• Raised $390 of $700 target

If Grizzlies want Randolph......great trade for us

elyiye

Atlanta trades : pick 3 (Conley), speedy, Childress(or Shelden), Lo

Portland trades: Jach, Randolph

Memphis trades: Gasol

Atlanta gets: Jack, Gasol

Portland gets: Conley Jr., speedy, Lo

Memphis gets: Randolph, Childress (or Shelden)

Great trade or i am crazy??

I would NOT put Shelden in that trade though and I would be hesitant to include Childress, but I would definitely consider the trade.

Personally I would rather have Aldridge and Jack, but Gasol and Jack would be pretty damn nice too.

I'm not sure that Gasol is enough of an upgrade over Aldridge (if he even is at all considering age) to include Speedy, Lo, and Childress.

Great trade, if Memphis does indeed value Randolph. I like it from Portland's end because it seems they would like to get rid of Randolph, plus they get a veteran PG to bring Conley along. Craig is not complete garbage, just paid a little too much.

From our end it's a killer deal, since we get away from our worst two contracts (craig and lo), deal from a position of strength (SF) with Childress, and get back the star big player and steady point. Solves the SF logjam. Salary-cap friendly - now we would only need to resign Smoove this year (not Childress too).

The more I think about it, the more I realize Childress has to go, not because I don't like him, but because his value is as high as its going to be, he's in the last year of his rookie deal, and we have roster holes that he can help address in trade. He would be a great piece to have if our roster was complete, but alas, its not.

If we could somehow do this deal, we could draft BPA at #11, which could be a project big (Noah/Hawes) or a versatile forward to groom (Thornton, Thad, Brewer, Green). I would maybe choose Thornton because all of a sudden we would need a backup SF.

That would be a darn good 12 man team, with quality backups at every spot:

Jack/JJ/Marvin/Smoove/Gasol

bench: Lue/AJ/Salim/Shelden/Solo/Zaza/Thornton

Quote:

Atlanta trades : pick 3 (Conley), speedy, Childress(or Shelden), Lo

Portland trades: Jach, Randolph

Memphis trades: Gasol

Atlanta gets: Jack, Gasol

Portland gets: Conley Jr., speedy, Lo

Memphis gets: Randolph, Childress (or Shelden)

Great trade or i am crazy??

Memphis would have to give up more to make the salaries match.The answer to your question is that it sounds like a "good" trade if Gasol has no long term problems from his health issues last season and does not replace those of "Speedy Recovery" Claxton so you still might be certifiably clinically "crazy".