• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Thinking like Pete....

SWOLEHAWK

I just don't see how that improves or "puts us over the top."

I honestly don't know what Babs is thinking. We have great talent but its hard to see what position any of them will play. I think he is going after a SF and for THIS year they will play DD behind JT and worry about that potential problem next year. Two picks(1st's) and JT or DD would bring in a good player or 2.

Anyway, back to the SF, I am scared to death that Babs has already worked a deal with Detroit to get Prince. It just seems suspicious that they picked him up with that #23 and the rumors that they had re-offered the pick to the Hawks. I know that would make many of our Squawkers happy but not me. I hope I'm wrong about us getting him.

I'm not sure who we might get. I'd love Odom.

Midseason Trade(assuming DD is for real)

Jt/filler/picks for Odom/filler

JT would fit good with the Clipps and I don't think he'll want the Max so Sterling might go for it. This guy apparently just doesn't want to put up the big bucks.

Posey would play SF he is 6'8 215....I think he avg. about 11 points last year and he plays tough D. Pete said he wants to get somebody in that will improve team D and contribute a little offensively....that would be an extemely athletic line-up.

JT

DJ

Posey

SAR

Theo

Who knows...just ready to hear who we have contacted!

instead of Cal. I just KNEW he was going to take Posey and when he took Cal, saying I was pissed is an understatement. That being said, I think Posey would be a nice acquisition for the right price. The question is, what do we have that Denver wants?

He was the Atlantic 10 Defensive Player of The Year in college. He's not a great shooter (he's okay) but he earns his money with his D and his versatility. He is more athletic than Ira and a little taller (6'8"). Pretty good ballhandler and passer (he has actually played a little PG for Denver at times over the last few years in Van Exel's absence). I see him as a being very similar to Devean George but George is a better long range shooter now. It's funny because Posey really shot well from 3 point range as a rookie but his percentage has dropped each of the last few years. Before the season started, I think Posey was CLEARLY better than George but I don't know about now. George really came on this past year and I think he is more coveted than Posey is, particulalry due to his championship experience. I would not consider Posey to be the final piece of the puzzle by any stretch of the imagination but he would fit well on this team and he has the characteristics that Babs said he was looking for (strong perimeter defender with size). I wouldn't give up the farm to get him but if he came at a reasonable price, I'd take him. I think Denver is trying to clear capspace so it would likely take a 3-way deal where they got an ending contract from someone else and a pick from us while we sent a player elsewhere.

Posey--- 6'8" 215

DJ--- 6'9" 201 (listed weight on NBA.com)

216 with his new added muscle

Posey--- 10.7ppg, 5.9reb, 2.5apg, and 30.7min a game

DJ--- 8.4ppg, 3.4reb, 1.1apg, and 24.0min a game

Posey--- FG% .376, FT% .793, 3P% .283

DJ------ FG% .396, FT% .810, 3P% .360

Also, didn't DJ earn more playing time last year by playing kick a** D and providing sparks when he came off the bench.

DJ is younger too.

Someone please explain why Posey would be a good fit when we already have DJ.

I don't know if I would look at that as being the missing piece to the puzzle for making the playoffs THIS year but I would think it would bode well for us in the very near future. To me, that would be something like acquiring a young unproven guy with upside like Jonathan Bender. I would LOVE to bring in Bender and try him at SF/PF next year. He is developing even slower than DJ but I think he has a chance to be a very good player and I'd take a chance on him if the price was right.

Regarding Posey, I think he is more physically mature than DJ and he has more game experience than DJ so I wouldn't consider bringing him the same as bringing in an unproven guy. I think Posey would DEFINITELY be a solid contributor right away. As far as him being the missing piece, I don't know if we have what it takes to get that missing piece. To me, that missing piece is an All Star caliber SF (or SG) who can score. How in the world are we going to get that without giving up JT, Reef, Theo or DJ? If Babs pulls it off, he will be my hero forever!

I too believe POSEY would be a nice addition to the hawks.

He was improving like JASON TERRY and for a while they pretty much had equal trade value.

But now i believe Terry has more trade value.

Posey would be a nice addition, but i too think one DJ is good enough. But if a good situation came up we gotta take it!

Posey and DJ are really not all that similiar in their games. Posey is a better ball handler and has better man on man skills than DJ does. They are both very tough in your face defenders, with DJ having the advantage of being longer and quicker. DJ is a better shooter from long range and Posey is better at getting to the rack. Having Posey at SF would be great for us and I would love to get him. Its like the Kings saying why do we need Turk and Peja, since they are seemingly alike at first glance, but really they are quite different players......I am sure you wont find any Kings fans unhappy that they have both of them though.

Posey is that big slasher we are missing...Dion is fairly good at it....but I would rather have 6'8 215 slashing...only knock really is his range...he could stand to improve his shooting. Really don't think we need a big time scorer a SF.....because if DJ is ever going to develop as our third option....we have to start running plays for him this year!

We need a guy that can knock down the midrange jumper, can attack the rim and get to the free throw line from the SF position. With Reef and Theo taking care of business down low, and DJ and JT knocking down everything from outside, we desperately need that guy that can transition our game from inside out and vice versa. Posey is a quality player and a good character guy, plus he plays very good defense. Playing for Denver his talent likely isnt being fully utilized either.

POSEY’S DAYS ARE NUMBERED It is a matter of time before James Posey is dealt. Word is he and his agent have discussed his future in Denver with Nuggets GM Kiki Vandeweghe, and that’s going to be tied to extension talks this summer. Posey is eligible for an extension and would love to stay in Denver, the problem is Denver is looking to re-shape the roster next summer, and Posey may not fit those plans - Kiki isn't talking beyond this season. Posey’s agent said prior to the draft he didn’t get the indication that his client was going to be traded, but league sources say a number of teams are looking at Posey as an option, and may be willing to trade ending contracts and draft picks to get him, and thats exactly what Denver seems to be collecting