• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

If no trade, draft B. Wright at #3, Critt at #11

lush23

Priority One: Trade for Gasol or L. Aldridge

If we can't trade for either, I think we should draft Brandon Wright. I know he is not a center but he could be something special and we can't pass on him. I think Sheldon can play center, especially in the east and Wright could play backup to Josh S. & Marvin.

I bet BK really likes Critt. because of his size and athleticism.

PG. Critt. Speedy

SG JJ Salim

C Zaza S. Williams

SF M. Will J. Chill

PF J. Smith B. Wright

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I want a workout with Crit, Law and Conley

I want a workout with BWright, Yi, Horford, Noah and Hawes

I want a workout with Brewer, Young, Thornton, JWright and Green

If only I could be there to watch. Workouts obviously don't say everything, though. Remember Jaywalker talking about how good Kirk Snyder looked in the 2004 draft?

Quote:

Yeah because he's Chinese he's automatically soft.

Please. This guy is nothing like Yao Ming.

Yao is soft, this guy is AMERICANIZED.

I didn't say because he was Chinese that he was soft. I said because he is Yi he is soft.

Quote:

One of Yi's strength is that he's mentally strong. He sure didn't look soft against team USA.

Everyone looked good against team USA this summer for the most part. Are we really using this as a basis of judging players? He's got plenty of film and scouting reports from his CBA season, and the majority say that on defense this guy is soft.

No one sees Yi as a center except for desparate Hawks fans. Yes, he's 7 feet tall, but he's a forward, not a center. He's basically in the same mold as Dirk or Bargnani.

And, in general, you can't reach for a 7-footer just because he happens to be 7 feet tall. If you do, you end up with Patrick O'Bryant in the top 10...and he sucks.

What I'm saying is this: Make sure you get players who can play. We would all have loved to get Greg Oden, but there are no other Greg Odens in this draft.

So either go for Connelly at 3 if you think he'll be a great PG, look to acquire someone like O'Neal or Gasol, or go with the best available big at 3 (even if he's a 6'9 PF like Wright or Horford or a 7-foot SF like Yi) and then look at Law or Critt with the 11 pick.

Quote:

No one sees Yi as a center except for desparate Hawks fans. Yes, he's 7 feet tall, but he's a forward, not a center. He's basically in the same mold as Dirk or Bargnani.

And, in general, you can't reach for a 7-footer just because he happens to be 7 feet tall. If you do, you end up with Patrick O'Bryant in the top 10...and he sucks.

What I'm saying is this: Make sure you get players who can play. We would all have loved to get Greg Oden, but there are no other Greg Odens in this draft.

So either go for Connelly at 3 if you think he'll be a great PG, look to acquire someone like O'Neal or Gasol, or go with the best available big at 3 (even if he's a 6'9 PF like Wright or Horford or a 7-foot SF like Yi) and then look at Law or Critt with the 11 pick.

No one sees Yi as a SMALL FORWARD except some HSers. Everyone else says he's a POWER FORWARD.

DO you people know the difference?

The same mold as Dirk and Bargnani?

Exactly the line of thinking IM talking about. The fact that he's international automatically measn he's Dirk or Bargnani right?

He doesn't take perimeter jumpshots even close to the amount of times these guys do. He has a tendency to attack the basket a whole lot more and he has the athleticism to do so a whole lot easier.

He is nothing like those guys who hang around the perimeter to shoot jumpers.

If Dirk played like Yi, with his shooting ability he would be more dominant in the NBA. But Dirk doesn't attack the basket like Yi. And Bargnani is just as bad with how few times he attacks the basket. Although Bargnani doesn't have Dirk's shooting ability he has more athleticism to do so.

But neither have the athleticism of Yi and neither attack the basket as often as Yi. Yi is nothing like them because of this.

Why can't you people understand this?

Yi is a POWER FORWARD.

And the 4 and 5 spots of today are dominated by POWER FORWARDS.

Im willing to bet Smoove could play the 5 and Yi could play the 4 and that frontcourt would be a helluva lot better than the one we had last year.

Quote:

Quote:

No one sees Yi as a SMALL FORWARD except some HSers. Everyone else says he's a POWER FORWARD.

DO you people know the difference?

The same mold as Dirk and Bargnani?

Exactly the line of thinking IM talking about. The fact that he's international automatically measn he's Dirk or Bargnani right?

He doesn't take perimeter jumpshots even close to the amount of times these guys do. He has a tendency to attack the basket a whole lot more and he has the athleticism to do so a whole lot easier.

He is nothing like those guys who hang around the perimeter to shoot jumpers.

If Dirk played like Yi, with his shooting ability he would be more dominant in the NBA. But Dirk doesn't attack the basket like Yi. And Bargnani is just as bad with how few times he attacks the basket. Although Bargnani doesn't have Dirk's shooting ability he has more athleticism to do so.

But neither have the athleticism of Yi and neither attack the basket as often as Yi. Yi is nothing like them because of this.

Why can't you people understand this?

Yi is a POWER FORWARD.

And the 4 and 5 spots of today are dominated by POWER FORWARDS.

Im willing to bet Smoove could play the 5 and Yi could play the 4 and that frontcourt would be a helluva lot better than the one we had last year.

he a modified PF from what I read, when I watch him I felt the same way but only seen him about 5 times. He not what this team needs, it wishful thinking, thinking he can play as a Center or PF, he like Josh Smith but much smarter, not what the Hawks need.

Quote:

he a modified PF from what I read, when I watch him I felt the same way but only seen him about 5 times. He not what this team needs, it wishful thinking, thinking he can play as a Center or PF, he like Josh Smith but much smarter, not what the Hawks need.

I agree. When I was saying he was soft I meant on the defensive end. I just don't think he holds his own on that end of the court. Offensively I bet he settles for more jumpers in the NBA than in the CBA. The big difference is going against 6'11"-7'0" PF/C's as opposed to 6'6-6'8 players in the CBA. Just a hunch.

Alright, Busboy. WHERE have you seen all these Yi tendencies? So, he plays a different brand than other international player? Where did you see all of these things?

I hope you aren't talking about his little Youtube montage. Maybe you can tell us all how you know so much about Yi's game.

Quote:

Alright, Busboy. WHERE have you seen all these Yi tendencies? So, he plays a different brand than other international player? Where did you see all of these things?

I hope you aren't talking about his little Youtube montage. Maybe you can tell us all how you know so much about Yi's game.

C'mon Texas. Don't be so hard on him. Don't you know he borrowed all the CBA game film on Yi from NCThompson11?

Yi, from everything I've read, is much closer to a SF than a C, especially in terms of his game. He'll probably play PF because of his height and the fact that he won't be able to guard a lot of SF's, but he's still a shooter who handles the ball well, not a center with a post-up game or an ability to protect the rim or rebound.