• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Laughable trade proposal: POR - ATL

joannes3000

I almost spit out my drink when I heard this on local radio today. The Blazers want to trade for Marvin Williams and our #3 pick. The idea is that they solve their need for a SF with Williams (not bad) and they can draft Oden and Conley (Oden yes, Conley, not so much).

Here's where it gets good.

In return we would get Zach Randolph and Jarrett Jack. uglyhammer.gif There may have been more to the trade but I stopped paying attention at that point. First off, in order for us to even think of absorbing Randolph's contract, they would have to take back Lorenzen's contract at the very least.

I'm not nearly a big enough Randolph fan to think that giving up the #3 pick for his ridiculous contract makes any amount of sense. Not to mention the thought of how much more trouble he would get into once he gets a taste of real nightlife in ATL compared to what it's like here in the NW.

Quote:

I almost spit out my drink when I heard this on local radio today. The Blazers want to trade for Marvin Williams and our #3 pick. The idea is that they solve their need for a SF with Williams (not bad) and they can draft Oden and Conley (Oden yes, Conley, not so much).

Here's where it gets good.

In return we would get Zach Randolph and Jarrett Jack.
uglyhammer.gif
There may have been more to the trade but I stopped paying attention at that point. First off, in order for us to even think of absorbing Randolph's contract, they would have to take back Lorenzen's contract at the very least.

I'm not nearly a big enough Randolph fan to think that giving up the #3 pick for his ridiculous contract makes any amount of sense. Not to mention the thought of how much more trouble he would get into once he gets a taste of real nightlife in ATL compared to what it's like here in the NW.

That is crazy. That is like trading:

Trade Marvin for Jack

Trade #3 (Conley) for Randolph who is over paid and plays defense like Al Harrington, not ot mention he has been arrested like 7 or 8 times.

Crazy trade. Potland fans must be drunks if they see this as a possibility.

Quote:

They really want to dump Randolph. They should pay US to take him.

Exactly. To update the Randolph bit of this thread, the talking heads here were yapping up a storm about trade scenarios that would land Kobe in Portland. To follow with the theme of offering garbage to other teams, the typical trade goes down as follows:

Randolph, Roy/Aldridge, #1 pick next year or a bunch of #2 picks in the next few years for Kobe.

The best (ridiculous) suggestion I heard centered around Randolph, Martell Webster, and some other garbage for Kobe.

And regarding the POR - ATL rumor, Blazers GM Kevin Pritchard was said to have contacted the Hawks about the #3 pick. I guess we responded with what he considered an obsurd offer and the talks were dead at that point. I think by absurd, it probably means we didn't want Randolph, a 2nd round pick, and two packs of Peanut M+Ms for the #3 pick. Pritchard was also talking with the assistant GMs for the Mavs and Sonics at the pre-draft camp in Orlando (presumably regarding Josh Howard and Rashard Lewis).