• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Let's keep this simple.

bfwolf

Quote:

A friend of mine said that Conelly's Dad was the Con that broke Bob Beamon's record in the long jump (Mexico City) and (of course) was a sprinter to boot....

Is this true or was I just getting taken for a ride...
detective.gif

Yes it's true.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

What is wrong with having 4 forwards on your team that don't cost you anything while you try to determine the best 2. Once you determine the best 2, then the others can be trade bait for the right deal in the off season!

There is nothing wrong with having 4 forwards on the team, battling for the two starting spots. I'm hoping that Billy Knight understands that.

Brandon Wright playing Center is nuts. He needs to put on 20 pounds just to have a PF body. Now, that's not unusual...a lot of very talented college guys need to put on some weight, and that's usually not a reason not to take them, but Brandon Wright needs to put on the weight to be a PF, there's no amount of weight he can put on to be a Center.

Again, Oden is the ONLY Center in this draft worth taking. Hawes is a backup. Noah is not a true Center. For us to have a good draft, we HAVE to make a trade. Ending up with Conley/Law and Noah/Hawes is not a good solution.

Quote:

Quote:

What is wrong with having 4 forwards on your team that don't cost you anything while you try to determine the best 2. Once you determine the best 2, then the others can be trade bait for the right deal in the off season!

There is nothing wrong with having 4 forwards on the team, battling for the two starting spots. I'm hoping that Billy Knight understands that.

That is nuts. WE ALREADY HAVE 4 FORWARDS BATTLING FOR 2 SPOTS, Childress, Marvin, Smith and Shelden. Now you want to add a 5th?

smack.gif

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

That is nuts. WE ALREADY HAVE 4 FORWARDS BATTLING FOR 2 SPOTS, Childress, Marvin, Smith and Shelden. Now you want to add a 5th?

smack.gif

Really it is not nuts. Either the power forward or the center needs to be replaced. Which one is easier to replace for the long haul.

• Premium Member

Quote:

smack.gif

Don't play Childress at forward then! Just play him in the back court! Plus we only have one true power forward on the team so Childress doesn't factor into us selecting a power forward

Quote:

Quote:

smack.gif

Don't play Childress at forward then! Just play him in the back court! Plus we only have one true power forward on the team so Childress doesn't factor into us selecting a power forward

Playing him at the point is a big reason we can't win games. And he won't get a lot of minutes at the 2 when JJ is healthy.

You want to draft another forward so we can play even more players out of position. That is just plain dumb.

Quote:

Either the power forward or the center needs to be replaced.

Our pf is the second best player on the team and just had a breakout season.

Our center Zaza isn't great but center is the hardest position to fill and Zaza is the only player we have with decent size. Plus went don't need to replace him. We just need to add another center.

Here is a better idea. Let's use the 3rd pick on a player we need rather than waste it on another project forward who will just be riding the pine.

Quote:

Quote:

Either the power forward or the center needs to be replaced.

Our pf is the second best player on the team and just had a breakout season.

Our center Zaza isn't great but center is the hardest position to fill and Zaza is the only player we have with decent size. Plus went don't need to replace him. We just need to add another center.

Here is a better idea. Let's use the 3rd pick on a player we need rather than waste it on another project forward who will just be riding the pine.

Like the project point guard everybody believes we should take with the #3 pick? GTFOH. The Hawks will be a bad defensive team, as long as they continue to have an undersized 4 and an undersized 5. Billy Knight created this masterpiece, and unfortunately they are going to have to piss some people off in order to fix it.

Quote:

Like the project point guard everybody believes we should take with the #3 pick? GTFOH.

WTF are you talking about? Conley isn't even remotely a project player. He has already shown advanced ball handling/decision making skills needed at the point. He is already a very strong defender. The only thing questionable about him is his shot and a lot of NBA pgs have shaky jumpers.

Yi and Wright are the project players. yi can't defend the 4 or the 3 and has no left hand. Wright will get pushed around like a rag doll inside and he has no perimeter game at all.

Quote:

WTF are you talking about? Conley isn't even remotely a project player. He has already shown advanced ball handling/decision making skills needed at the point. He is already a very strong defender. The only thing questionable about him is his shot and a lot of NBA pgs have shaky jumpers.

Actually he is a project player, simply because he is a point guard coming into the NBA. It's the hardest position to learn, ask Chauncey Billups or Kenny Anderson. He has "good" ballhandling skills, and with the Hawks he would be an average defender. In the NBA, great on the ball defenders are rare, because of the rules against handchecking. With Smith being the only shotblocker on the court, I doubt he will be a very "strong defender".

Quote:

Yi and Wright are the project players. yi can't defend the 4 or the 3 and has no left hand. Wright will get pushed around like a rag doll inside and he has no perimeter game at all.

