• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

If we draft a point guard..................

BHayley

How much PT does he get?

From Woodson's comments in tomorrow's AJC, he says

"But just in case, we've got to have a point guard that's an insurance policy, possibly, if those two guys go down." (referring to Speedy and Lue).

So is this drafted / traded for PG a 3rd PG on this team? Confusing...

TexasPete, this isn't a worthless thread, so eat it.

I think Speedy and Lue are insurance, more than the point guard we draft. If Conley's or Law is the point guard we draft no doubt that both would start. I think at least 30MPG for either one. We can't count on Speedy (um I mean Craig) for probably more than half the season.

Quote:

I think Speedy and Lue are insurance, more than the point guard we draft. If Conley's or Law is the point guard we draft no doubt that both would start. I think at least 30MPG for either one. We can't count on Speedy (um I mean Craig) for probably more than half the season.

Not with Woodson coaching. He rarely give rookies any minutes over veterans. He didn't give j.Smith, Marvin or Shelden any PT to play with in the rookie season no matter how they play.

Quote:

Quote:

Not with Woodson coaching. He rarely give rookies any minutes over veterans. He didn't give j.Smith, Marvin or Shelden any PT to play with in the rookie season no matter how they play.

Josh Smith averaged 27.7MPG, and Childress averaged 29.7MPG their rookie years and that was with Diaw and Harrington on the roster. Also a point guard would be relied on more than any of those guys were their rookie seasons. I fully expect Speedy to miss half the season, his track record isn't good on the injury front.

I think it depends on who is taken. Keep in mind that most rookie players stink. Very few rookie PGs will have a PER of 14 or 15 like T Lue is likely to put up. Law is the most likely guy to play well his rookie year, and I'd expect him to be starting partway through the year. Conley might not start in year 1, but I'd expect him to get significant minutes throughout. I would not expect Critt to start in year 1 and doubt he'd get more than 15 minutes a game, depending on Speedy's health of course.