#3 gives us options..

falc82

Take Hibbert first and then Conley? Or the other way around? Or trade the pick?

We have options now that we have 2 lottery picks and that is the most important thing. I think that the best option is to try our hardest to trade into the #1 spot. I doubt the Blazers are looking to trade out, but they could use a SF and with Randolph and Aldridge already on board they could consider trading the pick to us. Some package along the lines of Marvin, #3, and #11 (or future first with protection). I'm not sure if they'd jump on this trade, but it will take a lot to pry away the number one overall pick in this draft.

Well I beleive that #11 is too low for either Hibbert or Conley. But I think that you'll get a better point at 11 than you will a big man. So you get Hibbert at #3 and Law/Critt at #11 (don't beleive Conley will be there).

I would love to trade up to Portland and get Oden but throwing Marvin in there might be too much. I could definitely see a situation where we trade #3 and Childress. If Portland plays Aldridge at the center position and Randolph at the PF position and Roy at the SG, then Chill could work for them at the 3 (again i'd rather give up chills than marvin). But i'm not sure if that's enough for them.

Unfortunately I can see them more of trading down to Seattle than us and putting Durant as their SF before they'd trade with us. I will say that if BK can pull some trade to get Oden without giving up too much, he'd redeem himself.

Now if we do go with the first option of drafting a point AND a big man, I would like to trade down on the first pick a couple slots and get a big man and if Conley falls a bit, trade up to get him from the 11.

So many options.

Quote:

Well I beleive that #11 is too low for either Hibbert or Conley. But I think that you'll get a better point at 11 than you will a big man.

You also get a better point at 3 than you will a big man. Let's get the best PG / C we can get, period. That man is Conley. This isn't a sport where 2 pretty good players are as good as one really good players. There are only 5 guys on the floor and we need the best we can get. If we really adress one position or the other, we're well on our way.

No way PTL trades Oden for our entire team! He is the perfect pick for them. Just what they need. But remember they picked Sam Bowie and "bad knees" Walton.

I'm thrilled that we got #3 and #11. Hopefully Billy won't screw it up.

• Moderators

Quote:

I would love to trade up to Portland and get Oden but throwing Marvin in there might be too much.

I like Marvin but I think Portland would laugh in our face if we offered the #3 pick and Marvin for the #1.

Frankly, I think they would turn down the #3, #11, Marvin and Shelden for the #1.

You don't trade a franchise center for a bunch of good starters.

• Moderators

Quote:

I was just listening to the ESPN broadcast. Kevin Pritchard? (I think it was) of the Blazers said he thinks it is extremely unlikely that they would trade the pick, due to the nature of the two players being drafted.

That should be obvious. The gulf between #1 or #2 and #3 is bigger than the gap between the #3 and #11 picks.

If we had the #1 overall pick would we trade it for Ben Gordon, Tyrus Thomas, #3 and #11? Hell no.