Question for those know combine #'s...

DavidSomerset

Quote:

he had a SHOULDER brace on 90% of the season...u don't think that will affect his play?

when healthy, he was a double-double machine leading rookies in rebounding

if he's 100% healthy this year, u are gonna be eating crow

Really ill bet everything I own I wont. This guy is already 24 years old with limited upside. I wonder wat the excuse next year is going to be..Shelden is depressed because Candace parker broke up with thats why he is not playing good. He wont come close to avging a double double this year esp. Playing 20 mins a game a max. If he was hurt he wouldnt have been on the court simple as that stop making excuses for this reach retard pick. If a player is really hurt why risk it more by actually playing. That to me seems like he really wasnt hurt as bad as you say he was. Did you ever think the Brace was to protect his shoulder from taking any damage? Because god only knows if the draft were redone this guy would probably me late 1st round pick or 2nd rounder and we took him 5th another botched pick by the Billy Knightmare.

Quote:

horford has post moves and plays center

Are you saying that you think his natural position in the NBA is center? Because if you are I think you are nuts. I agree that Horford can get away with playing C a little better than Shelden will, but to me both are CLEARLY natural PF's.

So, long story short, what do you think Horford's natural position is, PF or C? It can't be both.

And if you think it's PF, do you not see a problem with getting yet another top notch draft pick for a player whose natural position is taken?

Quote:

Quote:

Are you saying that you think his natural position in the NBA is center? Because if you are I think you are nuts. I agree that Horford can get away with playing C a little better than Shelden will, but to me both are CLEARLY natural PF's.

So, long story short, what do you think Horford's natural position is, PF or C? It can't be both.

And if you think it's PF, do you not see a problem with getting yet another top notch draft pick for a player whose natural position is taken?

Thank you sir thats what Im saying. If his natural position is PF then why draft another PF if he is coming off the bench for the Atlanta Hawks for the next 5 + years. That would make 3 Lottery picks in the last 4 years coming off the bench. To me for as bad as the Hawks have been that can not happen. If you are in the lottery for 4 straight years you have to draft starters to rebuild the franchise. Not reach picks or busts to come off the bench. Thats not how you rebuild a franchise. If you are in the lottery esp Top 7 past 4 years you have to draft starters period. Unless Smith or Marvin are traded and from what Can i see unless we are getitng a superstar in return that is not happening.

Quote:

Quote:

I think people are underestimating how great of a C Horford could be.

With his athleticism he would have ADVANTAGES playing C in the league with his ability to run the floor without the ball and his ability to dribble the ball would be considered elite for a 5. Add in his ability to elevate and he would cause some serious matchup problems.

AT PF he would be going up against shorter opponents but they would also be quicker matching his athleticism especailly these days with all the 3/4 prospects playing 4.

I think playing the 5 the only thing he would have to worry about is putting on some more muscle so he could have elite combination of strength and athleticism like a Dwight Howard and he would be absolutely sick in a year or two.

Quote:

Also I dont believe Dwight Howard is 6'9 w/o shoes he is alot closer to 7'0 to be measured that low maybe he grew but 6'9 w/o shoes no way.

I remember reading an interview with Howard last year where he said he is only 6'10" (with shoes). He said Hedo Turkoglu is actually taller than him. He has long arms and great leaping ability, but he is not a 7 footer. Remember, he was the PF not the center on the Celtics - Randolph Morris was the center.

And obviously, Ben Wallace is nowhere near that tall. There's a lot more than height that goes into making someone a center in the NBA.

tell me this, WHO can we get at center in this draft?

i'm ALL FOR trading #3 for a center if possible, but if not, then it's gotta be horford or yi...they at least CAN play some center

i'm NOT taking conley at #3...if we do that, who do we take at 11?

and i'm 100% NOT SOLD that conley is a better prospect than critt/law...so NO POINT in wasting our #3 when a similiar asset is available at #11

it's not like i'm saying to pass on a center for horford/yi or saying don't draft a pg...

Quote:

tell me this, WHO can we get at center in this draft?

i'm ALL FOR trading #3 for a center if possible, but if not, then it's gotta be horford or yi...they at least CAN play some center

i'm NOT taking conley at #3...if we do that, who do we take at 11?

and i'm 100% NOT SOLD that conley is a better prospect than critt/law...so NO POINT in wasting our #3 when a similiar asset is available at #11

it's not like i'm saying to pass on a center for horford/yi or saying don't draft a pg...

I dont care who we take at 3 as long as they can play Center full time and or Point guard not being Law or Crittenon. I have serious doubt that Horfod can play center because he is just too much like Shelden. YI maybe cause of his height but his skillset is not Center like. I would honestly trade down with the Celtics to get there 5+ more back. Also I would try everything possible to land Gasol, Howard or any other big. Because I honestly dont think Horford or Yi will be better then any of these guys in the long term. Plus those veterans already know the NBA game no rookie wall, Sophmore slump etc.

• Premium Member

Quote:

With his athleticism he would have ADVANTAGES playing C in the league with his ability to run the floor without the ball and his ability to dribble the ball would be considered elite for a 5. Add in his ability to elevate and he would cause some serious matchup problems.

Well, I underestimate how "great" a center he is going to be because he's not a volume scorer. I think he will be solid at either PF or C, but he won't be much to talk about on either end of the court because in college he was nothing special on either end.

An interesting exercise is to examine his stats against good teams only... Top 25 teams. Come back and discuss. I guarantee you that he's more like an 8, 8 player against good team. I also think that you will see that his points come from putbacks.

Quote:

Quote:

Well, I underestimate how "great" a center he is going to be because he's not a volume scorer. I think he will be solid at either PF or C, but he won't be much to talk about on either end of the court because in college he was nothing special on either end.

An interesting exercise is to examine his stats against good teams only... Top 25 teams. Come back and discuss. I guarantee you that he's more like an 8, 8 player against good team. I also think that you will see that his points come from putbacks.

I completely agree...at Florida he was a solid player, not special though...he wasn't game changing big man like Oden was for Ohio State...because he wasn't he's not worth taking at 3.

Quote:

Well normally I'd be too lazy to do such a thing but since Yi has moved up the charts again in my Top 5, I'm curious to see.

Kansas

9 points

8 rebounds

3 blocks

5 Personal Fouls

3/8 shooting

Florida State

4 points

6 rebounds

1 block

5 personal fouls

2/2 FG

Ohio State

11 points

11 rebounds

3 blocks

5/8 shooting

Tennessee

22 points

13 rebounds

3 blocks

5/11 shooting

Kentucky

9 points

7 rebounds

1 block

3/7 shooting

LSu

13 points

9 rebounds

5/10 shooting

Tennessee

17 points

10 rebounds

4 blocks

Kentucky

14 points

10 rebounds

3 blocks

LSU

13 points

9 rebounds

Ohio State

18 points

12 rebounds

2 points

Horford's numbers really didn't go too far down against good competition. He had not so great games against Kansas and Kentucky and the FSU game sticks out like a sore thumb but overall he rose to the occasion against good competition.

Although interesting to note that Al Horford was in foul trouble in every one of Florida's losses this season which says something about his importance to the team.