If no trade, draft B. Wright at #3, Critt at #11

lush23

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree 100% that Yi's game resembles that of a wing more than a Center BUT he did show post up game. He showed a fade away jumper on the baseline, an over and under pump fake move and the baby hook. Maybe he isn't the right fit for us but at least give him credit where he deserves. Could he defend the post against strong Pf/C? Probably not or he would be a consensus pick.

Jez, unfortunately too many people on this board link being a Center with having a low post game. There is the mistake.

What the Hawks need in a Center is a defensive presence in the paint. That is what many here mean when we say "Center". Teams that win titles know how to defend the paint. Yi can't do that. He is a SF with a few possible post moves.

This board has moaned for 2 years about having no great young PG and its about time that mess was cleaned up.

Quote:

Maybe you can tell us all how you know so much about Yi's game.

Cmon man, that's because he flew to China to do a scouting report for the Charlotte Bobcats!! Cmon TP, Yi at 3!! He can play center!!

Quote:

Priority One: Trade for Gasol or L. Aldridge

If we can't trade for either, I think we should draft Brandon Wright. I know he is not a center but he could be something special and we can't pass on him. I think Sheldon can play center, especially in the east and Wright could play backup to Josh S. & Marvin.

I bet BK really likes Critt. because of his size and athleticism.

PG. Critt. Speedy

SG JJ Salim

C Zaza S. Williams

SF M. Will J. Chill

PF J. Smith B. Wright

I now know why you named your self lush !

Draft 2 guys 19 year old, neither of whom are ready for the NBA and add them too the youngest team in the history of the league. Pure Genius !

I hear that Yi is the next Kareem but I'm just a little slow to understand it. Bus and NCT, is it true Yi has a nasty skyhook?

Bus has been touting our new Center for 3 days and I'm still waiting on his scouting report. I'm sure he isn't talking about the Youtube clips right? Maybe BK has shared some scoop with BB. Anyway, I want to know where he has gotten so much Yi inside scoop.

Well Bus is a little busy right now doing scouting reports for the NBA on Yi Jianlian. ncthompson (Bus's assistant) is just swamped with phonecalls asking for Bus's report on Yi's last workout in China. They are both pretty busy right now, but they should get back to us in a little while.

As of right now, Yi is the center of the future!! TP did you see that dunk by Yi?? ZOMG!!

"He's basically in the same mold as Dirk or Bargnani."

Why dont we want an mvp on our team? Because dirk is not black. I have never seen on here someone wanting a guy like steve nash who has won 2 mvps. Id take dirk any day on our team and if we had a chance to get a player just like him it would be foolish not to draft him.

There is only one true center in the lottery and that is greg oden. Guys like hawes,hortford, Yi, and noah, may not be the best fit for a center but they can play it. If we plan on drafting a "true" center it has to be in the late first round for aaron gray or kyle visser.

Im not putting Yi into durants league, but if we had a chance at a franchise player like durant we would take him without thinking twice, but Yi who could very well be one in a few years and can start right away, we dont want him.

And at #3 we have 2 options according to you guys. Draft a pg(conley) or trade it since there are no centers. At 11 what do we do? You guys say Hawes is not a true center and neither is noah.

Quote:

Yi who could very well be one in a few years and can start right away, we dont want him.

Yi could start right away? WTF? Do you really trust Woodson to develop a foreign prospect? He's the next hyped PROJECT that MIGHT turn into something. Nothing more. The guy was outplayed by Wang ZhiZhi all year, and you think he can come in and start?

Quote:

And at #3 we have 2 options according to you guys. Draft a pg(conley) or trade it since there are no centers. At 11 what do we do? You guys say Hawes is not a true center and neither is noah.

Noah and Hawes are more of true centers than Yi is. But I don't like any of them either, I'd rather draft Conley at #3 and package the #11 and one of our players for a better player to address need.

NC, you are touting a player you have never seen play a game. Not one game. Not that you would have any idea what you were watching, but at least you could say you saw him play a complete game. Not his good highlights.

What if someone put together his bad clips? You guys would have all written him off.

Bus, I'm still waiting on the evidence. What are you basing your opinion on? I hope its not Chad Ford or Youtube.

Are you going to share your sources?