• Current Donation Goals

• Raised 390.00 USD of 700.00 USD target

Let me explain why we shouldn't come near Noah...

DavidSomerset

I see some people talking about how he would be a "steal" at 11 if he is there, and how he brings so much "energy" and "leadership"...That is crap.

The fact of the matter is that he is a weak, weak PF.

Here are the problems with that:

1. We don't need a power forward...We need a center and a point guard.

2. There is NO WAY he can cover PF's in the NBA...I've watched him get pushed around by the 6'4 Dane Bradshaw from Tennessee when they manned up on one another 4 times over the past two years.

3. He is going to be an AWFUL NBA player...Will not be able to play consistent defense, lord knows he cannot score on NBA PF's.

Sure, he was on a great team in college, and as a TEAM they put together two very good years...But he is going to be a very sub-par pro.

And aside from all that, WE DON'T NEED A POWER FORWARD.

If we use the 3 and 11 picks on anything other than PG and C, this draft is a complete and utter failure.

I think he will be a good rebounder, good help defender, average man defender, and good on the break. All being said, he would be just a role player for us, and there is a good chance that we could pick a potential starter even at 11, so we should go with that. PG/C or C/PG.

Quote:

I think he will be a good rebounder, good help defender, average man defender, and good on the break. All being said, he would be just a role player for us, and there is a good chance that we could pick a potential starter even at 11, so we should go with that. PG/C or C/PG.

IMO,

He will be an average rebounder, good help defender, TERRIBLE man defender (no way he can man up with NBA PF's), and good on the break.

He would be a complete waste of a high first round pick.

last year for me was sheldon williams. should have taken roy.

this year it better not be noah. i know he is more athletic than williams but he is a role player. we don't need more role players on this team. he also does alot of the same things Josh Smith does. Block shots, rebound.

I still say go wright with the no 3 pick and then take the best available point guard at 11. we could end up with a superstar and a solid pg and in the long run be a much better team.

Quote:

Noah will go before 11. Watch. The one guy I really don't want now after some thinking is Hibbert. I have doubts about his athleticism and his rebounding. The ONE guy I didn't want at all last year was Shelden.

So, get ready for Hibbert.

Hibbert is pretty good actually. His numbers don't show how good he is because of the way G-town plays. They play at a very slow pace. Plus they have Hibbert in the high post a lot, sometimes even at the top of the key receiving passes (don't ask me why). and third the other teams are obviously going to try to pull Hibbert away from the basket on defense.

I watched him several times late in the year and i think he would probably be the best pick at 3. He looks more athletic than he gets credit for. He has a legit post game and is a good defender. And he can make his foul shots.

Quote:

...And he can make his foul shots.

The times I watched him I didn't pay attention to that - it's good to know.

I do agree with Las to a degree that his desire is a gamble, but I would insert that he improved in strength a lot this last year - he comes from a pedigree to live up to. I would gamble on him before others - and he is 7"+ which is hard to teach.

Let's face it - we aren't going to the Eastern Conference finals next year. There is absolutely nothing wrong with us having a 7-2 center developing in the league. Zaza isn't going to grow.

I guess we have to wait to see how he performs in pre-draft assessments. If he shows better athleticism than he's given credit for, take him at 3. If not, see if he is there at 11.

I just think we have a better chance at getting a good pg at 11 than a good C at 11.