Sothron

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

Quote:

Javaris did not play for the AAU-Celtics.

Why do you say this? According to his bio on the Georgia Tech site he did. If you do a search for Crittendon and the Atlanta Celtics, there are all kinds of hits that say he played for them.

You are correct, he did play with the Celtics. He also played with another team (a nike team) and he toured europe with them. I forget the name of the team (Georgia Stars or Team Georgia). I thought he continued with them. He did after the Nike team went to the Celtics.

I can be wrong.

shrug.gif

Quote:

Our bench would be awful, but that's something that can be addressed over time.

Or addressed immediately. There are plenty of quality bench-type players out there available as UFA's, and that could/should be signable at a very reasonable price. Of course it would help our cause out immensely if we were able to get rid of some of our garbage contracts (Speedy, BLoWright), but either way we should still be able to fill out our bench somewhat adequately.

Man for Dwight Howard I would have Offered #3 , #11 , Marvin Williams , Zaza and Salim for Dwight Howard. I dont care wat it takes to get this guy. Dwight would be playing in front of his home crowd which I bet he would love. Im glad BK is willing to deal Marvin Williams in trades now because it was clearly a mistake pick.

Quote:

Would you trade all that for a one-year rental?

1 Year rental? No way Dwight Howard has always said his dream was to play for the Atlanta Hawks since him and Josh SMith are both from Atlanta. They have known each since they were in preschool and have played on many teams together. The fact that his family and friends could watch him on a nightly basis and he would be playing in his home town of Atlanta with his best buddy Josh Smith. That would inspire him to want to win a championship in his city of Atlanta. I dont see how he wouldnt sign here long term this is the perfect situation for him. JJ+Smoove+Howard GL to anyone trying to stop that Trio.

• Premium Member

Apparently we are not done trying to woo Orlando to break tradition and trade within a division in a major trade. I was told we are going to make another pitch for Howard next week going into the draft. Hinted that they are hoping Howard can put some internal pressure on the Magic by suggesting how much he'd like to play with his old AAU crew back in the ATL. Hawks prepared to expand offer past #3 and Marvin but not to include both picks.

I thought it was interesting. Sounded like beyond the Howard deal there was also a phone conversation late today between Knight and McHale over KG.

• Premium Member

I would personally trade anyone not named Josh Smith and Joe Johnson for Howard. I would like to keep the #11 pick though to draft a point guard.

Edit: I just have to add its not often I get to use the word "woo" on here. Let's hope Knight really can woo Howard here.

Guest Walter

Quote:

That changes everything
, if the Hawks see Smith as a 3/4 instead of a 4/3.

That makes Horford the best selection at #3 IMHO.

Why wouldn't that indicate Yi was the best selection? Unlike Horford, whose skill set is mimiced by SW, Yi is versatile and would ideally compliment JS and SW in a 3 man forward rotation. Forgetting that Yi is more talented than Horford and all that...Yi simply compliments SW/JS better than SW/Horford

W

You can do the moonwalk in a short skirt if we get Dwight Howard for all I care. Just the fact that we are pushing for it and not just saying: "No? Ok..."

On a side note, are we legitimately interested in Kevin Garnett? Seems like we'd have to give up an awful lot in both assets and salary to make that work when he might only be here for 2 years. From what I hear Kevin Garnett wants to come south. smile.gif I believe he has family residing in South Carolina.

Quote:

I would personally trade anyone not named Josh Smith and Joe Johnson for Howard. I would like to keep the #11 pick though to draft a point guard.

I was about to post exactly this thought, verbatim. There's no possible bad deal for us as long as Smoove and Johnson are kept.