• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Would Brand and Miller make this team better?

Highpozt

The Clippers have expressed dissapointment in Andre Miller, and Elton Brand has a fat contract. (see why I think JT will be gone by tomorrow at end of post) They are losing and are about as desperate as the Hawks are in terms of getting fans and improving. Would a trade of JT and Shareef and maybe a 2nd round draft pick get Brand and Miller. I think the trade is fairly equal except that JT is going to look to get paid on this contract --- it may take a first round pick to even get the Clippers to listen. The advantage is that Elton plays defense better than Shareef --- Andre Miller gives you a bigger point guard that is indeed a true point guard. I like JT and SAR but the mix is not working. Big Dog is a tremendous mid range shooter but he needs to be set up and Andre Miller can do that. It is apparent to me when Stotts plays Dickau 30 minutes and JT for 26 then they are trying to see if they can function without JT. JT has recieved decreased minutes since Stotts has become coach. I don't think Stotts has improved this team one bit since Kruger left --- so his decision on JT is probably wrong, but at least show us Hawks fans you can get better or equal value. I expect JT to be in a trade package by tomorrow --- I hope we can get some ballers in return.

• Premium Member

I didn't know that Brand had a fat contract? I thought he was at the end of his rookie contract??

Anyway, The Clipps have been talking to the Jazz (supposedly)... Actually it makes sense. The Jazz would send Harpring, Kirlenko, and a 1st to LAC for Brand/Miller/Filler (most likely Rooks or somebody). I say it makes sense because if Malone decided to go after a championship... He can be replaced by Brand. Miller would fit in Utah like a glove. And Miller and Brand wouldbe the new Stockton/Malone. LAC can play Jaric at PG and play Harpring, Odom, and Wilcott or Ely.... Then use that #1 to get a C.

The point is that I don't think anybody knows what's going to happen in LAC because Sterling is so unpredictable.

To answer your question, yes, Miller/Brand would be good here. Brand is abetter rebounder/defender than Reef. Reef is a better offensive player than brand but that doesn't matter when you have miller and Grob.

You're right Brand is at the end of a small contract and will be looking for a big pay day/contract, and at his age I would consider it. He has proven he is a baller but actually it is Andre Miller who would make this deal attractive. I am a fan of JT and SAR but if the Hawks can get better they should. I just think we would keep our offense with the trade but we would improve our defense because Brand and Miller are better defenders. Of course the Clippers know this so we will probably have to include a draft pick. The Clippers upper management is unpredictable and they like the Hawks are looking for answers.

Of course us Hawks fans would love that deal, except for the fact that no one wants Crawford because he is injury prone. But you actually have presented a deal which may avoid us having to use a draft pick --- we would have to sweeten the deal with a better player such as Ira Newble. JT, SAR, Ira for Brand, Miller and Piatkowski. I question if Crawford is ever going to be a baller again. The Clipper also have been trying to get rid of the Candy Man --- Could we make a four man deal with Nazr straight up for Olawakandi. The Clippers want to get rid of his contract. We would be playing a dangerous money game with Brand and Candy Man needing to be resigned so maybe we trade for for five and add in Alan Henderson as a must take. That would at least allow us to sign Brand to a big deal. We will see in about 36 hours,

I don't care who you have at PG, Big Loaf will completely waste roster space until the SYSTEM changes. He plays well for certain systems. He is not someone you expect to elevate his play with better players around him.

Big Loaf is maxed out, and we have asked too much from him so far. He can't create in the least, but under this system he will always be in the situation to create. Doesn't matter who is at PG. Stotts will consistantly kill Loaf as long as the system remains intact.

Reef on the other hand, can thrive just by the change of personel. Put in a decent SG who can get an easy entry pass or makes people play him, so his man can't double Reef... and you add another quick 4 to the points per game. Plus, losing Big Loaf for anyone will improve our defense.

Play.

Does anyone know if Andre Miller has a no-trade clause in his contract? Because, if he does, I highly doubt the trade will go through because he was pretty excited about being traded to LA last summer, so he could care for his sick grandmother.

Though, I am in favor of Brand and Dre for Reef and JT.

No deal is going to make the Hawks better in the short term.

If you get Miller, then you have to get some shooting ability as well as some ability to create on your own around him. Some of you act like this guy is Jason Kidd when he is really no better than what Indiana has with Jamaal Tinsley.

I agree that maybe nothing makes this team better until we get a solid coach. However I think Miller ability to set up players in scoring position and his ability to penetrate and dish makes him better than Tinsley and a better asset to this team than JT. A couple of years ago I argued that JT was better than Andre Miller and I was comparing to players who offer totally different things to the game. JT is a scorer and Miller is a point guard. I just think at 6'4" and over 200 pounds he is a more physical defender and his ability to set up players will pay dividends particularly for Big Dog. The problem is we would not have a solid three point threat. I still think with a decent coach this team would contend in the East.