Yi simply needs to get stronger. Instead of focusing on the negatives, all of which can be worked on, I tend to focus on the things I like. I like his footwork, his ability to fade away at 7 feet (making his shot virtually unblockable), and his ability to put the ball on the floor. I also like the fact that he has legitimate power forward size, and as far as defense is concerned, most rookie big men are poor defenders. It can be taught.

• Premium Member

Quote:

You want to draft another forward so we can play even more players out of position. That is just plain dumb.

How does drafting a power forward and playing him at power forward lead to playing more players out of position?

Quote:

Quote:

How does drafting a power forward and playing him at power forward lead to playing more players out of position?

I guess because the Phoenix Suns get away with a small lineup, everyone should be able to do it. It doesn't matter that the Hawks are undersized at the 4 and 5, and outside of Smooth and Solo, unathletic at the 4 and 5.

Quote:

Quote:

Did you already forget posting about playing Childress in the backcourt? Sheesh.

And in case you have already forgotten our second best player is at pf.

Quote:

Instead of focusing on the negatives, all of which can be worked on, I tend to focus on the things I like. I like his footwork, his ability to fade away at 7 feet (making his shot virtually unblockable), and his ability to put the ball on the floor.

And how many of his games have you seen?

*crickets*

There is absolutely no way that Yi is a better 4 than Smith. He wouldn't get off the pine.

I don't think Wright is guaranteed to be better than Smith as a PF. They're the same height, Wright's longer, Smith's got the higher vert. Wright has the jump hook, but both are relatively raw in the post. They both depend on athleticism and physical qualities to score inside, and both do a pretty good job. Neither is a great post defender, but Smith's already filled out a lot, and Wright's a stick. Smith's obviously an incredible shot blocker. Wright can't put the ball on the floor yet and has no jumpshot, Smith's streaky for sure (at both), but he's much much more of a playmaker. He's also a great passer for a SF/PF at his age.

If Brandan were 6'11" and did the things he does, I'd be singing a different tune, but as a huge UNC fan and a huge Brandan Wright fan I feel like I know him too well to think that he would bring us anything we don't already have in our stable of forwards.

Wright was my second favorite player this year, right along with Lawson, but I don't think he's a franchise changer. I think he's a great asset on a team that needs a low post scoring power forward. We need a center and a PG more than we need that.

Quote:

Brandon Wright playing Center is nuts. He needs to put on 20 pounds just to have a PF body. Now, that's not unusual...a lot of very talented college guys need to put on some weight, and that's usually not a reason not to take them, but Brandon Wright needs to put on the weight to be a PF, there's no amount of weight he can put on to be a Center.

Again, Oden is the ONLY Center in this draft worth taking. Hawes is a backup. Noah is not a true Center. For us to have a good draft, we HAVE to make a trade. Ending up with Conley/Law and Noah/Hawes is not a good solution.

Guess what?

There is no proven "TRUE CENTER" that will be available for trade.

That's why we either have to make due what we have on our team or use our draft picks.

To say Oden is the only player in this draft capable of playing Center is ridiculous. This isn't 1980 or even 1990.

Contrary to popular belief you don't need a 7'1 280 pound guy with all the moves of Hakeem Olajuwon at Center anymore.

You just need someone capable of holding their own defensively. And Joakim Noah is more than capable of doing that. At least a helluva lot more than Zaza Pachulia.

OMFG what a bunch of retard fans. Who the [censored] wants to draft ANOTHER forward? Are you [censored] serious?

ANOTHER Forward? Drafting Marvin was overdrafting the forward position. Drafting Shelden gave us an astonishing surplus of forwards. Now y'all want to draft ANOTHER? BK has done his damage to this team, but now it's carrying down to the fans.

I suppose all y'all are happy with BK being the GM too, right?

Quote:

No they aren't, as the combine will show. And quickness doesn't matter if they can't shoot, right? If they can't shoot they aren't ready to play.

You're out your mind. Ray Felton was one of the fastest PGs in the nation a few years ago. No way in hell Conley is that fast. Not with a basketball in his hands anyway. Tony Parker is the same way. Are you watching how Tony Parker completely blows by defenders? TJ Ford is another guy with another gear. Mike Conley may be the same height as him but no way does he have the wheels of those guys.

You're dellusional if you think he does. The only PG in the nation that is as fast as those guys is Ty Lawson.

Quote:

In other words Crit commits ALMOST TWICE AS MANY turnovers as Conley.

I think the fact that Conley only averaged 0.3 more assists with Greg Oden on this team is even less impressive than Crittenton turning the ball over on a couple more possessions per game.

Quote:

Who has him rated higher than Conley other than a couple of HS posters?

Out of high school Javaris Crittenton was a higher ranked prospect and even still it's very clear he has more upside.

I don't think someone can be considered dumb for pointing out the obvious.