• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

After watching Tony Parker light up Cleveland.....

lush23

Maybe Conley Jr. should be the pick after all. They are very similar in stature and style of play. Obviously Parker is more advanced at shooting the rock right now. Conley Jr. can penetrate and he is a heck of an athlete. Just a thought.

Like I said, if Shelden can play the 5, then Im all for drafting Conley.

Conley is sick on paper

Chris Paul

5'11.75

6'1

178 pounds

6'4.25"

7'9

38 max vert

10 bench press

11.09 lane agility

3.22 3/4 court sprint

TJ Ford

5'11 w/o shoes

6'0.25 w/ shoes

162 pounds

5'11.5 wingspan

7'9.5 standing reach

39.5 max vert

11.45 lane agility

3.20 3/4 court sprint

Mike Conley Jr

5'11.75 w/o height

6'0.75 w/ height

175 pounds

6'5.75 wingspan

7'10.5" standing reach

35.5 standing vert

40.5 max ert

13 bench press

11.63 lane agility

3.09 3/4 court sprint

Only thing that he is beat in is lane agility.

But the question is how nasty would Tony Parker be in those drills?

I was thinking the same thing. For those worried about Conley's outside shot, keep in mind that Parker only attempted 74 3 pointers over the last 2 regular seasons, making 26. When are we going to get another opportunity to get a player with Conley's attributes? Probably not until the next rebuild cycle, maybe not even then.

I'd love to get Yi @ #3 and either get Acie Law or trade up for Conley (give up T. Lue or something).

LOL did anyone see Brent Barry's personal 3 pt shootout? he took like 4 threes and bricked (I mean BRICKED) them all within a 1 minute span in the 4th quarter

Hmm, I have been saying that for the last couple of weeks we need Yi/Horford AND Conley.Do waht it takes to get conley IF he seperates himself from the other 2 guards law and Crit. I'll include Chills or Marvin and the 11th pick. Now some will say Speedy can do that for us nope.Conley's court vision is much better to find open men plus Conley's defense will be better. He can develop his outside shot like Parker but there is no substitute of speed.

Let the tryouts dicate if BK needs to move up from 11 to get Conley. If BK plays his cards right he could make for a few mistakes from the past.

He's okay, I wouldn't mind taking him 11th, but like I said (and I watch alot of Chris paul and Mike Conley) He's no Chris Paul, can ya'll stop that comparison. He's more of a poor man's Tony Parker, but with the players surronding him I think he'll be okay here. The thing that worries me, is we haven't seen him play well without Oden. Don't even bring up the beggining of the year because, it was against mid-major teams, and he only averaged 9pts 6ast.

I saw on numerous occassions in the NCAA tournament when Oden was in foul trouble early the Ohio State team played better with Conley playing point.All this talk that Conley needs a big man or that he was effective because of Oden is dead wrong. Ohio State moved the ball up and down the court faster because of the smaller lineup and it opened up the lanes much like phoenix plays.

I hope BK doesn't underestimate Conley the guy is a winner and makes plays that make the difference with his speed,

• Premium Member

Conley Jr. is not Paul, nor is he a Parker. he cannot shoot so well.

About Parker.

Also notice that there's a big named Duncan who goes High Post and the whole interior defense goes with him. Parker has all kind of openness to do what he does.