• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Seattle Open to Dealing #2: Options

xman

One the ESPN Rumor area they had a quote that Seattle was open to dealing #2 but that it would take a lot to deal the pick - - normal posturing, but clearly it makes sense for them to make some knd of deal. There is no way that Lewis goes back if Durant is there - it just doesn't make sense.

So, Seattle has 3 options;

(i) Draft Durant and let Lewis walk for nothing,

(ii) Draft Durant and do a sign and trade with Lewis,

(iii) Resign Lewis and trade the #2 pick

The most appealing option would be to sign and trade Lewis - they get a few players (maybe Frye/Crawford, etc.) and still get Durant. But, if they don't have a deal in place before the draft, the value will go down because other teams wll know they have no choice but to deal Lewis then. Plus, putting together a sign and trade is not the easiest thing to make happen - which could lead to the worst option, losing Lewis for nothing (essentially replacing Lewis with Durant).

So, they should be, and apparently are, open to trading the pick. The question is what is fair value? Durant is a stud that will be a high scoring SF. #3 could be Yi/Wright/Horford/Conley which is still value - but not near the value of Durant. Seattle also would like to unload Watson's contract (or Ridnours instead) - they could use that money for part of Lewis' contract. Plus, if we absorbed salary, it would create a Trade Exception which Seattle could use or not.

It seems to be the concensus that Chill could be dealt - but I don't know if he is enough added to the #3.

Options?

#2 and Watson for #3+ Chill

for #3+#11+Chill

for #3+ Chill+Shelden

for #11+Marvin

for #11+Marvin+Chill

#2+Watson+ (one of their Cs) for #3+Marvin+?

Even though I think Durant is going to be better than Lewis, it just seems that Seattle is better off with Lewis+#3+Marvin (or whatever else they can get in a deal) than Durant and not much else.

For us, JJ and Durant would be lethal outside - along with JS/Williams at PF. True, C/PG would still be issues but there doesn't appear to be a great solution for that right now anyway - and depending upon the deal we might at least have adequate talent at those spots.

That being said - if I was in Seattle and had decided to resign Lewis, there are other teams that might offer more (which would mean that we have to beat their offer). Maybe:

#2+? for #9+Tyrus+? : Chicago has too many options to list them

#2+? for #5+ Jefferson: Boston also has a lot of options

#2+ for #24, #29, Atl#1 in 2008, MBanks/Barbosa or even Marion in some package

#2+Watson for #5, Villanueva and #1 in 2008

#2+Wilcox/Collison/Watson/Wilkins/Sene for Garnett

#2 for #12+Iguodola+?

etc.

So, it wouldn't be cheap - but, if Durant can be had, it should be attempted.

lineup if #2+Watson+Petro for #3+Marvin+Chill

PG - Watson/Claxton/Lue/(Law or Crittendon

SG - JJ/Salim

SF - Durant

PF - Smith/Williams

C - ZZ/Petro

Strong at SG, SF and PF. Solid at PG. Weak at C. Still, a solid team.

There's a big gap between #2 and #3. I think I'd be open to moving #3/Marvin for #2/filler. Use Chill or Josh Smith (if he is really on the block) to get us a big. Use #11 on a PG.

Crittenton / Johnson / Durant would be nasty in the future.

I imagine we'd have to trade shelden and marvin or chilz.

But if it only took chilz and the 3 for the 2nd and wilkins we'd be nasty. Can you imagine...

Lue/Critt

JJ/AJ/Salim

Durant/Marvin

Smoove/Shelden

Zaza/Solomon

I wonder if we could turn Marivn and Durant into Oden...neither will happen, but it's fun to think about.

Quote:

There's a big gap between #2 and #3. I think I'd be open to moving #3/Marvin for #2/filler. Use Chill or Josh Smith (if he is really on the block) to get us a big. Use #11 on a PG.

If we are looking to unload Smith, then Smith/#3 for #2/Watson would be a strong offer. Maybe include Chill if we really want to make it hard for Seattle to resist (or if we can get a C from them).

We would still have Critt (or Law)/JJ/Durant, with Shelden at the 4 and Marvin pulling the rest of the minutes at 3 or 4 spots (or go small wth shelden at the 5). Would be solid.

If Seattle were going to deal the pick yes I think we have two trade options.

A. Smoove/no3 pick

B.#3 pick and Marvin I would even throw in chills for no2 and filler prefer a project big.

Why do this? If the reports are true Smoove is an explosive personality and the Hawks are tired of it then Durant would be instant box office and potential to be one of the best in the game.

Option 2 will marvin ever show he can be even near the potential he was cracked up to be when drafted? Chills while a good player I don't see any room on the roster as and wing players are a dime a dozen.

Durant is box office,is a pressure player and is one of the most ballyhooed players to come along in a few years.Only Lebron besides Oden have this kind of media hype.

Quote:

Quote:

If we are looking to unload Smith, then Smith/#3 for #2/Watson would be a strong offer. Maybe include Chill if we really want to make it hard for Seattle to resist (or if we can get a C from them).

We would still have Critt (or Law)/JJ/Durant, with Shelden at the 4 and Marvin pulling the rest of the minutes at 3 or 4 spots (or go small wth shelden at the 5). Would be solid.

You've got to be kidding me.

What lack of respect for Brandan Wright and Josh Smith.

Wow just wow at trading Smoove just to get the 2nd pick.

I could see if it was for Greg Oden but for a guy at Josh's position?

There are going to be questions for every player even Oden but let me remind you if tthe Hawks think Smoove is a problem that would be the main thing to trade him plus signability. Its not a lack of respect is a business decison plus Durant could be the larry bird type who comes up big during crunch time Smoove has yet to prove that plus his outside game is still suspect.Yes he is developing just like Durant will be I think the big difference is Durant doesn't blow up at his coaches and management besides his talent.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

You've got to be kidding me.

What lack of respect for Brandan Wright and Josh Smith.

Wow just wow at trading Smoove just to get the 2nd pick.

I could see if it was for Greg Oden but for a guy at Josh's position?

I have no respect for Wright - maybe in a few years, maybe not. Josh is a good player - he is not a superstar but will want to be paid like one - so I would rather have Durant. Maybe I am overestmatng Durant . . . . but superstars are hard to come by.

They will not deal this pick. Bet the farm on it.

I did see that Indy and the Magic are looking to get into the draft. http://www.hoopsworld.com/article_22193.shtml

Pacers and the Magic are eager to trade into this draft, don’t be surprised to see the Pacers trigger a deal in the next few days to acquire a pick, while the Magic may make a draft day deal to get the player they covet after he’s drafted

Guest Walter

That includes pick 3/11/MW/SW or JC. Durant or a superstar like him is worth it 100%.

Afterwards I'd look to get a 2nd rder and/or late 1st and pick up a swing and a Pg. I'd suck it up for awhile waiting for big but getting that superstar would be worth it.

W