• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Sean Williams

AtLaS

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/player/profile?playerId=22199

This guy is very intriguing, and would be a higher 1st rounder easily if not for his off the court troubles. It's a risk, but 5 blocks per game! He played for Boston College, but he's 6'10 and very athletic. NBAdraft.net has him going at #30 to Philly. If he can stay out of trouble, he's a serious upgrade over Solomon, and we could probably get him if we could somehow trade for an early 2nd or very late 1st.

EDIT: He averaged 2.3 blocks in only 17 minutes as a freshman, this guy is crazy.

The writeup on Williams at draftexpress paints an unflattering picture, to put it lightly. He had multiple marijuana related violations in his time at Boston College. That he smokes doesn't concern me at all, lots of people do. I'm sure plenty of athletes smoke too, just look at Calvin Johnson and Amobi Okoye in this past NFL draft. However, those two never failed any drug tests to my knowledge, and that's not surprising because they're both hard working and serious about their careers. But multiple failed drug tests indicates that Sean Williams really doesn't take basketball seriously and he just wants to do what he wants to do. Even if marijuana were legal, I imagine it would always be something with a guy who isn't dependable. And that's the problem with guys like this, you will never be able to count on them.

• Premium Member

Rickey Williams was one hell of a running back when he wanted to be and I wouldn't want him either. These guys are headcases and should be avoided at all costs.

Williams makes Randolph look like AC Green...

Yeah I know he has troubles, I just couldn't believe he averaged 5 blocks, that's insane. I agree he's probably going to be a Pacman Jones type of guy, so I don't know if I'd persue him. Maybe a 2nd round pick and give him a 1 year and see what he does. Just cut him if he has issues.