TP, I'm waiting for a real Answer?

Diesel

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Premium Member

does anyone know the status of Jay Williams? We know he attempted a comeback last year. Did he still workout in attempts to get back to the league?

• Premium Member

No...

TP is really a scared dude. I asked a very simple question. Instead of answering the question, he tries to find ways to sidestep the question. What is he afraid of? I in no way see Yi being on Yao's level as a Center. I in no way equate Jay Williams to Conley as a PG... If he had just a regular set, he would have come out and answered the question the first time.. Instead, he's looking for?? Hell, I don't know what he's looking for... Right now, he's hiding behind Marvin's pants leg... afraid of the big bad diesel's question. And Marvin's watching Rugrats.

• Premium Member

That's what scared people do. When their position is logically attack, they revert to character assignation... Then they run, duck, and dodge...

I'm not even entering into the justification of Yi talk. There's really no need to. It can just as easily be Brendan Wright (betcha Pete wouldn't say anything if you brought up a tarhell at 3.)... The argument really happens when you look at the disparity between 11th picks if you reach for Conley at 3.

These guys are basically saying that Conley and Thadd Young is better for the Hawks than Yi and Law or Gasol and Law or even Wright and Law???

It's amazing.

Actually it's because you think Yi can play Center just because he's 7 feet tall. It has nothing to do with you wanting to draft Yi. If you truly think Yi is so much better a prospect than Conley, and you think the gap b/t Conley and Law/Crittenton is so small that you can afford to take Yi @ 3, than you can start there. But thinking Yi can play center is just flat dumb.

I didn't say I knew that much about basketball. I said that you don't know anything about basketball.

There is a difference.

Diesel, your mind is so devoid of logic that I can't play your games. I have zero interest in getting near your level. The fact is I could debate you under the table and tear your position to shreds but what fun is that? I watch people do that nearly every day.

Your the new pied piper to guys like Busboy, NCthompsn, oiatl, and nbasuperstar. You can be the rock star of that group. Maybe you can change your name to Yi-siel.

I have also stated that from videos I have seen and what I have read he has pretty good low post moves. And whats wrong with thinking a 7 footer can play center? You have to have height to play that position and he has that. I know yi would not be a banger down low or anything but he could play it for us better than what zaza or lo can do. Who do you want to draft as a big man pete and atlas? You have already said hawes is a PF along with hortford and yi is a SF.

Quote:

You have already said hawes is a PF

I have never said that.

Quote:

along with hortford and yi is a SF.

It's Horford, and I'd rather draft him with intentions to play him at center before I'd play Yi at center.

Quote:

You have to have height to play that position and he has that.

This is why TP calls you basketball dumb. You have no understanding of what it takes to be a center.

I said you have to have height. obviously there are other aspects but you cant put a 6'6 guy in the post. You can develop him into being a dominate center because of his height. Im not saying any 7'0 guy can just go out and be a great center but you obviously have to be open minded and think he could be center for your team. There is 1 true center in the draft and he is greg oden. The rest are guys who may not be perfect as a center but sometimes you have to play guys a little out of position and have a little versatility.

He is just not gonna give the Yi at Center stuff up. He keeps asking why I say his BB IQ is challenged...what else can I say?

NC, one more time. A mans height has nothing to do with his position. There can sometimes be a correlation. But, not all 7 footers can play in the post. Yi is not a center anymore than Marvin or Chill are.

I sense this is not getting through but I wanted to try one more time. I'm not the only one here that knows Yi cant play Center.

how many charles barkleys are we ever going to see? proboaly not ever again. I never said Yi had to play center or anything I was just suggesting it would be a good pick and he could develop into a good big man. I dont think I ever said yi was a center or would be great at it, i just said he had some height and could be used to his full advantage if he was used at center.

"I sense this is not getting through but I wanted to try one more time. I'm not the only one here that knows Yi cant play Center."

How do you know if youve never seen him play? The same thing you say to me because I think he can play center.

Im just going to leave this subject alone because obviously we dont feel the same way about yi and we will only have to wait and see. If he turns out being a center or not he will be a great player in this league and it would be a mistake to pass on him regardless of position. We would do the same for durant.