• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I'm not a Lenny fan, but.....

KB21

....I have to agree with his quotes in this article.

http://www.accessatlanta.com/ajc/sports/co...oore/index.html

I think T Moore really shows how much of a hypocrit he is in this article because he changes his view on the Hawks players based on the comments from Lenny Wilkens in this article.

Lenny sees that this team has talent. "They have some nice pieces." "They've got some good talent."

This really galvanizes my opinion that this team needs a strong head coach because the talent base is certainly here.

I don't see any coach changing the losing personalities

that are Terry/Rahim/Robinson.The only one with any

real desire to win is Theo Ratliff.

How is a coach going to change Reef's choking ways?

Missed easy layups,barely touching the rim with open

midrange shots.

This team is pretty much a rehash of the late 90 Wizards.

When are they going to get a star player?

• Premium Member

I think a good coach would go a long way in changing this team. This team definitely needs to be drilled with ROLE and need to be taught offense and defense. I think Lon and Stotts have failed in both areas. As well as Stotts does questionable things with his lineups.

IF they insist on keep this team together Pete HAS

to find away to get some help for the bench.The

bench rarely produces more than 8 or 10 points.

Hendu started off well but has failed to contribute

in a longtime.I would rather have had Walt Williams

than Darvin Ham.Ham is once of worst players I've

EVER seen.He must go.

This is a classic piece from Terence Moore.

He spent years writing column after column about how Lenny could only take this team so far and how he refused to let his youngsters play. Then he lauded his firing.

Now he jumps on the anti-Hawks bandwagon once again (at the easiest possible time) hoping this city won't remember.

Whatever.

The most suprising fact about the piece is that Moore actually got Wilkens to give him a qoute.

http://www.hawkszone.net

Don Nelson used to do questionable things with his lineups. Look where Dallas is now. I look at ATL as teams like Dallas and Sac-Town from a few years ago. Dallas had good talent, they just weren't able to win. Sac-Town sucked horribly on the road. If we keep this team together, just adding role-players, in a year or two we should be awesome. I still think Stotts is doing decent. Sure, he makes some bad decisions at times, but so does almost every other coach in the league. Everyone wants things to happen right now. Well, I'm sorry, there truly is no quick fix.

• Premium Member

Nellie didn't do questionable things with his lineups? Nellie did questionable things in the draft. He was a laughing stock for pick Dirk and Wang (the other PF from over there. Plays for the Clipps now). He also made interesting trades. Trading for Howard?!!? It's not the player, it's the contract. Then trading Howard for Van Exel and Lafrentz. However, in everything that Nellie did to mold that team, he had 2 things we need.

1. A vision.

2. A Owner who is hands on and CARES.

I remember reading that at one point in a game, Nellie played all his tallest players at one time. He had nothing resembling a PG on the floor. I'm sorry I can't remember specifics, put it was something of this sort. Nellie did try odd combinations. I will agree that we need a Owner that cares and that we need a coach with vision. But Stotts really hasn't been able to set a vision. I see him as still trying to get our players to play REAL team basketball. I think he is trying to put the principles back into our players. I think if we give the team we have at the moment another year, including the coach, we should do a lot better. If we don't, then we send him packing along with a couple stars (Reef and GRob).

• Premium Member

What Stotts needs is a team with NOTHING and NO expectations. He'd do well with the Denver Nuggets. He could play 4 Rookies and go into teaching mode. With a vet team like ours, they feel that they know already. Even JT. Plus they don't trust each other totally. Those are chemistry killers. We need a coach that is veteran. I would say one who has been there and won it and can communicate what he wants. Many of you took issue when I said Daly... But that's what we need. He has been there, won it and out of 12 years coaching, he has only had 1 losing season. He has won with losing teams and have reached unreachable players (Rodman, DC). The other coach that comes to mind is Larry Brown.

Nellie used to play manute Bol out on the perimeter and encourage him to shoot threes. lol

Nellie is a wonderful coach tho and has won everywhere he has coached. He wasn't given much of a chance in NY. Milwaukee, Golden State and now Dallas he has won tons of games and a [censored] of a winning percentage.

The problem is the same as Lenny's. When it comes to playoff time. Has Nellie ever made it to the conference finals? It wouldn't surprise me if the Mavs are out in the first or second round this year.