• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Josh Smith trade thoughts.

Diesel

• Premium Member

Somebody said we don't have a chance in Hell of getting Gasol?

I don't know about that. I think the question is who's doing the negotiations for Memphis. They have no GM. It would have to be the owner. That's possible. Gasol has said that he's good with staying in Memphis, but the truth is maybe ownership wants him gone. He has a mammouth contract AND he showed a lot of disloyalty. If BK knows one person in ownership at Memphis... He probably has a deal of Jsmoove, Speedy and our ending contracts + maybe a future first for Pau Gasol. With the 4th pick in the draft, and getting JSmoove, Memphis probably won't be that hesistant to do a deal like that because it frees up a lot of cap space in the future... and if Ownership is brokering the deal, it would make the most sense to them.

The other possibility is Bogut for JSmoove. Milwaukee needs a Sf. Well, they get one but it cost them their franchise C. I don't think it's that great of a loss for them. However, the Hawks get a guy who can play Center and at least scores consistently. He's a 50+% scorer. I just don't think that BK would want to go to a plodding style of Center. I've always thought BK would be interested in a Center like Camby... a guy who can get up and down the court and put up some points.

All in all, unless he's a locker room distraction, I don't think it's wise to trade Josh Smith. Either that or BK has a beauty of a deal. I mean, we might be talking about Aldridge, Jack and a 2008 first for Smoove/Speedy. I wouldn't exactly jump all over that, but it depends on the attitude.

Quote:

The other possibility is Bogut for JSmoove.

This really is a HORRIBLE HORRIBLE deal. Bogut is no better defensively then Zaza. He is called out CONSTANTLY by Milwaukee fans. Milwaukee would do that deal in less than a nanosecond.

Quote:

Milwaukee needs a Sf. Well, they get one but it cost them their franchise C.

Bogut is not a franchise C, he is absolutely HORRIBLE on defense, something I predicted years ago. I didn't even want him with the #1 pick.

If we trade Smoove for Bogut that would be the last straw for me. I'm not even sure we want to traded him for Gasol because this next year he will be even better than last year at age 22. Trade Marvin. Trade Childress. Trade Shelden. Trade ZaZa.

Not Smith.