• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Dwight or Amare???

djcorley

• Premium Member

Honestly that's not even close to me. Howard is younger and does not have a microfractured knee to worry about. He is also is a much better defender and rebounder. Amare right now is a more polished offensive player.

That's tough to me. I think it depends on what you're trying to build. If you want a half court set team, go with Howard. If you want to be the Suns of the east go with Amare. Grant it, the injury does still concern me, but he makes a little less than Howard's rumored extension and is not much older. Either would make an immediate impact on this team. Depending on what it's going to take to get either, I think either makes Atlanta a lock for the playoffs this year and possible contenders for the Eastern conference finals or more.

I'm torn on this one...I know Amare has had the surgery and is a little older...

But, he's a BEAST! I do wonder how much of his success can be attributed to playing with Nash???

Dwight is a monster too and he's certainly more of an anchor on defense and a true center!

Apples and Oranges..

Still torn...

Quote:

Dwight is a monster too and he's certainly more of an anchor on defense and a true center!

I think being a 1st team center in the Western Conference legitimizes you as a true center doesn't it?

I question wether Phoenix truly plays a "center". Amare is a 4...one helluva 4...but, still a 4 he's not a classic 5 and my question is why are we so quick to pencil him in at 5...but, question if AL can play there?

AL is bigger and longer then Amare.

I'd rather have Amare other than the concerns about his health.

To me, Dwight will always be an athletic monster and a monster on the boards, but when is his scoring going to come around exactly? Amare came straight out of high school just like Dwight did, but Amare was more effective as a scorer as a rookie than Dwight is right now. And Amare's offensive game has continued to grow - he's added a jumpshot, a more developed postgame, etc. - while Dwight is taking baby steps in comparison and mostly relies on dunks and garbage points.

I know Dwight is bigger and stronger and just as athletic, but I think Amare is more skilled and will always be more skilled. Do you really see Dwight averaging 37 ppg against the Spurs in a playoff series like Amare did - even if Dwight played for the Suns? I just don't see it.

And Dwight, as good as he is on D, is no Tim Duncan when it comes to shotblocking and dominatating on that side of the ball. It's not like he's light years ahead of Amare there - and I think Amare's D started to come around a little bit.

At any rate, if we could do Amare for the 3, 11, Zaza, and AJ - and we had to give up even more for Dwight - I say go with Amare any day.

• Premium Member

Dwight's problem, his only problem, is that he depends on his athletic ability too much to score. He needs to seriously work on his low post game. If he ever gets that down he's going to be a true beast and probably meet my criteria for superstar.