are in for another long season. If we draft Law 11th (or Crit), I will feel like we can be an 8th seed next year with little chance of going much farther. If we get a #3 pick, I will feel so-so about our chances to be a 45 win team next year. If we get a top 2 pick, I will feel that we have a very strong chance to be a contender in 2 years.

I'll chime in on this topic getting the first pick is a no brainer its Oden. The second pick is a no brainer Durant no way I trade the pick unless offered a heap of talent including a big man. I think Durant has the talent that will turn a fracnhise around in one year. Diesel posted about you can't build with young drafted players they need some guidance I think Durant has that special talent there won't be much of a learning curve for him and will impact right away.

The problem with BK's picks they have yet developed there talent to be worthy of the choices they were drafted at. Childress or Deng, Marvin or Deron or Paul ,Sheldon vs Roy now that we are 0-3 not very good. Now if the Hawks get the 3rd choice I might trade down since there is no clear cut big man and try to get something and then position to get Hibbert.Then with the 11th pick either use it to trade back up packaging childress,Sheldon or even marvin to get conley only if he is head and shoulders above the other point guards. If Conley is gone and law is available I take Law.Sure he isn't the passer like Conley but he reminds me alot of Billups a pressure player that still can do other things rebound, assist and has a good all around game.

Guest Walter

Quote:

Personally, I will be crestfallen if we don't get a top 3 pick. If we lose the 11th pick, I think we are in for another long season. If we draft Law 11th (or Crit), I will feel like we can be an 8th seed next year with little chance of going much farther. If we get a #3 pick, I will feel so-so about our chances to be a 45 win team next year. If we get a top 2 pick, I will feel that we have a very strong chance to be a contender in 2 years.

That's about how I would see it. The area with the most outcome lee-way is if we should win the 3rd pick. BK could more easily screw that up than get it right.

W

Guest Walter

Quote:

I disagree. I'll take Hibbert, Horford, or Noah over jack squat anyday.

I'm not certain what you are disagreeing with. But at 3 Noah and Hibbert would be mistakes. However, we don't need Horford. Likely better to trade the pick but to whom and for what...more importantly, can we trust BK with ANY of this critical thinking? We all should know the answer is no.

We can't afford any "just missed" worst of 3 prospect lottery picks anymore. We have a roster full of them. We need a triple at 11 and a homerun at 1, 2, or 3. No more singles or doubles when the fences are at little league depth (top 5 picks).

W