• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

#11 pick-worthless lotto pick in Hawks history

WraithSentinel

Quote:

If BK had a brain he would use the 11th pick and Chills/Marvin to move up to grab Conley and Horford. I am torn between Law and Conley but I'll take the speed on the court more than a scoring point guard.

wow...just wow

u are torn between law/conley, yet u like conley enough to give up chill/marvin to get him instead of law

just wow

who would we play at sf again?

Quote:

Quote:

use the 11th pick and Chills/Marvin to move up to grab Conley and Horford.

That would be BEAUTIFUL !

Wings grow on trees. We would find a competent back up to play behind who ever is left from flipping Marvin or Chills.

damn, did someone spike the koolaid?

The only bad pick is Brandan Wright. At 200 lbs, this guy is going to struggle trying to get his low post game to work in the NBA, at least until he adds some weight and strength. The Hawks are bad enough where they can use all of the talent they can get. Yeah, they had injuries last season, but that only proves there is no depth on the team.

I would package the #11 with Zaza for Camby. Denver are looking to deal him and he would be a big improvement. He is a massive rebounder and shot blocker. Him and Smoove together would create a block party and create real matchup problems. If this cant be done I would either go with Tiago Splitter or I still like the #11 for Channing Frye trade. The guy can play and would cover the 4 and 5 spots.

This is becoming absurd.

We draft Marvin knowing he will probably take 3 years to develop. He hada very solid season last year after it took nearly a month to fully get back what the wrist injury cost him. Now in what should be his break-out year some of you want to trade him and a lotto pick for bad contracts adn a bag of peanuts. It seems this happens every year fans become infatuated with the talk that is going on now. It may be college football and recruiting or predraft hype. Fans are ready to push out the proven players for the unknown based on hype.

I want an honest answer. Is Conley THAT much better then Law to give up Marvin who is just 21 and coming into his own?????????????? That is just absurd.

I love all the pop shots BK receives. IF you want to attack his drafting so be it, I don't agree seeing how all of his players even 2nd round picks are all playing and are also valuable assets. However, please explain to me your comment that he gets taken in trades ?????????

So lets review trades:

Jon Barry for T Lue, I'd say that was a win for us.

Diaw and a late 2008 draft pick for JJ, ummmmmmmm Diaw and what may be a 13 or 14th pick 3 years after the deal for an ALL-Star, yep he really got had there.

Al Harrington for the 11th pick, so how is Ind doing with Murphy??? We would be in there shoes, no pick and with his contract so large for 4 yrs no room for FA, so all of you wanting Law or Critt could get used to Lue and Speedy with no hope of changing that had we gone that route. Note this was the only other solid offer reported. So we would have another F with a huge deal, and you thought we were loaded at F as is imagine Murphy in the mix now.

Rasheed who was a FA and was most assuredly not resigning for 17th pick. I'll take that

JT for Tione, ok you got me on this one. But BK was trying to shake things up, but this was just not working out

While some of the early trades, JT, Theo, Rahim, may be iffy it was amazing that BK was able to get rid of those contracts at all. We were a 40 win team with no salary cap room and may have to take a little bit less then market value to move some contracts. While they may not have been idle they werent rapings.

Oh and just for fun, Pau Gasol for Rahim.

So please tell me were BK got completely raped on a trade. You can walk blindly and follow the popular masses, and disagree with his drafting, but honestly BK and his trades have worked out for the most part.

you have some points there.

But I think for the most part it is the frustration at missing out on CP3 when he had the chance to draft him. and in a year with 3 star PGs which would have helped the team so much. With CP3 the team could conceivably have been in the playoffs this year. that stings. worse considering he had taken Childress over Deng or even Biedrins the year before. and then taking Shelden instead of Roy last year...

CP3, Deng and Roy. Thats 3 strikes. I think it is mainly that causing the resentment myself.