• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What may be possible.

Diesel

• Premium Member

I'm starting to think it's a strong possibility that Kevin Durant drops to us at #3. He's doing stupid things (IMO). First he looks really bad in the physical testing in Orlando. Now, he refuses to give Seattle a workout. I wouldn't be surprised if Seattle trades down.

Quote:

I'm starting to think it's a strong possibility that Kevin Durant drops to us at #3. He's doing stupid things (IMO). First he looks really bad in the physical testing in Orlando. Now, he refuses to give Seattle a workout. I wouldn't be surprised if Seattle trades down.

if that happened,i think a team would want to trade up to draft him,we could possibly get a player,and their pick if they want Durant bad enough

It isn't likely but not a totally unreasonable theory.

Kevin Durant Not Working Out for Seattle

I have a feeling Seattle would want the farm and the house for Durant, though. I'd be willing to offer either Marvin Williams or Childress/Salim to move up to #2. I'd also consider #11/Salim. I think Durant is going to be the real deal. JJ/Durant would be one of the sickest 1-2 punches in the league.

I do know for a fact that prior to the lottery drawing, pritchard was rumored to be exploring everything that he could to trade up for Durant. Now I do expect them to draft Oden, but instead of being 99% sure before, I'm more like 97.5%.

Cool move; hot topic

Posted by Jason Quick June 16, 2007 00:02AM

Pretty cool idea being executed by the Trail Blazers next week when Greg Oden and Kevin Durant come to Portland for interviews and workouts.

When Oden gets off the plane on Tuesday night, the first Blazers representatives to meet him will be none other than Blazers rookies Brandon Roy and LaMarcus Aldridge. Same thing on Thursday night, when Durant arrives.

"I think it's cool, too,'' Blazers coach Nate McMillan said. "It's the right thing to do. I think it's going to help, because they can identify with them and they can kind of break the ice about who we (McMillan and Pritchard) are.''

McMillan said he was prepared to present the idea, but came to the Blazers practice facility and realized that general manager Kevin Pritchard had already taken action, writing Roy and Aldridge's airport meeting in on the itinerary.

In Sunday's editions of The Oregonian, I get deeper into the debate that is rustling behind closed doors of the Blazers between Oden and Durant. You might be surprised to find that Oden doesn't appear to be the clear-cut choice among the Blazers evaluators.

Even though many have conceded the Blazers drafting Oden with the No. 1 pick, Pritchard shot down the notion on Friday. He was adamant that anybody who feels Oden is the sure-fire pick should watch Durant's March 3 game during which he scored 25 first-half points against Kansas. One week later, in the Big 12 championship game, Durant had 37 points, 10 rebounds and six blocks against Kansas.

In the article, Pritchard labels himself as "a risk taker" who is "not afraid to go against the current.''

My sense is that Pritchard is sending smoke screens. But I have always said this: during the winter, when Pritchard and I would talk in passing before Blazers games, he would always rave about Durant. And shortly after the Blazers won the draft lottery, Pritchard admitted that his scouting staff would probably concur that he was leaning toward Durant.

This much is known: McMillan likes both players, but is clearly leaning toward Oden.

Also, Pritchard loves Durant, but is also enamored with the potential of an Aldridge-Oden frontline that would evoke memories of the Spurs title tandem of David Robinson and Tim Duncan.

Another nugget: Pritchard says that Roy and Aldridge are leaning toward favoring different players. Which ones? Who knows.

"So, the debate starts all over again,'' Pritchard said.

If you don't already sense it, the next week is a huge event in Blazers history. It is, if you believe Pritchard, the week when the Blazers make one of the biggest decisions in franchise history as these two franchise-changing players audition for the No. 1 pick.

Oden. Durant.

What is Pritchard thinking?

Read Sunday for a snapshot into his mindset.

--Quick confused.gif