• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Which teams out there would take Durant over Oden?

DavidSomerset

Quote:

If they got the #1 pick?

Milwaukee and Boston are the only two that I see that as even a possibility...And who knows for sure if they would actually pass on Oden...What do yall think?

Any team that does that should forfeit their franchise.

Big men are so hard to come by these days. The league is so weak on big men that a backup C from the Pistons was paid a max contract to go to Utah.

Here in Greg Oden there is a 19 year old guy with David Robinson potential.

Why in the hell would you pass up on something like that?

A Kevin Durant is a dime a dozen compared to Greg Oden and what Oden brings defensively has been proven to be a pretty good formula for success in the post-season.

Quote:

Quote:

If they got the #1 pick?

Milwaukee and Boston are the only two that I see that as even a possibility...And who knows for sure if they would actually pass on Oden...What do yall think?

Any team that does that should forfeit their franchise.

Big men are so hard to come by these days. The league is so weak on big men that a backup C from the Pistons was paid a max contract to go to Utah.

Here in Greg Oden there is a 19 year old guy with David Robinson potential.

Why in the hell would you pass up on something like that?

A Kevin Durant is a dime a dozen compared to Greg Oden and what Oden brings defensively has been proven to be a pretty good formula for success in the post-season.

I guess it's a question of whether you want David Robinson potential or Kevin Garnett potential (with a 3 point shot).

Quote:

I guess it's a question of whether you want David Robinson potential or Kevin Garnett potential (with a 3 point shot).

I don't think Durant has a post-up game like Garnett. I think the Dirk/McGrady hybrid comparisons are more accurate. Garnett is also a better interior defender.

I think the Garnett comparisons are only being made because of the name Kevin. Their game isn't that similar if you really look at them.

Durant's game is much more perimeter oriented.

Quote:

Quote:

I don't think Durant has a post-up game like Garnett. I think the Dirk/McGrady hybrid comparisons are more accurate. Garnett is also a better interior defender.

I think the Garnett comparisons are only being made because of the name Kevin. Their game isn't that similar if you really look at them.

Durant's game is much more perimeter oriented.

'

You're right...I guess, then, it's a question of whether you want David Robinson potential, or a 3 inches taller version of Kobe Bryant potential.

Quote:

You're right...I guess, then, it's a question of whether you want David Robinson potential, or a 3 inches taller version of Kobe Bryant potential.

You know I've never seen anyone that's compared to Kobe. They always compare prospects to McGrady.

I think the McGrady/Nowitzki are more appropriate than Kobe because Durant dribbles and shoots well for his height like those two forwards.

But if you compared him to Kobe that's a whole different story. Kobe is a guard. And not just any guard, he's arguably the 2nd best guard of all time. Kobe has elite ball handling and shooting ability

Those ridiculous reverse jams and fall away jumpers puts Kobe in his own category.

If there was a 3 inch taller version of him, that guy would score 50 points per game.

Quote:

Quote:

You know I've never seen anyone that's compared to Kobe. They always compare prospects to McGrady.

I think the McGrady/Nowitzki are more appropriate than Kobe because Durant dribbles and shoots well for his height like those two forwards.

But if you compared him to Kobe that's a whole different story. Kobe is a guard. And not just any guard, he's arguably the 2nd best guard of all time. Kobe has elite ball handling and shooting ability

Those ridiculous reverse jams and fall away jumpers puts Kobe in his own category.

If there was a 3 inch taller version of him, that guy would score 50 points per game.

Yea, many players are compared to McGrady because he is a poor man's version of Kobe...He's just a little bit worse in every aspect of the game... some more than others (defense, particularly).

Durant had the best freshman year for any player in the HISTORY OF COLLEGE BASKETBALL...He is going places...He's 6'10, got the handles of a PG, TONS of range on his shot, and heck the guy can rebound like crazy.

Needs to work on defense, but that's about it.

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

I don't think as much of Kobe as you do but I think that is a very interesting observaion about how many prospects are compared to McGrady and how rarely any are compared to Kobe. Interesting food for thought.

• Moderators

Quote:

just wondering what would you guys think if we get the number and take durant?

I would be pissed if we passed on Oden but estatic to end up with either Oden or Durant at the end of the day. So pissed but at least pissed and excited.

that would be funny..

Stern- and with the first pick of the draft, the Boston Celtics will select...Kevin Durant our of University of Texas...wait, hold just a moment...we have notice here that ownership has just forfeited it's franchise..the pick will fall to the next team and danny ainge will be sent to a mexican jail. The Hawks are next on the clock.

"Durant had the best freshman year for any player in the HISTORY OF COLLEGE BASKETBALL."

Its a shame Pete Maravich couldnt play his freshman year. No one would ever come close to what he would of done. Im sure he would have averaged 40 his freshman year as well.

Quote:

that would be funny..

Stern- and with the first pick of the draft, the Boston Celtics will select...Kevin Durant our of University of Texas...wait, hold just a moment...we have notice here that ownership has just forfeited it's franchise..the pick will fall to the next team and danny ainge will be sent to a mexican jail. The Hawks are next on the clock.

ROFLMAO

Quote:

"Durant had the best freshman year for any player in the HISTORY OF COLLEGE BASKETBALL."

Its a shame Pete Maravich couldnt play his freshman year. No one would ever come close to what he would of done. Im sure he would have averaged 40 his freshman year as well.

Also a shame the likes of Kobe, Lebron, etc never graced a college floor.

Im not trying to take too much away from Durant's year but I highly doubt he would reign supreme in a year of school over those guys.

Heck you never know, Dwight Howard could have looked nastier than Oden.

Quote:

I think Durant should be the #1 pick. He's the best player in the draft. Oden has some work to do before he gets up to a star level.

To each his own, but that decision would not be very wise as a NBA GM.

Durant is a better SCORER. Interior defense and rebounding wins championships and Oden is by far the best interior defender in this draft and has potential to be one of the best defenders of all-time.

It's a whole lot easier to find a scorer than a big like Oden.