• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Jim Harrick/Tony Cole Situation

Traceman

What a HORRIBLE deal for UGA. No matter how this turns out, the University will suffer. I think Cole is a backstabbing, lying low life scum bag and I think Harrick is a [censored] liar who once again crossed the line while trying to build his program. I think much of what Cole has alleged will prove to be untrue but I believe ENOUGH of what he said will prove to be true. I think Harrick has already lied on at least two occasions. I think he lied about where the $300.00 used to pay the phone bill came from and I think he lied about not knowing about the problems at Rhode Island. Harrick will get fired (or resign). If I'm Jarvis Hayes, NBA, here I come.

Harrick also lied on national TV last night. He said he graduated 8 of 8 players at Rhode Island. Rhode Island's AD stated today that Harrick is not telling the truth there, and in actuality, out of the 9 players Harrick recruited to Rhode Island, only 1 graduated.

Harrick will be out at UGA at the end of the season when everything comes out.

Could Lon Kruger become the UGA head basketball coach next season?

If I'm UGA, I'd hire him in a heartbeat. Kruger is a fantastic college coach, and you know he will run a clean program.

It's already painfully obvious that, no matter what happens, UGA will end up the loser.

Cole has nothing to lose, if it comes out that he's lying about all this, he's still a lying SOB. Sadly though, he's probably right about most things.

There's too many conflicting statements stacked against Harrick. A columnist in my local paper had a great comment the other day...

"If you had late February 2003 in the office pool, you're a winner!"

Harrick is a great coach, no doubt. But he's gotten in trouble everywhere he's been. He will be gone as soon as UGA gets bounced from the Tourney, Jarvis will jump to the NBA to escape this mess, and the team will be lost.

...and that's before any NCAA sanctions. We could be banned from postseason play, lose scholarships, or both. Either way, the program is doomed for the near future. No player will choose a Georgia team on probation over another comparable school.

Lon would be a good choice for a replacement, but I'd love for Mark Slonaker of Mercer to get a shot at coaching his alma mater...but I'm just a little bit biased.